Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Uber banned in London? 11:09 - Sep 22 with 8809 viewsMrSheen

Not fit and proper, denied a renewal of their operating licence. I may never get to use it (assuming they don't just ignore it).
Uber banned in London? on 13:45 - Sep 24 with 1931 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Uber banned in London? on 00:13 - Sep 24 by smegma

Do you know Holland Park station at 1am ?? The were no cars parked anywhere near the station. The driver simply didn't know where he was.

No I'm normally tucked up in bed by that time. Sorry I didn't understand in your original post that the driver was lost.

The sort of problem you described about the tourist must happen all the time and has been happening long before Uber were around.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Uber banned in London? on 16:18 - Sep 24 with 1877 viewskensalriser

Uber banned in London? on 07:38 - Sep 23 by Lblock

Bazza your earlier use of examples such as iPhones and clothes made in Thailand etc is spot on -- it is impossible to be 100% ethical in the modern world

You'll have possibly detected I'm a bit of a capitalist but I do have a bit of a social consideration in my day to day life. Unless the whole world becomes a commune there's always going to be a pyramid
I did note earlier that big business (any business) will use tax rules to their advantage so I'm not hung up on that angle. I do agree that safety checks need to be in place and this needs to be the case for ALL businesses and drivers of PSV's

I'll say no more and instead look forward to watching my tax avoiding football club of overpaid sportsmen playing this afternoon

I'd be surprised if QPR isn't paying the VAT on ticket sales.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Uber banned in London? on 17:43 - Sep 24 with 1828 viewsBoston

Uber banned in London? on 16:18 - Sep 24 by kensalriser

I'd be surprised if QPR isn't paying the VAT on ticket sales.

Jim Gregory must be turning in his grave.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Uber banned in London? on 11:29 - Sep 25 with 1674 viewsrobith

Interesting piece on the underlying issues

http://www.londonreconnections.com/2017/understanding-uber-not-app/

The part about not reporting sexual assualt to the police by a driver of theirs who went on to commit another is particularly damning

From the Metropolitan Police:

"The significant concern I am raising is that Uber have been made aware of criminal activity and yet haven’t informed the police. Uber are however proactive in reporting lower level document frauds to both the MPS and LTPH. My concern is twofold, firstly it seems they are deciding what to report (less serious matters / less damaging to reputation over serious offences) and secondly by not reporting to police promptly they are allowing situations to develop that clearly affect the safety and security of the public."
Uber banned in London? on 13:04 - Sep 25 with 1601 viewssmegma

I will support Uber when they start paying taxes in the U.K. Basically getting off scot free with something around the 5% tax rate. I think I'll write to the Inland Revenue and request a similar tax rate for myself.
Uber banned in London? on 16:18 - Sep 25 with 1521 viewsDaveClayton

"how can you demand black cab fares be cheaper when the driver has to fork out £45,000 out of their own pocket for a cab. This will increase to £55,000 in January, or an obscene £68,000 if they have to buy on finance. this is on top of correct hire and reward insurance, road tax, all servicing, repairs, road tax and license fees etc. they get no holiday pay, no sick pay or pension."

Sign me up!! - why would anyone want to be a cab driver given that's the start up and the actuality of the job? So is it a good earner? otherwise, why?

That's not a criticism - just interested to know from cabbies why that's the route (excuse the pun) they've chosen for a living.
Uber banned in London? on 16:29 - Sep 25 with 1510 viewsBoston

Uber banned in London? on 13:04 - Sep 25 by smegma

I will support Uber when they start paying taxes in the U.K. Basically getting off scot free with something around the 5% tax rate. I think I'll write to the Inland Revenue and request a similar tax rate for myself.

Write! What do ya think this democracy lark is all about?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Uber banned in London? on 16:31 - Dec 18 with 1287 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Sorry to dig this up again but this is de regulation at it’s finest:

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/12/18/uber-driver-with-criminal-past-arrested-
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024