Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RIP Charles Bradley 10:25 - Sep 25 with 3093 viewswestberksr

Really sad story given that he didn't get a real break until he was 60 having chased the dream most of his life.

Had tickets to see him in December and was probably one of the gigs I was most looking forward to for a long time. Knew he'd had cancer previously so when the gig was cancelled suspected it might be health related.

Seeing Mr Jukes tonight and they used Charles Bradley for vocals on the stand out track from their debt album; could be a bit emotional.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2017/sep/24/char...

RIP

this is the Mr Jukes tune that has a bit of airplay lately but his own albums are excellent

RIP Charles Bradley on 11:52 - Sep 25 with 2983 viewsRBlock

Ye, really sad this. He had a fantastic sound, and as you say made all the more tragic given his story. Only became literate relatively recently, spent the majority of his career as a James Brown impersonator. Full of positivity and passion whenever I've seen videos of him. Real shame.
RIP Charles Bradley on 12:06 - Sep 25 with 2962 viewsFDC

Ah man what a shame. Only came across him recently, when i heard his cover of Changes - it's a beauty:

RIP Charles Bradley on 19:29 - Sep 25 with 2771 viewsMonahoop

Old school style Stax soul sound. I was sceptical about him at first, but got to like his output as he became more original and veered gradually away from being too much like James Brown/Otis Redding. Always looked a tortured soul. Would loved to have seen a live show of his. RIP

There aint half been some clever bastards.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024