Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
26 crosses per game... 02:51 - Sep 28 with 2732 viewstimcocking

from QPR apparently, more than any other side (in the Championship?). We all know who our best strikers are for converting crosses.

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/904005018?-294:802:0
26 crosses per game... on 07:23 - Sep 28 with 2145 viewsnix

Interesting stat. I particularly like the one that say we've got more points than any other side in the Championship when losing at half time. Suggests both our fitness and tenacity have improved hugely this season. But if we could score first occasionally, pretty please, that would be nice...
26 crosses per game... on 07:36 - Sep 28 with 2131 viewsPommyhoop

Hunter's going to do a little sex wee when he sees this thread.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

26 crosses per game... on 08:34 - Sep 28 with 2078 viewsNorthernr

It is rather annoying that we're doing that this season with the Munchkins from the Wizard of Oz playing up front, rather than last season when we had Smith and/or Sylla up there.
26 crosses per game... on 09:02 - Sep 28 with 2030 viewsrunningman75

26 crosses per game... on 08:34 - Sep 28 by Northernr

It is rather annoying that we're doing that this season with the Munchkins from the Wizard of Oz playing up front, rather than last season when we had Smith and/or Sylla up there.

Last game of the season fancy dress theme Wheres Sylla?
26 crosses per game... on 09:04 - Sep 28 with 2023 viewsstevec

How many from Bidwell ?

26 crosses per game... on 09:12 - Sep 28 with 2011 viewsrobith

26 crosses per game... on 09:04 - Sep 28 by stevec

How many from Bidwell ?

Bidwell has average 1.1 crosses per game in the season thus far
26 crosses per game... on 09:13 - Sep 28 with 2010 viewsDesertBoot

We still have the annoying habit of scoring away from home, then conceding barely ten minutes later.
We've led at Cardiff, Sheffield Wednesday and Boro but picked up just one point. Shows we have the capability to score first against strong opposition but we leave the door back in wide open.

Wish I could be like David Watts

26 crosses per game... on 09:22 - Sep 28 with 1993 viewsNorthernr

26 crosses per game... on 09:04 - Sep 28 by stevec

How many from Bidwell ?

Is this your new targetnow it's turned out you've been talking bolox about Luongo?
Login to get fewer ads

26 crosses per game... on 09:33 - Sep 28 with 1961 viewsstevec

26 crosses per game... on 09:22 - Sep 28 by Northernr

Is this your new targetnow it's turned out you've been talking bolox about Luongo?

Actually, I like Bidwell.

As for the golden boy Luongo, may I respectfully point you in the direction of your beloved stats, 1 goal, zero assists, and suggest the jury's still out on whether I talk bolox or not.
26 crosses per game... on 10:12 - Sep 28 with 1883 viewsDorse

I honestly think the side is improving and much of it is down to an obvious team spirit (which, naturally, we have to keep away from Caulker. He isn't even allowed wine gums).

I can't put my finger on it but the team feels different, even though it is pretty much made up of the same players who scared the daylights out of us last season. Baptiste has really surprised me, Robinson has shown himself to be more adaptable than I thought and Mackie still keeps niggling away.

Crosses are a good indication of how the team is changing. Now, if someone would just like to stick their head on one...

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

26 crosses per game... on 10:16 - Sep 28 with 1875 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

26 crosses per game... on 09:33 - Sep 28 by stevec

As for the golden boy Luongo, may I respectfully point you in the direction of your beloved stats, 1 goal, zero assists, and suggest the jury's still out on whether I talk bolox or not.

We the jury find the defendant guilty.
26 crosses per game... on 10:17 - Sep 28 with 1873 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

26 crosses per game... on 10:12 - Sep 28 by Dorse

I honestly think the side is improving and much of it is down to an obvious team spirit (which, naturally, we have to keep away from Caulker. He isn't even allowed wine gums).

I can't put my finger on it but the team feels different, even though it is pretty much made up of the same players who scared the daylights out of us last season. Baptiste has really surprised me, Robinson has shown himself to be more adaptable than I thought and Mackie still keeps niggling away.

Crosses are a good indication of how the team is changing. Now, if someone would just like to stick their head on one...

But not in a Jim Magilton way right?
26 crosses per game... on 10:24 - Sep 28 with 1848 viewsDorse

26 crosses per game... on 10:17 - Sep 28 by BazzaInTheLoft

But not in a Jim Magilton way right?

26 crosses per game... on 10:55 - Sep 28 with 1808 viewssmegma

26 crosses per game... on 09:12 - Sep 28 by robith

Bidwell has average 1.1 crosses per game in the season thus far

And how many beat the first defender, or go anywhere near a team mate?
26 crosses per game... on 11:00 - Sep 28 with 1800 viewsHunterhoop

26 crosses per game... on 10:55 - Sep 28 by smegma

And how many beat the first defender, or go anywhere near a team mate?

1 in 3, I think. There was a spell on Sat where that was his ratio.

It is great we're putting more crosses in; it shows we're attacking more and it is a style of play which the players should clearly be able to understand and execute.

However, if you're going to wing in crosses, you do need someone to head them in. Sylla or Smith should be starting.
26 crosses per game... on 11:02 - Sep 28 with 1797 viewsAntti_Heinola

Zero assists? He won the ball and laid it off for Freeman's goal the other week. And also set up the entire move for our first v Ipswich. May not have played the final ball, but did brilliantly to set up the attack. The jury really isn't out if you can't see other people can be vital in making a goal other than the last two people to touch it. Simplistic Fantasy Football nonsense.

Bare bones.

26 crosses per game... on 11:09 - Sep 28 with 1785 viewsstevec

26 crosses per game... on 11:02 - Sep 28 by Antti_Heinola

Zero assists? He won the ball and laid it off for Freeman's goal the other week. And also set up the entire move for our first v Ipswich. May not have played the final ball, but did brilliantly to set up the attack. The jury really isn't out if you can't see other people can be vital in making a goal other than the last two people to touch it. Simplistic Fantasy Football nonsense.

Yeah, yeah. On that basis I've made a number of assists this season by shouting 'Come On U R's' a couple of times before petering out.
26 crosses per game... on 11:24 - Sep 28 with 1751 viewssmegma

26 crosses per game... on 11:00 - Sep 28 by Hunterhoop

1 in 3, I think. There was a spell on Sat where that was his ratio.

It is great we're putting more crosses in; it shows we're attacking more and it is a style of play which the players should clearly be able to understand and execute.

However, if you're going to wing in crosses, you do need someone to head them in. Sylla or Smith should be starting.

1 in 3 ?? Yeah right....
26 crosses per game... on 11:25 - Sep 28 with 1746 viewsDorse

26 crosses per game... on 11:09 - Sep 28 by stevec

Yeah, yeah. On that basis I've made a number of assists this season by shouting 'Come On U R's' a couple of times before petering out.

That was you? Nice work Steve.

26 crosses per game... on 11:27 - Sep 28 with 1743 viewssmegma

26 crosses per game... on 11:25 - Sep 28 by Dorse

That was you? Nice work Steve.

MOTM in fact.
26 crosses per game... on 11:31 - Sep 28 with 1732 viewssimmo

Anybody who watches games live in their entirety see exactly what contributions players make and know it's not just down to who gets the goals. I don't think Scowen has any goals or assists, does that mean the jury is still out? You also pointedly ignore that Luongo has been top of the tackling/interception stats for the whole league in the last few seasons, do they not count as much as the other 'stats'?

It's fine to have doubts about a player, to not rate them and highlight their deficiencies, but by the same token you have to hold your hands up at some point and allow yourself to be proven wrong. Luongo, especially this season, has been excellent and the one game we haven't had him (Burton) it was our worst performance of the season

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

26 crosses per game... on 11:44 - Sep 28 with 1711 viewssmegma

Luongo has had his fair share of critics in the past but no one can criticise him this season surely ??? My biggest criticism in the past has been his lack of consistency, in particular as has been pointed out by most, he takes a while to recover following his exploits with Australia. Also, I'd point out our 'other two' midfielders are at the top of their game at the moment, as is he. His fitness and stamina levels seem to have improved as well.
26 crosses per game... on 12:10 - Sep 28 with 1679 viewsHunterhoop

26 crosses per game... on 11:24 - Sep 28 by smegma

1 in 3 ?? Yeah right....

I was using your definition of "going anywhere near a teammate". I think Bidwell's crossing is very poor and he's bed. Very disappointing in general when in possession since joining us. My view is 100% of crosses should go somewhere near a teammate, otherwise you're just giving away possession without challenging the defence.
26 crosses per game... on 12:19 - Sep 28 with 1650 viewsstevec

26 crosses per game... on 11:31 - Sep 28 by simmo

Anybody who watches games live in their entirety see exactly what contributions players make and know it's not just down to who gets the goals. I don't think Scowen has any goals or assists, does that mean the jury is still out? You also pointedly ignore that Luongo has been top of the tackling/interception stats for the whole league in the last few seasons, do they not count as much as the other 'stats'?

It's fine to have doubts about a player, to not rate them and highlight their deficiencies, but by the same token you have to hold your hands up at some point and allow yourself to be proven wrong. Luongo, especially this season, has been excellent and the one game we haven't had him (Burton) it was our worst performance of the season

I have acknowledged Luongo's contribution on the odd occasion this season.

As Antti pointed out, he started the move for the first Ipswich goal, splendidly controlling the ball in a way not seen since the days of the Harlem Globetrotters.

With the guv'nor behind him, desert rat or whatever we call him, shouting instructions and showing him that pass and move is an option, Freeman teaching him that dribbling and shooting is not punishable by death, who knows, he may one day be mentioned in the same breath by future generations as the Stuart Wardley of his day.
26 crosses per game... on 12:28 - Sep 28 with 1629 viewssimmo

"showing him that pass and move is an option"

Luongo has literally been the best at this in our team for the last few seasons, sometimes the only one seemingly capable of doing it. I'm not lauding him as some box to box hero but your negative biased towards him must stop you seeing a lot of the good that he has done and continues to do.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024