Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
In Jan, where do we need to improve most? 22:41 - Oct 4 with 10640 viewsTonyHongKong

In Jan, where do we need to improve most?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: In Jan, where do we need to improve most?

In Jan, where do we need to improve most? on 22:53 - Oct 4 with 5978 viewsSimonJames

Do you mean "improve" to the point where we make the playoffs? I doubt that will happen.

But generally speaking, we need to score more goals and concede less (big surprise!).
That can probably be achieved with better deliveries in from the wings, and injured backs returning to full fitness quickly.

100% of people who drink water will die.

In Jan, where do we need to improve most? on 23:07 - Oct 4 with 5964 viewsNorthernr

Unless they can sell there will be minimal incomings. My bet is they get a French deal for Yeni and use the money on a couple of loans or something like that.

Every time I hear QPR fans talking about who we should sign, or should have signed, in the next or past transfer window I find it very frustrating. We cannot spend any more money, we're already up to our necks in FFP, the squad is already one of the biggest in the league, there is no money. There's no money.

I just cannot understand why people are failing to grasp this. People blaming Ferdinand or Holloway or JFH. There's. No. Money.

This post has been edited by an administrator
In Jan, where do we need to improve most? on 23:33 - Oct 4 with 5935 viewskensalriser

Flawed poll. Please add 'all of the above' under New Goalkeeper.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

In Jan, where do we need to improve most? on 03:28 - Oct 5 with 5880 viewsPlanetHonneywood

In Jan, where do we need to improve most? on 23:07 - Oct 4 by Northernr

Unless they can sell there will be minimal incomings. My bet is they get a French deal for Yeni and use the money on a couple of loans or something like that.

Every time I hear QPR fans talking about who we should sign, or should have signed, in the next or past transfer window I find it very frustrating. We cannot spend any more money, we're already up to our necks in FFP, the squad is already one of the biggest in the league, there is no money. There's no money.

I just cannot understand why people are failing to grasp this. People blaming Ferdinand or Holloway or JFH. There's. No. Money.

So what you’re saying, is that we’re not going to be spending big in January; just two or three signings and a couple of loans to keep us in the PO hunt.

In that case, maybe a couple of wingers - we’re woefully short in that department - and we’ve not really replaced Henry if we’re being honest!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

In Jan, where do we need to improve most? on 07:51 - Oct 5 with 5825 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Naturally, I agree with all of this.

Even if it wasn't for FFP, I think I would still want us to stay away from the panic-shopping that is January and continue to coach and develop our players.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

In Jan, where do we need to improve most? on 07:57 - Oct 5 with 5809 viewsPunteR

We have 6 strikers that dont score many goals so i would hazard a guess at improving that area of the pitch.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

In Jan, where do we need to improve most? on 08:01 - Oct 5 with 5802 viewsBrianMcCarthy

In Jan, where do we need to improve most? on 07:57 - Oct 5 by PunteR

We have 6 strikers that dont score many goals so i would hazard a guess at improving that area of the pitch.

It does look very bumpy.

In Jan, where do we need to improve most? on 08:46 - Oct 5 with 5743 viewsCroydonCaptJack

So what are you saying Clive ;)
Login to get fewer ads

In Jan, where do we need to improve most? on 08:46 - Oct 5 with 5742 viewsPlanetHonneywood

In Jan, where do we need to improve most? on 07:51 - Oct 5 by BrianMcCarthy

Naturally, I agree with all of this.

Even if it wasn't for FFP, I think I would still want us to stay away from the panic-shopping that is January and continue to coach and develop our players.

At least buy some players to keep the admin team in top-top condition for the summer splurge? Don't want them going rusty and not filing the correct paperwork on time do we.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

In Jan, where do we need to improve most? on 08:48 - Oct 5 with 5740 viewsPunteR

In Jan, where do we need to improve most? on 08:01 - Oct 5 by BrianMcCarthy

It does look very bumpy.

Ha.. might be cheaper. Maybe the groundsman could slope it a bit more towards the goal..

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

In Jan, where do we need to improve most? on 08:50 - Oct 5 with 5736 viewsBushRanger82

Perhaps, if we didn't have so many multi-millionaires and one, perhaps even two, billionaires knocking around the boardroom, people would understand the current situation more, but I doubt it.
Seems very illogical to me, that despite having such accumulated wealth in our boardroom, we seem to be no better off for it than a club like Brentford, who really can in all honesty claim they haven't a pot to piss in.
In Jan, where do we need to improve most? on 08:55 - Oct 5 with 5723 viewsBrianMcCarthy

In Jan, where do we need to improve most? on 08:48 - Oct 5 by PunteR

Ha.. might be cheaper. Maybe the groundsman could slope it a bit more towards the goal..

And a Yeovil slope?

In Jan, where do we need to improve most? on 09:35 - Oct 5 with 5677 viewsNorthernr

In Jan, where do we need to improve most? on 08:50 - Oct 5 by BushRanger82

Perhaps, if we didn't have so many multi-millionaires and one, perhaps even two, billionaires knocking around the boardroom, people would understand the current situation more, but I doubt it.
Seems very illogical to me, that despite having such accumulated wealth in our boardroom, we seem to be no better off for it than a club like Brentford, who really can in all honesty claim they haven't a pot to piss in.

Ok, once more, for the people at the back.

The wealth in the boardroom is completely irrelevant because of the FFP rules. We could have the five richest kings of Europe in there, would make no difference.

We've breached the rules once and we await punishment for that.

The new rules only allow you to lose £39m over three seasons. In season one back at this level (Chris Ramsey season) we lost £11m - that despite having the largest parachute payment (£24m), the money from Charlie Austin (£4m) and the money from Raheem Sterling (£10m).

That means across season two (JFH manager) and season three (Holloway manager) we can only lose another £28m. We have no Charlie Austin money in those two seasons. We have no Raheem Sterling money in those two seasons. The parachute payment in season two dropped to £19.3m and in season three it's only £9.6m.

We are still carrying the biggest squad in the league. We are still carrying earners like Caulker, Onuoha, Robinson etc.

The club costs £9m to run before a wage is paid (maintenance of Loftus Road, policing, drainage, rent of two training grounds, rent of the dome at Cranford) and the season ticket revenue is £5.6m so we're £3.4m down each season before we've paid a single wage to anybody.

Breach FFP (again) and it will be a complete transfer embargo until the squad has been gutted to such an extent that it does qualify - you may remember Blackburn went from having a team with Rudy Gestede, Jordan Rhodes and Tom Cairney in it to one getting relegated to League One with Danny Graham up front. That's what it will look like here. Look at Bolton. Even the dregs of talent we have here now - Scowen, Luongo, Freeman - would all be gone, all of it sold off way cheaper than it's actually worth.

People need to get their heads around this double lively. It's not fcking illogical at all, it's there in black and white in the rules of the league.

Or, you know, blame Holloway, blame Ferdinand, abuse Fernandes on Twitter, demand we sign a striker in a market where one Sam Winnall will cost you £8m.

In Jan, where do we need to improve most? on 09:38 - Oct 5 with 5668 viewsJeff

but what about the Josh bowler money?

Can we not knock it?

In Jan, where do we need to improve most? on 09:38 - Oct 5 with 5662 viewsNorthernr

In Jan, where do we need to improve most? on 09:38 - Oct 5 by Jeff

but what about the Josh bowler money?

You can fck off as well.
In Jan, where do we need to improve most? on 09:42 - Oct 5 with 5649 viewsenfieldargh

In Jan, where do we need to improve most? on 08:46 - Oct 5 by CroydonCaptJack

So what are you saying Clive ;)

its obvious too many poles

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

In Jan, where do we need to improve most? on 09:48 - Oct 5 with 5638 viewsRs_Holy

In Jan, where do we need to improve most? on 09:35 - Oct 5 by Northernr

Ok, once more, for the people at the back.

The wealth in the boardroom is completely irrelevant because of the FFP rules. We could have the five richest kings of Europe in there, would make no difference.

We've breached the rules once and we await punishment for that.

The new rules only allow you to lose £39m over three seasons. In season one back at this level (Chris Ramsey season) we lost £11m - that despite having the largest parachute payment (£24m), the money from Charlie Austin (£4m) and the money from Raheem Sterling (£10m).

That means across season two (JFH manager) and season three (Holloway manager) we can only lose another £28m. We have no Charlie Austin money in those two seasons. We have no Raheem Sterling money in those two seasons. The parachute payment in season two dropped to £19.3m and in season three it's only £9.6m.

We are still carrying the biggest squad in the league. We are still carrying earners like Caulker, Onuoha, Robinson etc.

The club costs £9m to run before a wage is paid (maintenance of Loftus Road, policing, drainage, rent of two training grounds, rent of the dome at Cranford) and the season ticket revenue is £5.6m so we're £3.4m down each season before we've paid a single wage to anybody.

Breach FFP (again) and it will be a complete transfer embargo until the squad has been gutted to such an extent that it does qualify - you may remember Blackburn went from having a team with Rudy Gestede, Jordan Rhodes and Tom Cairney in it to one getting relegated to League One with Danny Graham up front. That's what it will look like here. Look at Bolton. Even the dregs of talent we have here now - Scowen, Luongo, Freeman - would all be gone, all of it sold off way cheaper than it's actually worth.

People need to get their heads around this double lively. It's not fcking illogical at all, it's there in black and white in the rules of the league.

Or, you know, blame Holloway, blame Ferdinand, abuse Fernandes on Twitter, demand we sign a striker in a market where one Sam Winnall will cost you £8m.

One teeny weeny little striker??? .... please, please, please... I'll be your best friend???
In Jan, where do we need to improve most? on 09:51 - Oct 5 with 5634 viewsNorthernr

In Jan, where do we need to improve most? on 09:48 - Oct 5 by Rs_Holy

One teeny weeny little striker??? .... please, please, please... I'll be your best friend???

Reduce the squad by at least 12 players, shift Onuoha, Caulker and Robinsons wages off the books, find a League Two striker who's mysteriously been overlooked by everybody else who we can get for £1m or less and will score regularly in the Championship and we'll think about it.
In Jan, where do we need to improve most? on 10:12 - Oct 5 with 5604 viewsJeff

In Jan, where do we need to improve most? on 09:51 - Oct 5 by Northernr

Reduce the squad by at least 12 players, shift Onuoha, Caulker and Robinsons wages off the books, find a League Two striker who's mysteriously been overlooked by everybody else who we can get for £1m or less and will score regularly in the Championship and we'll think about it.

Can we not knock it?

In Jan, where do we need to improve most? on 10:13 - Oct 5 with 5600 viewsWatford_Ranger

Someone in France will give us £1m for Yeni probably, maybe, hopefully.

I don't mind Lua Lua but don't see the benefit of having him here when we have Wheeler & Bright now. Guessing we are contractually obligated to him though until May now.
In Jan, where do we need to improve most? on 10:19 - Oct 5 with 5592 viewsNorthernr

In Jan, where do we need to improve most? on 10:13 - Oct 5 by Watford_Ranger

Someone in France will give us £1m for Yeni probably, maybe, hopefully.

I don't mind Lua Lua but don't see the benefit of having him here when we have Wheeler & Bright now. Guessing we are contractually obligated to him though until May now.

Agree, don't see the attraction or point of LuaLua at all.
And agree I think they'll get some money for Yeni in January and it will create a bit of wiggle room, but not much.
In Jan, where do we need to improve most? on 10:22 - Oct 5 with 5585 viewsdaveB

That did my head in on this weeks podcast.

Calling for more players one minute then the next moaning the squad is too big. Peoples inability to grasp the situation we're in is incredible
In Jan, where do we need to improve most? on 10:28 - Oct 5 with 5570 viewsRoller

Just for the sake of completeness.....

that the revised FFP regulations state that a Championship club is not allowed to lose more than £39 million over a rolling 3-year period with the third year being based on a projected figure for the current season assuming that the owners are prepared to inject equity to cover the losses - only £15 million if they are not.
In Jan, where do we need to improve most? on 10:30 - Oct 5 with 5564 viewsWatford_Ranger

In Jan, where do we need to improve most? on 10:19 - Oct 5 by Northernr

Agree, don't see the attraction or point of LuaLua at all.
And agree I think they'll get some money for Yeni in January and it will create a bit of wiggle room, but not much.

I'd be surprised if we hold on to all the three amigos in midfield and Smithies, who again is looking better than plenty of Prem keepers IMO. I'd have thought Luongo's stock is far higher outside the club than inside.

I don't expect that we'd reinvest it into the first team given the financial situation you've outlined, but sadly don't think we are in a position to turn down serious money for players we've paid little for.
In Jan, where do we need to improve most? on 10:39 - Oct 5 with 5542 viewsstevec

I don't buy into this idea that we have to break the bank to find something a bit better than Washington or Sylla.

This is what happens when you set your benchmark at League One and its foreign equivalents. We are slowly recovering (I think) from a season and a half of this approach.

The introduction of Scowen and Freeman, both proven Championship players, has made a huge difference to midfield at little cost. Baptiste, another proven at this level, can clearly do a job. Again, cost fck all.

In fact, there are a set of players who you know will always go on the pitch looking like they belong at this level - Scowen, Freeman, Baptiste, Bidwell, Onuoha, Hall, Smithies and the common denominator is they were all proven at Championship or came from a higher level.

Where the team struggles is with the up and down level of the likes of Washington, Sylla, Furlong, Pavel who I do like a lot and, I'm sorry to say Luongo. The latter has been a lot better lately but 2 fckin years? Come on. All of these players are very good on their day, but it's the other days, the days where you may as well be playing with 8 - 10 men that we suffer. This is the stuff that puts managers heads on the line, not knowing which player will turn up.

I'd stick with Pavel and Luongo, their good days are good. But Washington and Sylla, just replace them with players who have proved themselves in the Championship, they don't even need to be prolific, just come out looking like the 7 I mentioned and naturally assume they are going to boss it on the pitch, whether they have an off day or not.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024