Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
non QPR: Boiler advice 13:39 - Oct 5 with 1799 views1MoreBrightonR

The boiler has gone and the plumber has recommended a Ideal logic 30kw condensing combination boiler. The brand has some dodgy feedback but he says this particular boiler is great for the money and a few plumbers online say the same, though as always there are some individual horror stories. comes with a 7 year warranty.

Anyone had any experience?

non QPR: Boiler advice on 13:49 - Oct 5 with 1781 viewskensalriser

Was your old boiler a combi?

Poll: Come on then, let's have it.

non QPR: Boiler advice on 14:08 - Oct 5 with 1754 views1MoreBrightonR

yeah it was.

non QPR: Boiler advice on 15:07 - Oct 5 with 1696 viewsessextaxiboy

I have an Ideal combi boiler and every service the British Gas engineer tells me they are trouble . We have had a few repairs but its still going (9yrs)but I am prepared for the worst .Worcester and Vailant are the quality options I am told ...

non QPR: Boiler advice on 15:53 - Oct 5 with 1667 viewsEsox_Lucius

We swapped out an eight year old Glo Worm combi boiler as it had become unreliable and kept losing pressure before eventually having the motherboard pack up. We looked around and spoke to a number of plumbers and heating engineers and they all said the same thing, get a Vaillant or Worcester so we ended up with a Vaillant eco Tech slightly more powerful than we actually needed so it doesn't work flat out ever. We have had it six years now and not a bit of trouble, all we have ever had to do was top up the water pressure (2 little taps under the body of the boiler) just over 2 years ago and that is it. Nothing but praise for it.

The grass is always greener.

non QPR: Boiler advice on 16:12 - Oct 5 with 1656 viewskensalriser

Vaillant is the way to go.

Poll: Come on then, let's have it.

non QPR: Boiler advice on 16:28 - Oct 5 with 1640 viewsHarbour

Worcester both good what ever you do do not get a Kenton they are terrible boilers
non QPR: Boiler advice on 16:29 - Oct 5 with 1633 viewsHarbour

non QPR: Boiler advice on 16:28 - Oct 5 by Harbour

Worcester both good what ever you do do not get a Kenton they are terrible boilers

Keston I meant

non QPR: Boiler advice on 16:36 - Oct 5 with 1626 viewshubble

Had a Worcester Bosch condenser for about 7 years now and it's been excellent. Efficient, quiet, economical.

I hope that doesn't put the kiss of death on it!
Login to get fewer ads

non QPR: Boiler advice on 16:39 - Oct 5 with 1618 viewssimmo

Great quality boiler chat lads. Proper man topic, none of this feelings nonsense.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

non QPR: Boiler advice on 18:17 - Oct 5 with 1540 viewsLblock

The first question is - how big is your house?

With a 30 you're talking maximum 3 bed house with one bathroom.
Going up a couple of Kw's should only set you back an extra £200.00 odd but it gives you ar greater capacity
I went 39Kw at our house just to ensure decent capacity of HW flow in the winter - got one bathroom, one ensuite and just added a downstairs khazi so glad I did

Ideal are fine in my book - can't recall the name of the manufacturer where Ideal is basically the same as but it's a surprise.

Worcestor Greenstar's are over-rated in my book and Valliant are considered the top of the range but at the end of the day you're relaint on factory build quality.
Go for the longest warranty and also consider (if they're still doing it) British Gas 5 or 3 star cover.

Here for a good time..... not a long time

non QPR: Boiler advice on 18:24 - Oct 5 with 1533 viewsWestbourneR

Get a Valliant.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

non QPR: Boiler advice on 19:28 - Oct 5 with 1483 viewshubble

Strange people recommending Vaillant, everyone I've ever known with a Vaillant has had problems with it.

non QPR: Boiler advice on 16:34 - Oct 6 with 1306 views1MoreBrightonR

2 bedroom house so dont need anything too powerful. Plumber has also recommended a Worcester that gets amazing feedback online (Which bester etc). its a few hundred more but probabky going with that.
non QPR: Boiler advice on 16:46 - Oct 6 with 1294 viewsLblock

non QPR: Boiler advice on 16:34 - Oct 6 by 1MoreBrightonR

2 bedroom house so dont need anything too powerful. Plumber has also recommended a Worcester that gets amazing feedback online (Which bester etc). its a few hundred more but probabky going with that.

Worcestor were doing 10 year warranty with Approved Installers a while back I think - ask!

If you're a two bed mid terrace then I'd say 28Kw is ample

You'll also be recommended a magna clean etc, etc, etc. Some people swear by all the add on's. I just go for a good service each year of the boiler (not the wife)

Do check your dimensions of current boiler versus the replacement, especially if it's in a cupboard plus another consideration is flue routes

I'd also get it done asap. In two weeks time Gas Engineers are going to be flat out and charging a bit more !!

Here for a good time..... not a long time

non QPR: Boiler advice on 16:49 - Oct 6 with 1294 viewsBrightonhoop

non QPR: Boiler advice on 19:28 - Oct 5 by hubble

Strange people recommending Vaillant, everyone I've ever known with a Vaillant has had problems with it.

Had a new Vaillant for years, never let us down. Easy to top the water pressure up to using the metal flexible hose when the dial says it's getting low. Worth getting one for over capacity as suggested above so it's not working flat out all the time.
non QPR: Boiler advice on 17:15 - Oct 6 with 1279 views1MoreBrightonR

non QPR: Boiler advice on 16:46 - Oct 6 by Lblock

Worcestor were doing 10 year warranty with Approved Installers a while back I think - ask!

If you're a two bed mid terrace then I'd say 28Kw is ample

You'll also be recommended a magna clean etc, etc, etc. Some people swear by all the add on's. I just go for a good service each year of the boiler (not the wife)

Do check your dimensions of current boiler versus the replacement, especially if it's in a cupboard plus another consideration is flue routes

I'd also get it done asap. In two weeks time Gas Engineers are going to be flat out and charging a bit more !!

He already is flat out...soonest he can install it is in 2 weeks! going away for a few days thankfully but even still, going to be a long few weeks.

Its a 5 year warranty now which is a shame as the Ideal one is longer.

non QPR: Boiler advice on 18:50 - Oct 6 with 1246 viewsFredManRave

Shame Rooney doesn't post on here. He's had some experience with a few boilers in his time...

I've got the Power.
Poll: Reuniting LFWs Who do you want to win the F.A.Cup Poll?!

non QPR: Boiler advice on 19:22 - Oct 6 with 1231 viewsBrianMcCarthy

non QPR: Boiler advice on 18:50 - Oct 6 by FredManRave

Shame Rooney doesn't post on here. He's had some experience with a few boilers in his time...

There it is!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2020