Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR launch club's first LGBT group 16:53 - Oct 6 with 10773 viewsBrianMcCarthy

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/community-news/qpr-launch-lgbt-group/

Would be nice if we lived in a world where LGBT didn't need special support and weren't discriminated against but until then this is another great move by our club. Never hurts to listen, learn and chat and if this facilitates that then it can only be a good thing.

Well done our club!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

QPR launch club's first LGBT group on 17:00 - Oct 6 with 4870 viewsrobith

good news imo
QPR launch club's first LGBT group on 17:12 - Oct 6 with 4851 viewsPunteR

Whats this for? I dont get it.
Do we start a hetrosexual group as well..?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

QPR launch club's first LGBT group on 17:35 - Oct 6 with 4809 viewsrunningman75

QPR launch club's first LGBT group on 17:12 - Oct 6 by PunteR

Judging by homophobic chants and neanderthal attitudes it is a positive step. I chose QPR as a teenager as Chelsea had a lot of racism and was people were selling NF magazines outside. Racism and fascism has been challenged and if we can make football supporting a more positive experience for all then can open our fan base up to people.
QPR launch club's first LGBT group on 17:37 - Oct 6 with 4808 viewsLblock

Notting Hill VIllage People

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

QPR launch club's first LGBT group on 17:40 - Oct 6 with 4800 viewsSharpy36

QPR launch club's first LGBT group on 17:35 - Oct 6 by runningman75

Judging by homophobic chants and neanderthal attitudes it is a positive step. I chose QPR as a teenager as Chelsea had a lot of racism and was people were selling NF magazines outside. Racism and fascism has been challenged and if we can make football supporting a more positive experience for all then can open our fan base up to people.

Do you seriously believe we have a problem at QPR with homophobia that warrants having a discussion group ?

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

QPR launch club's first LGBT group on 17:46 - Oct 6 with 4781 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I do anyway. The chants at one Brighton game I went to were disgusting. If I was gay and in the crowd I'd feel very isolated and in a sport and society where gay people take their own lives letting some of our supporters know we're listening can only be good.

QPR launch club's first LGBT group on 17:55 - Oct 6 with 4767 viewsNorthernr

QPR launch club's first LGBT group on 17:40 - Oct 6 by Sharpy36

Do you seriously believe we have a problem at QPR with homophobia that warrants having a discussion group ?

On the QPR specifically point, let's not pretend our supporters are whiter than white. We've all sat there and heard QPR fans in the recent past signing Drogba's got Aids, Mourinho is gay and Loic Remy sits in a fcking tree.
QPR launch club's first LGBT group on 17:57 - Oct 6 with 4766 viewsSharpy36

"Stand up cause you can`t sit down" is the worst i have ever heard at a Brighton game.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Login to get fewer ads

QPR launch club's first LGBT group on 18:03 - Oct 6 with 4757 viewsSharpy36

We have also sung about John terry`s mum being a whore twice a season. Wheres the group defending her plight.

QPR launch club's first LGBT group on 18:16 - Oct 6 with 4717 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Some strange reactions to a decision that will have zero impact on your lives, but might be a nice thing for others.
QPR launch club's first LGBT group on 18:17 - Oct 6 with 4713 viewsstevec

I'm confused. Is it some kind of sandwich?
QPR launch club's first LGBT group on 18:25 - Oct 6 with 4688 viewsLblock

QPR launch club's first LGBT group on 18:17 - Oct 6 by stevec

That can be arranged if that’s your thing

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

QPR launch club's first LGBT group on 18:40 - Oct 6 with 4661 viewsFredManRave

I miss DISCO.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

QPR launch club's first LGBT group on 19:41 - Oct 6 with 4613 viewsDorse

QPR launch club's first LGBT group on 18:03 - Oct 6 by Sharpy36

We have also sung about John terry`s mum being a whore twice a season. Wheres the group defending her plight.

I feel sorry for the poor woman. It's degrading enough to be paid to have sex on camera without being linked to John Terry.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

QPR launch club's first LGBT group on 19:54 - Oct 6 with 4592 viewsHarbour

QPR launch club's first LGBT group on 17:46 - Oct 6 by BrianMcCarthy

I do anyway. The chants at one Brighton game I went to were disgusting. If I was gay and in the crowd I'd feel very isolated and in a sport and society where gay people take their own lives letting some of our supporters know we're listening can only be good.

Yes I heard that at the Brighton game.Well done the club once again doing the right thing.
QPR launch club's first LGBT group on 19:58 - Oct 6 with 4586 viewsBoston

QPR launch club's first LGBT group on 17:35 - Oct 6 by runningman75

What age are you, or to be more precise, when did you start following the Rangers?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

QPR launch club's first LGBT group on 19:58 - Oct 6 with 4587 viewsNorthernr

QPR launch club's first LGBT group on 18:16 - Oct 6 by BazzaInTheLoft

Some strange reactions to a decision that will have zero impact on your lives, but might be a nice thing for others.

Is the correct answer.
QPR launch club's first LGBT group on 20:31 - Oct 6 with 4523 views1BobbyHazell

QPR launch club's first LGBT group on 18:03 - Oct 6 by Sharpy36

Here's the founder. Seems he's prepared to pay top rate.

QPR launch club's first LGBT group on 20:47 - Oct 6 with 4494 viewscolinallcars

QPR launch club's first LGBT group on 18:17 - Oct 6 by stevec

Or an MGB GT sports car !
QPR launch club's first LGBT group on 21:06 - Oct 6 with 4457 viewsBrightonhoop

QPR launch club's first LGBT group on 17:12 - Oct 6 by PunteR

I used to find the banter funny, 'we can see you holding hands' an Albion retorting 'youre too ugly to be gay.' Until I realised neanderthals in Albion support were going out after games and nearly beating gay people to death 'for bringing shame on the Albion.' Life changing injuries....
Go figure.
QPR launch club's first LGBT group on 22:01 - Oct 6 with 4393 viewsMrSheen

QPR launch club's first LGBT group on 19:58 - Oct 6 by Boston

What age are you, or to be more precise, when did you start following the Rangers?

About 1980 I imagine. I remember seeing a little bloke in a leather coat selling NF news in front of the entrance to the Shed, protected by an enormous skinhead. Actually Charlton seemed to have NF paper sellers everywhere then.
QPR launch club's first LGBT group on 22:06 - Oct 6 with 4388 viewsPunteR

QPR launch club's first LGBT group on 18:16 - Oct 6 by BazzaInTheLoft

Not a strange reaction at all. Just wondering how this benefits someone who's gay. What does this group do..?
I expect gay people that go to football just want to watch a game of football and not get some sort of special treatment because they're gay.
I could be wrong though of course.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

QPR launch club's first LGBT group on 22:09 - Oct 6 with 4380 viewsSharpy36

QPR launch club's first LGBT group on 21:06 - Oct 6 by Brightonhoop

I used to find the banter funny, 'we can see you holding hands' an Albion retorting 'youre too ugly to be gay.' Until I realised neanderthals in Albion support were going out after games and nearly beating gay people to death 'for bringing shame on the Albion.' Life changing injuries....
Go figure.

Wholeheartedly agree Brighton and being beaten black and blue for your sexual preference, skin color or religious beliefs should be confined to the history books. But my concern is other sections of society that are not given a platform for dialogue within sport/media. Like wheel chair users, stroke survivors, gingers, that sort of thing.

QPR launch club's first LGBT group (n/t) on 22:23 - Oct 6 with 4344 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

QPR launch club's first LGBT group on 22:06 - Oct 6 by PunteR

Not a strange reaction at all. Just wondering how this benefits someone who's gay. What does this group do..?
I expect gay people that go to football just want to watch a game of football and not get some sort of special treatment because they're gay.
I could be wrong though of course.

[Post edited 6 Oct 2017 22:28]
QPR launch club's first LGBT group on 22:48 - Oct 6 with 4307 viewsBrianMcCarthy

QPR launch club's first LGBT group on 22:09 - Oct 6 by Sharpy36

Wholeheartedly agree Brighton and being beaten black and blue for your sexual preference, skin color or religious beliefs should be confined to the history books. But my concern is other sections of society that are not given a platform for dialogue within sport/media. Like wheel chair users, stroke survivors, gingers, that sort of thing.

To be honest, I don't think this is exclusion. I think it is inclusion.

I think of it as an extension of our caring and listening attitude to people who mightn't get a voice or an ear such as the Tiger Cubs.

If anyone feels excluded by the inclusion of others then we have a failure to communicate, as Cool Hand Luke would have it.

edit - sp. check.
[Post edited 6 Oct 2017 22:54]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024