Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Strachan on genetics 12:45 - Oct 9 with 5726 viewssimmo

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41546717

"Genetically, we are behind," said Strachan. "In the last campaign we were the second smallest, apart from Spain.

"Maybe we get big women and men together and see what we can do."

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Strachan on genetics on 12:48 - Oct 9 with 3944 viewsBoston

Maybe you'd feel better about yourselves if you weren't playing in pink?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Strachan on genetics on 13:10 - Oct 9 with 3893 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ya, maybe you could breed huge players. Like Messi. Or Xavi. Or Iniesta.

What a bellend Strachan is!
[Post edited 9 Oct 2017 14:09]

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Strachan on genetics on 13:24 - Oct 9 with 3849 viewsbosh67

To be honest the second half of their campaign wasn't that bad. Personally think they should stick with him because although he is totally nuts they do seem to have a bit of togetherness.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Strachan on genetics on 13:30 - Oct 9 with 3837 viewsTacticalR

Genetic engineering at a secret facility at Faslane seems the only way forward for Scottish football.

Air hostess clique

Strachan on genetics on 13:34 - Oct 9 with 3811 viewsBoston

Strachan on genetics on 13:24 - Oct 9 by bosh67

To be honest the second half of their campaign wasn't that bad. Personally think they should stick with him because although he is totally nuts they do seem to have a bit of togetherness.

I agree. Presume the squad understand him, but there's times I think he's the Scottish Ollie.

Strachan on genetics on 13:58 - Oct 9 with 3763 views18StoneOfHoop

Strachan on genetics on 13:10 - Oct 9 by BrianMcCarthy

Didn't The Late Not Great Turnip Taylor also talk about taller more athletic scandinavian players we couldn't compete with?

https://thesetpieces.com/features/top-10-moments-hit-90s-documentary-graham-tayl

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Strachan on genetics on 14:09 - Oct 9 with 3743 viewspaulparker

the man thinks he is a comedian but infact he is a tvvat of the highest order oh and a terrible football manager,
funny how wales, Eire and Northern Ireland can perform but he cant with arguably more depth in the squad

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Strachan on genetics on 14:59 - Oct 9 with 3663 views18StoneOfHoop

Strachan on genetics on 14:09 - Oct 9 by paulparker

the man thinks he is a comedian but infact he is a tvvat of the highest order oh and a terrible football manager,
funny how wales, Eire and Northern Ireland can perform but he cant with arguably more depth in the squad

Great football enthusiast,amusing original daffy co-commentator,absolutely brilliant sensational perpetual movement midfielder.
Unsurprisingly we completely disagree once again pp

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Login to get fewer ads

Strachan on genetics on 16:15 - Oct 9 with 3600 viewsderbyhoop

I love his sense of humour.
It can't be easy being the Scotland manager with a limited pool of talent. But Wales and Northern Ireland seem to do OK with an even smaller group from which to select.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Strachan on genetics on 16:53 - Oct 9 with 3565 viewscolinallcars

It's a shame.....there was a time when many/most teams would have a tricky little Scottish winger and a hard-as-nails, tough-as-teak Scottish midfielder. Of course they were the days when, if England needed a fast bowler they would holler down a pitshaft and one would appear.
Strachan on genetics on 18:49 - Oct 9 with 3477 viewsFredManRave

Strachan on genetics on 13:10 - Oct 9 by BrianMcCarthy

Yes but at least he's only a small bellend.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Strachan on genetics on 19:11 - Oct 9 with 3454 viewskarl

I did mention the lack of powerful athletes in Scotland and Lblock rightly pointed out that it would be good to see a team playing to the strengths of a team of smaller leaner players. We have sadly neglected the skill level required for that type of team so whilst bemoaning the lack of powerful players we've pretty much styled our game around them!
For what its worth I think we do have good enough players to get to the playoff stages but unfortunately Strachan has been too timid and won't rotate some of the, particularly older, players. He took ages to finally start Griffiths and ultimately that will have cost us, 1-1 v Lithuania and he only gave him 7-8 mins at the end.
Last year we drew with them on my birthday and this year we go out against Slovenia, happy birthday i'm sure Strachan you a#se
Strachan on genetics on 06:56 - Oct 10 with 3275 viewsdistortR

Strachan on genetics on 19:11 - Oct 9 by karl

I did mention the lack of powerful athletes in Scotland and Lblock rightly pointed out that it would be good to see a team playing to the strengths of a team of smaller leaner players. We have sadly neglected the skill level required for that type of team so whilst bemoaning the lack of powerful players we've pretty much styled our game around them!
For what its worth I think we do have good enough players to get to the playoff stages but unfortunately Strachan has been too timid and won't rotate some of the, particularly older, players. He took ages to finally start Griffiths and ultimately that will have cost us, 1-1 v Lithuania and he only gave him 7-8 mins at the end.
Last year we drew with them on my birthday and this year we go out against Slovenia, happy birthday i'm sure Strachan you a#se

I knew a woman who moved up to Scotland, told me that the Scottish just couldn't compare to the English when it came to size......
Strachan on genetics on 20:14 - Oct 12 with 3086 viewsTacticalR

Farewell then, Gordon Strachan. It looks like those philistines at the Scottish FA have no appreciation of your visionary eugenic schemes for Scottish football.

Air hostess clique

Strachan on genetics on 21:43 - Oct 12 with 3034 viewskarl

Strachan on genetics on 06:56 - Oct 10 by distortR

I knew a woman who moved up to Scotland, told me that the Scottish just couldn't compare to the English when it came to size......

How dare you, she insisted on al fresco, there was a search party involved.
Strachan on genetics on 21:47 - Oct 12 with 3033 viewsNorthernr

Strachan on genetics on 20:14 - Oct 12 by TacticalR

Farewell then, Gordon Strachan. It looks like those philistines at the Scottish FA have no appreciation of your visionary eugenic schemes for Scottish football.

I can't wait to see who they replace him with. McLeish has been gagging for a job for ages. Would Moyes torture himself to this extent?
Strachan on genetics on 22:09 - Oct 12 with 3012 viewsMrSheen

Strachan on genetics on 21:47 - Oct 12 by Northernr

I can't wait to see who they replace him with. McLeish has been gagging for a job for ages. Would Moyes torture himself to this extent?

Strachan on genetics on 22:18 - Oct 12 with 3000 viewsbob566

Strachan on genetics on 21:47 - Oct 12 by Northernr

they'll go for the norn iron manager I reckon. Still lives in Scotland
Strachan on genetics on 22:30 - Oct 12 with 2991 viewsNorthernr

Strachan on genetics on 22:18 - Oct 12 by bob566

they'll go for the norn iron manager I reckon. Still lives in Scotland

Way too sensible surely? And why would he?
Strachan on genetics on 23:30 - Oct 12 with 2944 viewsted_hendrix

Although they may be a bit too tall for the Scottish players I reckon one of the Knights who say 'Ni' could replace Strachan as Scotland's next Manager.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Strachan on genetics on 00:05 - Oct 13 with 2920 viewskarl

Strachan on genetics on 22:30 - Oct 12 by Northernr

Way too sensible surely? And why would he?

He's on record as saying he prefers International management and along with the probability/possibility that we can pay more then I would say that's our reason for going for him, he does still live in Edinburgh and played most of his career in Scotland so there is a connection.
I wouldn't be against him and not really keen on going back to McLeish but the one being talked about a lot in press is Big Sam and that's interesting as you wonder whether its a 'planted' story to see what the public feel for him is? Apparently his parents are Scottish so that's alright then!
Strachan on genetics on 00:55 - Oct 13 with 2898 viewsBoston

Strachan on genetics on 06:56 - Oct 10 by distortR

Are there no black people in Scotland then?

Strachan on genetics on 01:02 - Oct 13 with 2894 viewsFredManRave

Strachan on genetics on 00:05 - Oct 13 by karl

He's on record as saying he prefers International management and along with the probability/possibility that we can pay more then I would say that's our reason for going for him, he does still live in Edinburgh and played most of his career in Scotland so there is a connection.
I wouldn't be against him and not really keen on going back to McLeish but the one being talked about a lot in press is Big Sam and that's interesting as you wonder whether its a 'planted' story to see what the public feel for him is? Apparently his parents are Scottish so that's alright then!

Have you sent your CV in Karl or are you considered an up and coming manager so you'll need to bide your time?! Presumably until Scotland fail to qualify for Qatar and sack Big "Jock" Sam.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Strachan on genetics on 01:07 - Oct 13 with 2888 viewsBoston

Strachan on genetics on 00:05 - Oct 13 by karl

Nairn and Dumfries. Which leads me into a story about my mate Terry Langdon, a truck driver who never really paid attention at school, sleeping especially well during English and geography. Imbibing in the Norfolk Arms one evening, I enquired from Terence as to where he'd driven that day....."Dumb Fries"(as in french), was his reply. How we laughed. Yes, he was a Chelsea man.

Strachan on genetics on 01:33 - Oct 13 with 2877 viewskarl

Strachan on genetics on 01:02 - Oct 13 by FredManRave

Have you sent your CV in Karl or are you considered an up and coming manager so you'll need to bide your time?! Presumably until Scotland fail to qualify for Qatar and sack Big "Jock" Sam.

I'm scared I've peaked Fred, big year for me 2018, I'm no spring chicken and couple of bad results will make Strachan look a genius. I'll be very careful that our friendlies are against suitable opposition, see you on Easter Island next year!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024