Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ben Harrington 22:26 - Oct 10 with 21983 viewsLeane88

a very devoted fan of QPR was killed out in Thailand five years ago. His mother has tried to contact the club numerous times but has been unsuccessful. She has set up a petition to try and get the government to look into deaths in Thailand and is struggling getting this campaign of the ground.

Ben Harrington was a season ticket holder along with his brothers Mark and Luke Harrington. He was always at football be it a home game or an away game. He also featured in the 4 year plan. Being the life and soul of every party, Ben loved his family and especially his mum. He would do anything for her. Ben flew out to Thailand for a 2 week holiday with his brother Mark and a friend and never returned home, it was a heart wrenching time for the family. They have set up the page Ben Harrington Repatriation on Facebook and BHRepatriation on Twitter. They have tried to get awareness for people going to Thailand especially Koh Tao also known as 'death island'.

I am asking you please if you can find it in your heart to get behind this petition and share it far and wide. It would mean so much to the family and if something comes of this we know Ben wouldn't of died in vain.

https://www.change.org/p/theresa-may-british-deaths-in-thailand-need-to-be-inves
Ben Harrington on 12:39 - Oct 13 with 4165 viewsMick_S

Ben Harrington on 12:35 - Oct 13 by Leane88

So the BBC have been in contact with us and they're getting behind the petition. This is amazing news. They're talking about campaigning towards the end of the month. We are so grateful for everyone's contribution.
If anyone else wants to sign. It only takes 30 seconds... please keep signing...
Forever grateful.xxx

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Ben Harrington on 13:23 - Oct 13 with 4128 viewsTGRRRSSS

Will sign later on when home (work blocks some things)

I never knew Ben as such but he was a member on here as BennyBoyRs (or something very similar) I remember reading on here about his death, very sad news, unbelievable that its five years already.

As an aside with Fernandes and co and Air ASia maybe not want to get involved in something in critiscism of a country in which they operate business wise?

It would be seen as Air Asia you would think from the Thais POV and many part of Asia have the "face" thing which is more prevalent than in Western countries.
Ben Harrington on 14:06 - Oct 13 with 4097 viewspaulparker

Didn't know the fella, but knew his face like I do many going home and away down the years , terrible tragedy really
as a separate issue why not induct him into the forever Rs club , let his family have a day on the pitch , id rather see someone like him a lifelong fan than the likes of Lee Harper , Peter Ramage but there you go

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Ben Harrington on 17:56 - Oct 13 with 4007 viewsted_hendrix

Belatedly done.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Ben Harrington on 20:39 - Oct 13 with 3868 viewsRoller

My mod mate is away at the moment, so I've cut and paste your post on to Not606 myself. Hopefully you get a few more signatures from that, while she sorts out your log in.
Ben Harrington on 08:53 - Oct 14 with 3853 viewsTGRRRSSS

Signed
Ben Harrington on 10:23 - Oct 14 with 3826 viewscollegeranger

signed
Ben Harrington on 15:34 - Oct 14 with 3753 viewsqprbeth

Ben Harrington on 21:21 - Oct 12 by Leane88

I've tried to. I've signed up to QPR606, WeAreTheRangersBoys and IndyR’s... but waiting for QPR606 and IndyR's to authorise my account. Any more that you can tell me of? Would really appreciate it. Thank you so much for your support

Hi Leane. Not606 is a bit of a problem with the servers and signing up, I have contacted the mods...With your permission...shall I put this up on Not 606 ...using your original post as the leader
EDIT: Roller has put this up on our board...I hope you get loads more sigs and justice for Ben
QPRBeth mod Not606
[Post edited 14 Oct 2017 16:14]
Login to get fewer ads

Ben Harrington on 17:50 - Oct 14 with 3706 viewsLeane88

Thank you thank you thank you
Can't thank you enough for.your support
Ben Harrington on 19:38 - Oct 15 with 3534 viewsLeane88

Since I started this we have got 600 signatures for you lovely people.
Thank you so much for the support.
Still a long way to go.... But slowly getting there.
Please please please it only takes 30 seconds, if you haven't done so please sign and share
Ben Harrington (n/t) on 08:49 - Oct 16 with 3445 viewsmakaveli1882

Ben Harrington on 19:38 - Oct 15 by Leane88

Since I started this we have got 600 signatures for you lovely people.
Thank you so much for the support.
Still a long way to go.... But slowly getting there.
Please please please it only takes 30 seconds, if you haven't done so please sign and share

Ben Harrington on 14:26 - Oct 16 with 3363 viewsBlue_Castello

Done , think the Lonely Planet was an excellent suggestion, hopefully you will get enough signatures to generate a proper investigations.
Ben Harrington on 13:30 - Oct 18 with 3126 viewsCamberleyR

Signed.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Ben Harrington on 22:07 - Oct 18 with 3063 viewsLblock

80 names needed to hit 5,000

Come on people - get your wives, girlfriends, (you can tell them both seperately), brothers, cousins and neighbours to sign this

I'd hope it can be pushed well beyond it's target

Good luck

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Ben Harrington on 16:18 - Oct 19 with 2948 viewsLeane88

Ben Harrington on 22:07 - Oct 18 by Lblock

80 names needed to hit 5,000

Come on people - get your wives, girlfriends, (you can tell them both seperately), brothers, cousins and neighbours to sign this

I'd hope it can be pushed well beyond it's target

Good luck

Thank.you so much.... Really appreciate it cl
Ben Harrington on 21:42 - Oct 19 with 2906 viewsThGrimRanger

from a fellow Reigate R - RIP Ben

Signed

TheGrimRanger

Ben Harrington on 18:44 - Oct 20 with 2829 viewsStanley76

Signed. Ben was a moderator and long-time poster over on WATRB. We have a similar supportive thread there in support of this worthy cause.
Ben Harrington on 13:39 - Oct 22 with 2750 viewsMKQPR

Signed
Ben Harrington on 14:08 - Oct 22 with 2740 viewsKingstan

Done, good luck with the petition.
Ben Harrington on 08:57 - Oct 24 with 2670 viewsLeane88

Thank you for everyone that has signed we have reached the half way point with 10 weeks to go.
Our local MP has now had a meeting with Bens Mum who said he is going to try and support investigations. The BBC has also been in touch and have had a few more families that have come forward as they believe that their children died under suspicious circumstances. So it's all been positive. Thank you so much again for the support it really does mean alot to the family.
If everyone that has viewed this thread signed we would be well on our way to 10,000 so please if you haven't signed please do.
Thank you
Ben Harrington on 09:29 - Oct 24 with 2655 viewsFrankieFiveAngels

Signed - R.I.P. Ben
Ben Harrington on 20:55 - Dec 12 with 2273 viewsLeane88

Hello All,
I just want to give you an update. We have been busy pushing this in every nook and cranny. I am delighted to say that we have hit 10,000 signatures so we will be going to NO.10 to knock on the door of the prime minister and deliver our signatures. Without u all that signed we wouldn't of even got the publicity let alone the signatures. Ben's mum and I thank you from the bottom of our hearts.
Wishing you all a very merry Christmas.
Thank you
Leane
Ben Harrington on 21:12 - Dec 12 with 2240 viewsRoller

Ben Harrington on 20:55 - Dec 12 by Leane88

Hello All,
I just want to give you an update. We have been busy pushing this in every nook and cranny. I am delighted to say that we have hit 10,000 signatures so we will be going to NO.10 to knock on the door of the prime minister and deliver our signatures. Without u all that signed we wouldn't of even got the publicity let alone the signatures. Ben's mum and I thank you from the bottom of our hearts.
Thank you
Leane

That is great news Leane.
Ben Harrington on 22:27 - Dec 12 with 2196 viewsPunteR

Hello All,
Thank you
Leane

Good work Leane.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Ben Harrington on 22:34 - Dec 12 with 2189 viewsBrightonhoop

Hello All,
Thank you
Leane

Good news indeed. Well done.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024