Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A Point Earned, or Two Points Dropped? 16:56 - Oct 14 with 7918 viewsDylanP

On the one hand, conventional wisdom says that considering our away form, a point away is a good thing.

But for me that was a frustrating point. Sunderland looked terrible for long stretches.Their central defense was particularly dreadful. They looked there for the taking. Putting Smith in there for 30 minutes would have been the proverbial cat amongst the pigeons and could have wreaked havoc. We looked too passive up front; waiting for the ball to drop or prodding it around when it would have been as easy to shoot.

Two points dropped for me.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

A Point Earned, or Two Points Dropped? on 23:59 - Oct 14 with 1844 viewsBrianMcCarthy

A Point Earned, or Two Points Dropped? on 23:36 - Oct 14 by CliveWilsonSaid

Well i only agree with half of that one. ;)

:)

Yes, I know it's pure supposition on my part but I think that our scouting of late has been the best it's been for over a decade. On a tight budget we've brought in good players playing well like Scowen, Luongo, Freeman and quite a few more. Even bargain basement signings like Baptiste and youth players like Manning seem to play well when they come in, so the coaching is also (debatedly) the best it's been since Warnock. My reasoning is that on a bigger budget we might well unearth a quality striker who would fit in with the tactics.

I'm not knocking the strikers we have - they all work either hard (Smith and Sylla) or ridiculously hard (Mackie and Washington). I just think they lack either confidence, coolness, awareness, top-level quality or a mixture of those. Money would eliminate some of those problems.

And I know FFP is unfair as it disproportionally hits clubs like ours with small fanbases/attendances but some of this is our own making as we threw a quarter of a billion to the wind.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

A Point Earned, or Two Points Dropped? on 00:44 - Oct 15 with 1802 viewsPommyhoop

I would've taken a draw before match but then I saw how shite Sunderland were.
We won't face a poorer defense than that in this league
ATAF.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

A Point Earned, or Two Points Dropped? on 08:52 - Oct 15 with 1690 viewsDejR_vu

A Point Earned, or Two Points Dropped? on 23:59 - Oct 14 by BrianMcCarthy

:)

Yes, I know it's pure supposition on my part but I think that our scouting of late has been the best it's been for over a decade. On a tight budget we've brought in good players playing well like Scowen, Luongo, Freeman and quite a few more. Even bargain basement signings like Baptiste and youth players like Manning seem to play well when they come in, so the coaching is also (debatedly) the best it's been since Warnock. My reasoning is that on a bigger budget we might well unearth a quality striker who would fit in with the tactics.

I'm not knocking the strikers we have - they all work either hard (Smith and Sylla) or ridiculously hard (Mackie and Washington). I just think they lack either confidence, coolness, awareness, top-level quality or a mixture of those. Money would eliminate some of those problems.

And I know FFP is unfair as it disproportionally hits clubs like ours with small fanbases/attendances but some of this is our own making as we threw a quarter of a billion to the wind.

And the rest. Quarter of a billion is what we've lost, that's on top of the hundreds of million in income that was also spent

On the issue of whether we'd have found a better striker if we had more money, I'm not so sure. Holloway was making silly noise about shopping habits when he went to Leicester, and monumentally f@*cked it up

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

A Point Earned, or Two Points Dropped? on 10:20 - Oct 15 with 1620 viewsenfieldargh

Afraid Olly fecked up again with his substitutions.

Smith I feel would have created even greater panic with their defenders. Cant believe John O'shea is still playing as I think he's always been awful(World Cup for ROI excluded).

Again Wheeler has looked good when he's played and scored which is more than many of our squad have done yet Bright seems to be preferred who looks very green to me. But then I'm please he's getting game time as well so its all part of our re-build.

Not sure what Mackie offered today as he cant beat a man anymore and his close control was poor.

Our decision making especially in the final third of the pitch is our biggest problem along with a blunt attack.

Under hit/overhit passes crosses, too many hopeless through balls.

Thought freeman had his usual good game but often he didnt pass when he should and passed we he maybe should have gone on.

I think there is something amiss with Pav. I love him to bits and think he's one of our better players but he seems to have lost his cutting edge. Hope he's not homesick and losing inspiration.

Ryan Manning, despite some poor passes in the first half this lad put his body on the line time and gain. Saw him dive in with is head at players feet 3 times and linked up well with the midfield.

I was extremely frustrated during the game that we didnt put the game to bed but have seen us loose too many games after similar performances.

On reflection I'm confident this group will mature into a very good team, we will loose some on the way but there is plenty of talent coming up through the ranks plus recruitment is a lot better these days.

As I walked back across the Wearmouth Bridge surrounded by thousands of Sunderland fans who seemed either silent or talking about anything other than football I thought that we actually are not in too bad shape.

Two points dropped

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

A Point Earned, or Two Points Dropped? on 14:50 - Oct 15 with 1516 viewsDorse

I think it's a sign of real progress that a QPR side has played an away match and we're even considering the idea of two points being dropped!

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

A Point Earned, or Two Points Dropped? on 15:42 - Oct 15 with 1472 viewsBushRanger82

Two points dropped.
How many times away from home have we seen Rangers take the lead, only to fail to hold on to it, never mind build on it?
Still, a point was all I was anticipating anyway.
A Point Earned, or Two Points Dropped? on 18:00 - Oct 15 with 1391 viewsDejR_vu

A Point Earned, or Two Points Dropped? on 15:42 - Oct 15 by BushRanger82

Two points dropped.
How many times away from home have we seen Rangers take the lead, only to fail to hold on to it, never mind build on it?

The problem with being happy with a point at the club second bottom in the league is that we are effectively writing off away games ("bonus games" any one?!) and putting more pressure on the home games. Even if we are hoping to be mid-table we would need to win five or six away. Blackburn and Wigan went down last year with four and five away wins respectively. Only Birmingham and Bolton have a worse away record than us so far this year.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

A Point Earned, or Two Points Dropped? on 18:20 - Oct 15 with 1378 viewsBushRanger82

A Point Earned, or Two Points Dropped? on 18:00 - Oct 15 by DejR_vu

The problem with being happy with a point at the club second bottom in the league is that we are effectively writing off away games ("bonus games" any one?!) and putting more pressure on the home games. Even if we are hoping to be mid-table we would need to win five or six away. Blackburn and Wigan went down last year with four and five away wins respectively. Only Birmingham and Bolton have a worse away record than us so far this year.

Cannot agree more.
Login to get fewer ads

A Point Earned, or Two Points Dropped? on 18:25 - Oct 15 with 1371 viewsNorthernr

Agree. As I said in the match preview our attitude to away games, for years, has been fcking dreadful.
A Point Earned, or Two Points Dropped? on 19:38 - Oct 15 with 1331 viewsdaveB

if we lost and said it didn't matter that would be writing off away games, a point away is a decent result, of course we want to win and sounded like we should have done yesterday but if you can't win then a draw is better than a loss.

QPR have been pretty awful away from home for the last 40 years, i'm not sure why so many are turning their noses up at us drawing a game.
A Point Earned, or Two Points Dropped? on 06:12 - Oct 16 with 1269 viewstimcocking

We frigging well battered them!
A Point Earned, or Two Points Dropped? on 08:53 - Oct 16 with 1238 viewsenfieldargh

A Point Earned, or Two Points Dropped? on 15:42 - Oct 15 by BushRanger82

Two points dropped.

I have never seen a team as poor and inept as Sunderland.

We hardly bothered their keeper until the 13th minute but they where nervous wrecks and there for the taking.

Even their fans managed to hold their huge banner back to front

There for the taking and we couldnt, so yes on this rare occasion, 2 points droped

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

A Point Earned, or Two Points Dropped? on 09:12 - Oct 16 with 1224 viewsToast_R

If QPR lose to Bolton on Saturday, I think we'll be fighting relegation all season. In a way, Bolton winning at the weekend lifts the obvious QPR hoodoo. My concern is though, we won't win if we can't score at least 2 goals which is proving extremely difficult given our lack of conviction up front and non scoring midfielders. A bad combo.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024