Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A Point Earned, or Two Points Dropped? 16:56 - Oct 14 with 7929 viewsDylanP

On the one hand, conventional wisdom says that considering our away form, a point away is a good thing.

But for me that was a frustrating point. Sunderland looked terrible for long stretches.Their central defense was particularly dreadful. They looked there for the taking. Putting Smith in there for 30 minutes would have been the proverbial cat amongst the pigeons and could have wreaked havoc. We looked too passive up front; waiting for the ball to drop or prodding it around when it would have been as easy to shoot.

Two points dropped for me.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

A Point Earned, or Two Points Dropped? on 16:58 - Oct 14 with 6070 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Two dropped. Definitely.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

A Point Earned, or Two Points Dropped? on 17:05 - Oct 14 with 6010 viewsNov77

this game was as a close to a gimme as we are likely to get In this division.
home team on a terrible run of form, crowd on their backs, 1 nil up, and we still can't see it out.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

A Point Earned, or Two Points Dropped? on 17:08 - Oct 14 with 6006 viewsNorthernr

Two dropped. They were fcking abysmal.
A Point Earned, or Two Points Dropped? on 17:13 - Oct 14 with 5967 viewsMistication92

Fck me that was so frustrating. So so so frustrating. They were awful, really really bad. If Washington had started for Mackie I think we'd have won comfortably. ARGHHHHHHHH. Sylla MOTM, great hold up play and layoffs. Probably should've had another though.

FFS. A point is not a good result there, we should have buried them and if we'd scored the second before they scored we'd have had 4/5.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2017 17:14]
A Point Earned, or Two Points Dropped? on 17:20 - Oct 14 with 5908 viewsbosh67

We had 17 attempts on goal. 12 on target, as against 9 attempts and 5 on target for them.

I believe we have the most attempts on goal this season with about the worst conversion rate.

We are much better this season but cow's backside, Banjo and barn door are just three of the names describing our fire power or lack of it this season.

Much as I love Washington and Mackie surely a chance for Grego Cox can't be that far away. He can't really score any less.

2 points dropped but we have been known to chuck all 3 so better than nowt. Why not bring on Smith for the last 30 mins rather than Washington? Oh well.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

A Point Earned, or Two Points Dropped? on 17:23 - Oct 14 with 5881 viewsWren67

2 points dropped. We are not hungry enough. Sunderland was poor and we looked at times that we wanted to compete at their level of paucity. Still cant believe Wzolek chose to cross when the goal was at his mercy. I really like Sylla and want him to continue with a regular place but I wish he would stop falling over so easily and hoping for a free kick especially when we are in a good position.
A Point Earned, or Two Points Dropped? on 17:26 - Oct 14 with 5849 viewsDejR_vu

As good as the midfield have been, they're not scoring enough goals. We know we don't have prolific strikers, that isn't going to change, so we need some from other parts of the pitch. I think Scowen, Luongo and Freeman have scored three between them so far? To be playing as well as they have been and only contributing three goals is poor.

We can't keep on playing well without getting results, it's only a matter of time until the confidence drains away.

We're in trouble.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

A Point Earned, or Two Points Dropped? on 17:39 - Oct 14 with 5772 viewsMistication92

A Point Earned, or Two Points Dropped? on 17:26 - Oct 14 by DejR_vu

As good as the midfield have been, they're not scoring enough goals. We know we don't have prolific strikers, that isn't going to change, so we need some from other parts of the pitch. I think Scowen, Luongo and Freeman have scored three between them so far? To be playing as well as they have been and only contributing three goals is poor.

We can't keep on playing well without getting results, it's only a matter of time until the confidence drains away.

We're in trouble.

Alternatively we're going to absolutely batter someone at some point.
Login to get fewer ads

A Point Earned, or Two Points Dropped? on 17:39 - Oct 14 with 5772 viewsjonno

The problem is that away from home we are unable to keep a clean sheet against anybody, and are not good enough up front to score more than one goal. Therefore a draw is the best result we can ever get.
A Point Earned, or Two Points Dropped? on 18:57 - Oct 14 with 5482 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

A Point Earned, or Two Points Dropped? on 17:39 - Oct 14 by Mistication92

Alternatively we're going to absolutely batter someone at some point.

I'm somewhere in between. I think we're making progress. We've been consistently playing quite well all season. I've got a funny feeling we're going to finish quite strongly this season as one of the form teams. We just need to find an extra goal a game from somewhere and we're a top half side.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

A Point Earned, or Two Points Dropped? on 19:32 - Oct 14 with 5342 viewsVancouverHoop

While scoring is an obvious problem we're also fragile on defence at the moment. Today Baptiste was really the only player at the back to inspire confidence. That'll change when some of the injured return but, until then, it has a knock on effect up-front as our midfield are pushed into our own end too often, and for too long.
A Point Earned, or Two Points Dropped? on 19:37 - Oct 14 with 5323 viewsngbqpr

My 13 year old was just on QPR's Instagram and was so incredulous about some of the negative stuff on there about the result that he put a very mature comment on along the lines of we'd have taken that at the start of the season, we're at best a midtable team on a small budget etc etc - that's my boy, I said, then thought I'd go on LFW for some more reasoned debate...first thread I opened was this....

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

A Point Earned, or Two Points Dropped? on 19:52 - Oct 14 with 5259 viewsYorkRanger

Just got home. Strange afternoon, entertaining game but I was surprised how poor Sunderland were. We only have ourselves to blame as for the 20 minutes before they equalised we absolutely dominated them and didn't kill the game off, their equaliser (which was a well taken goal) had been preceded by ironic cheers from their fans as they had managed to string a few passes together.

Overall I thought we played well enough, just lack that killer instinct. Freeman and Bidwell very good today.
A Point Earned, or Two Points Dropped? on 19:58 - Oct 14 with 5240 viewsBrianMcCarthy

A Point Earned, or Two Points Dropped? on 19:37 - Oct 14 by ngbqpr

My 13 year old was just on QPR's Instagram and was so incredulous about some of the negative stuff on there about the result that he put a very mature comment on along the lines of we'd have taken that at the start of the season, we're at best a midtable team on a small budget etc etc - that's my boy, I said, then thought I'd go on LFW for some more reasoned debate...first thread I opened was this....

Well done to him. I thought today was definitely a case of two points dropped but still we have to be reasoned as well. There are plenty positives in our play at the moment, and our club is undergoing Draconian FFP measures.

A Point Earned, or Two Points Dropped? on 20:01 - Oct 14 with 5220 viewsdaveB

i was sure we'd get beat but sounded like we should have won the game, i think any point on the road is a decent result, never confident of us keeping a clean sheet no matter how well we play
A Point Earned, or Two Points Dropped? on 20:05 - Oct 14 with 5210 viewsDanVanDyke

I wasn't going to go, but my brother texted me at 11.00 this morning saying it was £25 pay on the gate so I made the 20 minute journey from the right side of the Tyne to that cesspool.

We were quite high up and I'd like benefits of TV, but I thought we were a bit unlucky. I get why Smith wasn't put on, we needed that harrying and extra pace that Mackie and Washington provided to keep their defenders honest.

I thought we should have a pen when we were 1 up with a handball but the ref wasn't even looking. They were awful and we absolutely had the on the ropes. The free kick they had at left back that was kicked out for our throw in the right back slot being a particular highlight. We were one minute from a mass exodus of their fans and a meltdown from their defence, and then they scored. McGeady with a bit of quality to dig out his feet and curl it.

It was an entertaining game throughout, but part of that entertainment came from the fact that neither team was very good. We've got an honest bunch and they don't give up, but we're not much better than SAFC and they are atrocious.

I'll echo that Sylla is frustrating, a couple of times went down and on others just dallied or tried to beat one more man. We lacked that killer pass a couple of times as well. A few fellas at the pis$er at full time bemoaned the Mackie miss but I thought the ball wasn't great and just behind him.

I can understand the two pints dropped - and it probably was - but I've seen us lose games like that as well.

As a keeper myself, I really like Smithies, but he doesn't seem one of those keepers who can have a great game and we keep a clean sheet. We always looked like we could concede.

Given that I've just had my fourth child, I'll probably not get to another game this season, we are what we are in my limited opinion. Mid table, good attitude, seem like a decent bunch, try hard, won't get spanked too often and won't spank anybody else. No bad thing at this time though.
A Point Earned, or Two Points Dropped? on 20:14 - Oct 14 with 5165 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

A Point Earned, or Two Points Dropped? on 19:58 - Oct 14 by BrianMcCarthy

Well done to him. I thought today was definitely a case of two points dropped but still we have to be reasoned as well. There are plenty positives in our play at the moment, and our club is undergoing Draconian FFP measures.

I agree with all of that Brian except the last bit. What would we be doing differently if we could spend more money, apart from pay more for players and higher wages?

A Point Earned, or Two Points Dropped? on 20:15 - Oct 14 with 5162 viewsBrianMcCarthy

A Point Earned, or Two Points Dropped? on 20:05 - Oct 14 by DanVanDyke

I wasn't going to go, but my brother texted me at 11.00 this morning saying it was £25 pay on the gate so I made the 20 minute journey from the right side of the Tyne to that cesspool.

We were quite high up and I'd like benefits of TV, but I thought we were a bit unlucky. I get why Smith wasn't put on, we needed that harrying and extra pace that Mackie and Washington provided to keep their defenders honest.

I thought we should have a pen when we were 1 up with a handball but the ref wasn't even looking. They were awful and we absolutely had the on the ropes. The free kick they had at left back that was kicked out for our throw in the right back slot being a particular highlight. We were one minute from a mass exodus of their fans and a meltdown from their defence, and then they scored. McGeady with a bit of quality to dig out his feet and curl it.

It was an entertaining game throughout, but part of that entertainment came from the fact that neither team was very good. We've got an honest bunch and they don't give up, but we're not much better than SAFC and they are atrocious.

I'll echo that Sylla is frustrating, a couple of times went down and on others just dallied or tried to beat one more man. We lacked that killer pass a couple of times as well. A few fellas at the pis$er at full time bemoaned the Mackie miss but I thought the ball wasn't great and just behind him.

I can understand the two pints dropped - and it probably was - but I've seen us lose games like that as well.

As a keeper myself, I really like Smithies, but he doesn't seem one of those keepers who can have a great game and we keep a clean sheet. We always looked like we could concede.

Given that I've just had my fourth child, I'll probably not get to another game this season, we are what we are in my limited opinion. Mid table, good attitude, seem like a decent bunch, try hard, won't get spanked too often and won't spank anybody else. No bad thing at this time though.

Very reasonable analysis, Dan.

Congrats on the new arrival.

A Point Earned, or Two Points Dropped? on 21:11 - Oct 14 with 4954 viewsTacticalR

A Point Earned, or Two Points Dropped? on 19:37 - Oct 14 by ngbqpr

Somebody has to set an example for the adults.

Air hostess clique

A Point Earned, or Two Points Dropped? on 21:16 - Oct 14 with 4927 viewsBrianMcCarthy

A Point Earned, or Two Points Dropped? on 20:14 - Oct 14 by CliveWilsonSaid

I agree with all of that Brian except the last bit. What would we be doing differently if we could spend more money, apart from pay more for players and higher wages?

Well, I much prefer our current return-to-basics approach where we scout and coach and have settled a team and dressing room but I think that we might have found someone, maybe even abroad, to improve our striking options if it weren't for FFP.

A Point Earned, or Two Points Dropped? on 21:22 - Oct 14 with 4914 viewsMistication92

I'd say it's more the defense's fault that we're not keeping clean sheets, than Smithies. One fantastic save in the first half and whenever Sunderland went through on goal and it was offside, he was still saving the shots. From my vantage point, I don't think there was anything he could do about the goal. It must be the fifth long range effort we've conceded now? We really need to start closing down outside the box.

Btw I didn't think it was handball, it was a comedy clearance but there was no way he meant to use his hand or even motioned towards that. Would've been very harsh.
A Point Earned, or Two Points Dropped? on 21:51 - Oct 14 with 4835 viewsBoston

http://www.kilburntimes.co.uk/sport/football/queens-park-rangers/queens-park-ran

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

A Point Earned, or Two Points Dropped? on 22:17 - Oct 14 with 4765 viewsBrianMcCarthy

A Point Earned, or Two Points Dropped? on 21:22 - Oct 14 by Mistication92

I'd say it's more the defense's fault that we're not keeping clean sheets, than Smithies. One fantastic save in the first half and whenever Sunderland went through on goal and it was offside, he was still saving the shots. From my vantage point, I don't think there was anything he could do about the goal. It must be the fifth long range effort we've conceded now? We really need to start closing down outside the box.

Btw I didn't think it was handball, it was a comedy clearance but there was no way he meant to use his hand or even motioned towards that. Would've been very harsh.

I thought a peno would have been harsh as well, to be honest.

I'd like to see another angle on the goal. It didn't seem to have too much power and it was struck from a fair way out. He played well yet again otherwise.

Thought we had closed McGeady well but his usual stepover move fooled us.

A Point Earned, or Two Points Dropped? on 23:22 - Oct 14 with 4601 viewsDanVanDyke

Thanks for the good wishes, Brian.

I didn't mean to come across as criticising Smithies, he's a great keeper. But, we've all seen games where one team gets battered and the keeper pulls of save after save and keeps a clean sheet. Alex isn't that keeper, he has fantastic games but still concedes. Not usually his fault but we don't have that luck. It was in the second it left McGeady's boot, went round players, Smithies unsighted.

In terms of the handball, I watched my boys Switzerland on Tuesday, it was reffed by the Turkish fella who is UEFA's go to guy for big matches. In the first half, Remo Freuler met a clearance on half way, the ball bounced before him, hit his chest and then flicked his arm. Free kick and yellow card, so I get confused over the deliberate interpretation! Yes the Sunderland player comedically kicked it against his own arm, he didn't mean to do it I'm sure, but I've seen 'em given.
A Point Earned, or Two Points Dropped? on 23:36 - Oct 14 with 4561 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

A Point Earned, or Two Points Dropped? on 21:16 - Oct 14 by BrianMcCarthy

Well, I much prefer our current return-to-basics approach where we scout and coach and have settled a team and dressing room but I think that we might have found someone, maybe even abroad, to improve our striking options if it weren't for FFP.

Well i only agree with half of that one. ;)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024