Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Grego-Cox 20:19 - Oct 14 with 2929 viewsFDC

Following on from Bosh's comment on t'other thread:

What sort of striker is he? I think the only time I've seen him play was in Redknapp's bare-bones match when he embarrassingly scored when he wasn't supposed to. Can't really remember what his game is though? As opposed as I am to double-barrelled surnames on the team sheet, could he add something?
Grego-Cox on 20:24 - Oct 14 with 2908 viewsDebaser

Wasn't that Tom Hitchcock who scored when he shouldn't have ? When Harry had seven keepers on the bench
Grego-Cox on 20:38 - Oct 14 with 2858 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Grego-Cox on 20:24 - Oct 14 by Debaser

Wasn't that Tom Hitchcock who scored when he shouldn't have ? When Harry had seven keepers on the bench

You might be right. RGC is yet to score for the first team, I'm pretty sure?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Grego-Cox on 21:24 - Oct 14 with 2736 viewsFDC

Grego-Cox on 20:24 - Oct 14 by Debaser

Oh yeah quite right
Grego-Cox on 00:50 - Oct 15 with 2553 viewskensalriser

It was indeed Hitchcock. A few people got a bit bent out of shape at his subsequent non-appearance in the first team. These days he's playing for Premier League Chelmsford City, which shows just how wrong we got it.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Grego-Cox on 08:50 - Oct 15 with 2389 viewsrsonist

Leave the RGC bandwagon alone, Bosh is just attention seeking. Scoring three against Israel U21s hardly makes the lad the seasoned poacher required, and we're not short of runners otherwise.

Ollie hasn't even begun to try to get a tune out of Wheeler and Bright, who we've just spent what little we have on - that should be where we're looking. It's not the only squandered or under-utilized talent on the books either. And if we're desperate come New Year bring Eze back in and roll the dice, provided we also cut the bloat and sell who we know can't help us.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2017 8:50]
Grego-Cox on 09:04 - Oct 15 with 2348 viewsdistortR

Grego-Cox on 08:50 - Oct 15 by rsonist

Leave the RGC bandwagon alone, Bosh is just attention seeking. Scoring three against Israel U21s hardly makes the lad the seasoned poacher required, and we're not short of runners otherwise.

Ollie hasn't even begun to try to get a tune out of Wheeler and Bright, who we've just spent what little we have on - that should be where we're looking. It's not the only squandered or under-utilized talent on the books either. And if we're desperate come New Year bring Eze back in and roll the dice, provided we also cut the bloat and sell who we know can't help us.

Harsh assessment of Bosh! Grego-cox must be full of confidence, something our other strikers seem to lack right now, I would have thought a place on the bench was warranted?
Grego-Cox on 09:14 - Oct 15 with 2331 viewsbosh67

Grego-Cox on 08:50 - Oct 15 by rsonist

I don't really think I am attention seeking to be fair, although there is a two hour special about how great I am tonight on ITV at 7.30. I know he hasn't torn up trees so far in his fleeting appearances for the 1st team but that is all they are. The kid is only 20 and has made 5 cameos so far, not really any kind of way to assess if he has any real ability to change a game. I think he deserves a chance. You may not be as old as me but I remember Allen and Goddard starting up front for us in their teens under Doherty. It took them a few games to get going and then they just tore teams apart. Given our financial restrictions we should give some of these younger players their chance up front.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Grego-Cox on 09:20 - Oct 15 with 2317 viewsfrancisbowles

How is he doing in the U23s? I have seen them three times (twice on a link) and I'm not sure he featured.
Login to get fewer ads

Grego-Cox on 09:20 - Oct 15 with 2315 viewsNorthernr

Grego-Cox on 00:50 - Oct 15 by kensalriser

It was indeed Hitchcock. A few people got a bit bent out of shape at his subsequent non-appearance in the first team. These days he's playing for Premier League Chelmsford City, which shows just how wrong we got it.

TBF when you're drawing 0-0 at Watford with six midfielders and no striker at all, it's fair to assume that Tom Hitchcock might have been better than nothing.
Grego-Cox on 12:05 - Oct 15 with 2119 viewsTHEBUSH

Haven´t seen him play that much, but when I have he reminds me a bit of Conor Washington, but maybe with even more energy.
Probably lacks a bit of quality, but perhaps could do a job an impact sub?
Grego-Cox on 13:26 - Oct 15 with 2017 viewsrsonist

Grego-Cox on 09:04 - Oct 15 by distortR

Harsh assessment of Bosh! Grego-cox must be full of confidence, something our other strikers seem to lack right now, I would have thought a place on the bench was warranted?

So if one of first team is out of form and confidence we just drop them for a kid? And I suppose when their form inevitably drops we do the same to them, like Shodipo?

New signings or new youth, it's the same zombie More Blood-ism that this club needs to surmount to progress.

Bringing through youth? - absolutely, but as part of a structured, gradual pathway to the first team; not having a big mess of a squad and flinging around flavours-of-the-week hoping they stick, then casting them aside.
Grego-Cox on 13:46 - Oct 15 with 1989 viewsRangersw12

From the very the little I have seen of him he looks way short of the quality to start in a championship game

Doesn't seem to have any pace or a decent touch but again i have seen very little
Grego-Cox on 14:15 - Oct 15 with 1941 viewsdistortR

Grego-Cox on 13:26 - Oct 15 by rsonist

So if one of first team is out of form and confidence we just drop them for a kid? And I suppose when their form inevitably drops we do the same to them, like Shodipo?

New signings or new youth, it's the same zombie More Blood-ism that this club needs to surmount to progress.

Bringing through youth? - absolutely, but as part of a structured, gradual pathway to the first team; not having a big mess of a squad and flinging around flavours-of-the-week hoping they stick, then casting them aside.

He's nearly 21, so not so much the kid anymore, he's at the club and picking up a wage so saying he might be worth a place on the bench is hardly zombie more bloodism.

Re - Shodipo, I think many have been surprised by some of the decisions made concerning his development, but the biggest hindrance to him recently appears to have been injuries.
Grego- on 14:29 - Oct 15 with 1925 viewsstevec

Funny how some players make it and some don't. A Chelsea youth coach mentioned Bruno Andrade as a good prospect when he was around 15-16, so took a bit of notice when he made a couple of appearances for us.

Seemed to go past people and looked decent yet quickly disappeared off the scene. Doing well at National League Borehamwood these days too. Whether he'd step up I have no idea but certainly not worse than many I've seen make a career here.
Grego-Cox on 14:39 - Oct 15 with 1913 viewsDorse

Grego-Cox on 09:14 - Oct 15 by bosh67

I don't really think I am attention seeking to be fair, although there is a two hour special about how great I am tonight on ITV at 7.30. I know he hasn't torn up trees so far in his fleeting appearances for the 1st team but that is all they are. The kid is only 20 and has made 5 cameos so far, not really any kind of way to assess if he has any real ability to change a game. I think he deserves a chance. You may not be as old as me but I remember Allen and Goddard starting up front for us in their teens under Doherty. It took them a few games to get going and then they just tore teams apart. Given our financial restrictions we should give some of these younger players their chance up front.

I must say, after watching the ITV special, I had no idea you were such a good dancer.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Grego-Cox on 20:40 - Oct 15 with 1690 viewsderbyhoop

RIC had a loan spell at Newport last year. I'm not sure he scored a single goal. At the bottom end of L2. Are we seriously suggesting he's now good enough for the Championship?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Grego-Cox on 21:41 - Oct 15 with 1637 viewsdanehoop

Grego-Cox on 20:40 - Oct 15 by derbyhoop

RIC had a loan spell at Newport last year. I'm not sure he scored a single goal. At the bottom end of L2. Are we seriously suggesting he's now good enough for the Championship?

RGC had a short spell at Newport, their manager I think changed pretty much as soon as he got there and then he picked up a season ending injury. So probably not necessarily the best thing to judge him on.

I think he has only recently got back to full health and got back into playing for the U23's. The case I think for him is that since doing so he has been playing very well for them and then done well enough to get called up for the U21 national side where he has again looked very good indeed. The lad is a very good prospect with real potential, he has speed, a good touch and knows where the goal is. He will bring something different to the side (possibly goals).

Never knowingly understood

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024