Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I know it's the Sun, but... 01:53 - Oct 15 with 19937 viewsloftinoz

Any truth in this?
Portsmouth's Kenny Jackett has emerged as a strong contender to take over at QPR
Don't know how to post a link properly, sorry.
I know it's the Sun, but... on 10:26 - Oct 18 with 2227 viewsPunteR

I know it's the Sun, but... on 09:13 - Oct 18 by Northolt_Rs

Ok. Here you go - we have won 1 game in the last 9 we have played.

But out of the 3 we lost, one of them was with the league leaders, one was a cup game that no one takes seriously anymore(apart from Brentford obviously) and we lost to Fulham in a game i thought we played great in and showed a massive improvement from the last time we lost to them.
We're hovering around mid table in October with some of our best players injured. Its not relegation form just yet.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

I know it's the Sun, but... on 10:40 - Oct 18 with 2185 viewsCamberleyR

I know it's the Sun, but... on 10:26 - Oct 18 by PunteR

But out of the 3 we lost, one of them was with the league leaders, one was a cup game that no one takes seriously anymore(apart from Brentford obviously) and we lost to Fulham in a game i thought we played great in and showed a massive improvement from the last time we lost to them.
We're hovering around mid table in October with some of our best players injured. Its not relegation form just yet.

Exactly, with a touch more good fortune (width of a crossbar against Millwall, linesman spotting the ball had gone out of play for Boro's third and Fulham hacking one clear off the line in stoppage time with the keeper beaten) we'd be definitely comfortable in mid table.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

I know it's the Sun, but... on 10:40 - Oct 18 with 2185 viewskropotkin41

Little piece in the Mirror this morning saying that Forest are keen to sign Luongo in Jan. Hopefully no chance.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

I know it's the Sun, but... on 11:18 - Oct 18 with 2132 viewsTacticalR

I know it's the Sun, but... on 10:40 - Oct 18 by kropotkin41

Little piece in the Mirror this morning saying that Forest are keen to sign Luongo in Jan. Hopefully no chance.

If you look at the graph at the bottom of the BBC's article about the costs of promotion, Forest have the highest staff spend compared to turnover of all the Championship clubs listed:

Premier League: Clubs 'risk bankruptcy' with promotion
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41564471

Air hostess clique

I know it's the Sun, but... on 12:23 - Oct 18 with 2066 viewsBklynRanger

That's the sort of graph-chart one takes pleasure in being the second shittest on. Eye watering stupidity on an industrial scale. Maybe teams should have the option to choose whether or not they accept promotion? Or something. Something's got to be done anyway. Sack the board.
I know it's the Sun, but... on 13:05 - Oct 18 with 2012 viewsBenny_the_Ball

I know it's the Sun, but... on 21:42 - Oct 17 by Northolt_Rs

Ho-hum. Ok I’ll bite:

22/8/2017 QPR 1 Brentford 4
26/8/2017 Cardiff 2 QPR 1
9/9/2017 QPR 2 Ipswich 1
12/9/2017 QPR 2 Millwallscum 2
16/9/2017 Middlesbrough 3 QPR 2
23/9/2017 QPR 0 Burton Albion 0
26/9/2017 Barnsley 0 QPR 0
29/9/2017 QPR 1 Fulham 2
14/10/2017 Sunderland 1 QPR 1

So 1 win in the last 9 games. LLWDLDDLD
[Post edited 17 Oct 2017 21:52]

Granted these results aren't great but as other posters have noted there is more too it than that. The reality is over the course of the season so far we are mid-table and showing signs of progression so a change of manager is not merited. However results can't be ignored so if they continue through Christmas then there may be case for concern but even then I'm not convinced Kenny is the answer.
I know it's the Sun, but... on 13:14 - Oct 18 with 1993 viewsMick_S

I know it's the Sun, but... on 13:05 - Oct 18 by Benny_the_Ball

Granted these results aren't great but as other posters have noted there is more too it than that. The reality is over the course of the season so far we are mid-table and showing signs of progression so a change of manager is not merited. However results can't be ignored so if they continue through Christmas then there may be case for concern but even then I'm not convinced Kenny is the answer.

Why ever not?

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

I know it's the Sun, but... on 13:16 - Oct 18 with 1980 viewsCamberleyR

I know it's the Sun, but... on 13:14 - Oct 18 by Mick_S

Why ever not?

The new Bay City Rollers.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Login to get fewer ads

I know it's the Sun, but... on 13:42 - Oct 18 with 1945 viewsEsox_Lucius

IMO, anyone who is watching QPR to see them win all the time is definitely following the wrong team. Manchester City may be a better choice if that is your criteria and even then there will be occasional disappointments. In the interests of fairness, other teams are available to be supported.
After last season I would have been happy for us to avoid relegation this season and see some improvements in the teams play. I think I will be happy come the end of the season as things stand. I am also more than happy withthe way the U23's are shaping up and feel that QPR are in the best shape they have been in since pre Tango & Cash days.

The grass is always greener.

I know it's the Sun, but... on 15:13 - Oct 18 with 1873 viewsBenny_the_Ball

I know it's the Sun, but... on 13:42 - Oct 18 by Esox_Lucius

IMO, anyone who is watching QPR to see them win all the time is definitely following the wrong team. Manchester City may be a better choice if that is your criteria and even then there will be occasional disappointments. In the interests of fairness, other teams are available to be supported.
After last season I would have been happy for us to avoid relegation this season and see some improvements in the teams play. I think I will be happy come the end of the season as things stand. I am also more than happy withthe way the U23's are shaping up and feel that QPR are in the best shape they have been in since pre Tango & Cash days.

So do you go to QPR games to watch them lose? I follow QPR to watch them win but I don't expect them to win. If they don't win then if the players have given their maximum to try and get the win then that's good enough for me.
I know it's the Sun, but... on 15:52 - Oct 18 with 1835 viewsDorse

I know it's the Sun, but... on 11:18 - Oct 18 by TacticalR

If you look at the graph at the bottom of the BBC's article about the costs of promotion, Forest have the highest staff spend compared to turnover of all the Championship clubs listed:

Premier League: Clubs 'risk bankruptcy' with promotion
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41564471

And the Twitter Aggro Boys will be out in force telling TF that the graph shows no ambition, the manager must go, the hoops on the shirt should go blue-white-blue not white-blue-white, questioning what (if anything) Tottenham Les does, demanding Ellis from the box office be sacked and Connor reinstated, more Nobby's Nuts but only dry-roasted, 'round-the-pole' be re-named 'round-the-eastern-European-migrant-worker', discount for female streakers etc.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

I know it's the Sun, but... on 15:56 - Oct 18 with 1829 viewsMick_S

Can't believe you said that about Ellis.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

I know it's the Sun, but... on 16:16 - Oct 18 with 1808 viewsfrancisbowles

Give him till January at least!

With regards to our non striking options, for the first time this season Sylla has started consecutive games. Let's hope that Ollie is now going to give him a run in the team.

Imho, Sylla is the one who shows the most promise of our four forwards not only for scoring goals but for his hold and lay game as well. A run might get him truly match fit, believe he is wanted and further improve his confidence. Hopefully, he will score even more than he has so far in his limited appearances and he will man up, get used to the Championship and spend less time on his two major faults, falling over and complaining.
[Post edited 18 Oct 2017 16:17]
I know it's the Sun, but... on 16:18 - Oct 18 with 1803 viewsjohncharles

I know it's the Sun, but... on 15:13 - Oct 18 by Benny_the_Ball

So do you go to QPR games to watch them lose? I follow QPR to watch them win but I don't expect them to win. If they don't win then if the players have given their maximum to try and get the win then that's good enough for me.

I think that's what he said.

Strong and stable my arse.

I know it's the Sun, but... on 18:15 - Oct 18 with 1760 viewsPinnerPaul

I know it's the Sun, but... on 22:01 - Oct 17 by daveB

I suppose it all depends on what you want from QPR.

If you want to win every week and care only about results then I can see why you'd want to change managers as on paper results haven't been good.

But if you want to see a team giving it their all every week and fighting for the shirt, with players showing improvement and playing some decent football and you realise with the manager working under financial restrictions and has lost some key players to injury plus having put a scouting team in place he's not been able to utilise yet then you'll probably be happy enough with the season so far and be confused as to why anyone would want to change again.

I'm sure Holloway will be gone before Christmas and the whole thing starts again but much like with every manager under Fernandes it will be pressure from the fans which forces the change and then the same fans putting that pressure on will be calling the owners idiots a few months later for changing managers too often.

Yep - spot on Dave.

Your argument and prophecy equally true for JFH though!
I know it's the Sun, but... on 10:31 - Oct 19 with 1680 viewsdaveB

I know it's the Sun, but... on 18:15 - Oct 18 by PinnerPaul

Yep - spot on Dave.

Your argument and prophecy equally true for JFH though!

I said the same thing about JFH when he was manager but it really was dull under him and got to a point when a change was needed
I know it's the Sun, but... on 10:56 - Oct 19 with 1653 viewspaulparker

Im not Ollys biggest fan but he needs another 2 seasons at least
think back to 3 years ago and when Arry, Bondy, Joe and co were running us into the ground, every away game was a bonus and we were buying cripples like sandro ,Niko, & Rio as well as selling our only right back
we were a mess and when Les took over as DOF we all said we wanted QPR men in charge through out the club , well we have that now and Les by and large as done a decent job I don't agree with everything but lets face it was a real mess Les inherited and we are now starting to see progress from the hard work he and the others have put in place it doesn't happen over night but its getting there
the fact of the matter is the league we are in now has basically become a premier league 2 over the last 2 seasons and we cannot complete with Wolves, Sheff wed, Villa, Fulham, Reading, Bristol City , Norwich, Middleborough , Birmingham , Cardiff on a financial front and its only going to get harder with the 3 clubs coming down next year
we have to say we have been unlucky with injuries at the back but at least we have competed following QPR has always been the same do well against the big clubs lose to the likes of Bolton , that's us
where I think Olly needs help is his staff , I love Birch but I don't know a lot about him as a coach again I could be wrong but I think we need a strong number 2 a McLaren or a mulensteen or even a keith curle to help olly who's biggest asset is his man management ,
anyway im rambling on but I like this QPR to the of QPR 4/5 years ago so lets keep the faith

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

I know it's the Sun, but... on 11:23 - Oct 19 with 1630 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I know it's the Sun, but... on 10:56 - Oct 19 by paulparker

think back to 3 years ago and when Arry, Bondy, Joe and co were running us into the ground, every away game was a bonus and we were buying cripples like sandro ,Niko, & Rio as well as selling our only right back
we were a mess and when Les took over as DOF we all said we wanted QPR men in charge through out the club , well we have that now and Les by and large as done a decent job I don't agree with everything but lets face it was a real mess Les inherited and we are now starting to see progress from the hard work he and the others have put in place it doesn't happen over night but its getting there
the fact of the matter is the league we are in now has basically become a premier league 2 over the last 2 seasons and we cannot complete with Wolves, Sheff wed, Villa, Fulham, Reading, Bristol City , Norwich, Middleborough , Birmingham , Cardiff on a financial front and its only going to get harder with the 3 clubs coming down next year
we have to say we have been unlucky with injuries at the back but at least we have competed following QPR has always been the same do well against the big clubs lose to the likes of Bolton , that's us
where I think Olly needs help is his staff , I love Birch but I don't know a lot about him as a coach again I could be wrong but I think we need a strong number 2 a McLaren or a mulensteen or even a keith curle to help olly who's biggest asset is his man management ,
anyway im rambling on but I like this QPR to the of QPR 4/5 years ago so lets keep the faith

As rambles go that was spot on mate.
I know it's the Sun, but... on 11:30 - Oct 19 with 1612 viewsTacticalR

A Holloway style ramble

Air hostess clique

I know it's the Sun, but... on 15:23 - Oct 19 with 1526 viewsDorse

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

I know it's the Sun, but... on 15:31 - Oct 19 with 1514 viewsQPR_John

I know it's the Sun, but... on 10:56 - Oct 19 by paulparker

"we cannot complete with Wolves, Sheff wed, Villa, Fulham, Reading, Bristol City , Norwich, Middleborough , Birmingham , Cardiff on a financial front "

Aiding that situation is the FFP fine and until that is sorted we are clearly at more of a disadvantage. One might argue the FL in not bringing this to a conclusion are using their position to hold the club back.
I know it's the Sun, but... on 16:00 - Oct 19 with 1475 viewsRoller

I know it's the Sun, but... on 15:31 - Oct 19 by QPR_John

"we cannot complete with Wolves, Sheff wed, Villa, Fulham, Reading, Bristol City , Norwich, Middleborough , Birmingham , Cardiff on a financial front "

Aiding that situation is the FFP fine and until that is sorted we are clearly at more of a disadvantage. One might argue the FL in not bringing this to a conclusion are using their position to hold the club back.

What makes you think it is the FL that are making this drag on? I’m sure that they’d have been quite happy to issue a £60million fine and move on.
I know it's the Sun, but... on 16:11 - Oct 19 with 1451 viewsEsox_Lucius

I know it's the Sun, but... on 15:13 - Oct 18 by Benny_the_Ball

I can't find the part of my post where I stated that I go to QPR to watch them lose? Would you please enlighten me?

The grass is always greener.

I know it's the Sun, but... on 17:00 - Oct 19 with 1412 viewsQPR_John

I know it's the Sun, but... on 16:00 - Oct 19 by Roller

What makes you think it is the FL that are making this drag on? I’m sure that they’d have been quite happy to issue a £60million fine and move on.

You know as well as me if they had imposed a £60M fine they would have been laughed out of court
[Post edited 19 Oct 2017 17:01]
I know it's the Sun, but... on 17:03 - Oct 19 with 1400 viewsBlackCrowe

I know it's the Sun, but... on 15:23 - Oct 19 by Dorse

Aahhh memories....bloody 10 years ago that.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024