Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I know it's the Sun, but... 01:53 - Oct 15 with 19738 viewsloftinoz

Any truth in this?
Portsmouth's Kenny Jackett has emerged as a strong contender to take over at QPR
Don't know how to post a link properly, sorry.
I know it's the Sun, but... on 18:58 - Oct 16 with 1630 viewsQPR_John

I know it's the Sun, but... on 17:04 - Oct 16 by PunteR

Holloways has had ample opportunity to get goals out of our strikers...?

We're not even halfway through the season.

Unless I have got my facts wrong Washington joined in January 16, Mackie in Jun 15, Sylla in August 16 and Smith in January 17. Holloway joined in November 16. So Holloway has had more than this season to get some goals out of all four. You may still think 11 months is not long enough, 9 in the case of Smith, but it is longer than halfway through a season
I know it's the Sun, but... on 19:03 - Oct 16 with 1621 viewsQPR_John

I know it's the Sun, but... on 17:40 - Oct 16 by Northernr

I love how in modern football 11 months and just shy of one season's worth of games is classed as "all this time".

11 months is a fair amount of time to be trying something without success. As I pointed out it may not be Holloways fault and the strikers are just not good enough. But taking emotion out of the argument something has to change either give Holloway the money to change his strike force or get somebody new who can get something out of those we already have
[Post edited 16 Oct 2017 19:06]
I know it's the Sun, but... on 19:08 - Oct 16 with 1599 viewsPinnerPaul

I know it's the Sun, but... on 19:03 - Oct 16 by QPR_John

11 months is a fair amount of time to be trying something without success. As I pointed out it may not be Holloways fault and the strikers are just not good enough. But taking emotion out of the argument something has to change either give Holloway the money to change his strike force or get somebody new who can get something out of those we already have
[Post edited 16 Oct 2017 19:06]

and given the budget what WOULD you call 'success'?
I know it's the Sun, but... on 19:09 - Oct 16 with 1591 viewsPinnerPaul

Me and others have said it before and I'll say it again, why oh why do we think changing manager AGAIN, is going to work when it hasn't everytime we have done so in recent past - bonkers, bonkers, bonkers.
I know it's the Sun, but... on 19:12 - Oct 16 with 1587 viewsPinnerPaul

I know it's the Sun, but... on 10:10 - Oct 16 by Northolt_Rs

It was the points gained by JFH that prevented us being relegated last season. Holloway’s points-per-game would’ve seen us playing in League 1 this season. ATAF.

That is utter nonsense as if we had picked up zero points under IH we would have stayed up right?

Erm........ no totally wrong - utter drivel.
I know it's the Sun, but... on 19:21 - Oct 16 with 1572 viewsQPR_John

I know it's the Sun, but... on 19:08 - Oct 16 by PinnerPaul

and given the budget what WOULD you call 'success'?

I tried to make a comment taking emotion out of the argument. If people are happy to wait to see what happens then fine. Football is about scoring goals something that at the moment we are not doing however much attractive football we are playing. I am of the opinion that something needs to be done about it and suggested two options. I made the mistake of ignoring the third option nothing is Holloways fault.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2017 19:28]
I know it's the Sun, but... on 19:24 - Oct 16 with 1564 viewsQPR_John

I know it's the Sun, but... on 19:12 - Oct 16 by PinnerPaul

That is utter nonsense as if we had picked up zero points under IH we would have stayed up right?

Erm........ no totally wrong - utter drivel.

If we had picked up zero points under JFH would we have stayed up
[Post edited 16 Oct 2017 19:24]
I know it's the Sun, but... on 19:35 - Oct 16 with 1538 viewsjohncharles

I know it's the Sun, but... on 19:21 - Oct 16 by QPR_John

I tried to make a comment taking emotion out of the argument. If people are happy to wait to see what happens then fine. Football is about scoring goals something that at the moment we are not doing however much attractive football we are playing. I am of the opinion that something needs to be done about it and suggested two options. I made the mistake of ignoring the third option nothing is Holloways fault.

The under 23's scored 5 today. Came back from 3-0 down. Maybe we don't need to spend on strikers.

Strong and stable my arse.

Login to get fewer ads

I know it's the Sun, but... on 20:22 - Oct 16 with 1482 views2Thomas2Bowles

I know it's the Sun, but... on 19:21 - Oct 16 by QPR_John

Why do you think changing the manager will get the strikers scoring, it's easy for you to put the blame on IH as you hate him, you've made that clear time and time again but you Can't say another manager Will get them scoring

Cut the bull that you are trying to be reasonable How about you just admitting it's poor finishing by poor strikers and stop trying to blame IH for everything and you just want a change no matter how good or poor another manager would be.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2017 20:24]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

I know it's the Sun, but... on 20:41 - Oct 16 with 1452 viewsQPR_John

I know it's the Sun, but... on 20:22 - Oct 16 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Why do you think changing the manager will get the strikers scoring, it's easy for you to put the blame on IH as you hate him, you've made that clear time and time again but you Can't say another manager Will get them scoring

Cut the bull that you are trying to be reasonable How about you just admitting it's poor finishing by poor strikers and stop trying to blame IH for everything and you just want a change no matter how good or poor another manager would be.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2017 20:24]

You see Holloway on a post which does not praise him and you jump in without thinking. I did not say a new manager would get the strikers scoring and I even said it could be that they are not up to the job. What I said was that a solution needs to be found either Holloway gets money to buy or somebody new comes in with different ideas. Neither case is a guarantee of success. Surely even you must acknowledge that we are not scoring and something must be done to change the situation. It may well be there is a third option and Holloway finds a way to get them scoring. It has not happened for nearly a year now so is it really over the top to suggest we might look at a different option
[Post edited 16 Oct 2017 20:44]
I know it's the Sun, but... on 20:58 - Oct 16 with 1404 viewsconnell10

I know it's the Sun, but... on 20:41 - Oct 16 by QPR_John

You see Holloway on a post which does not praise him and you jump in without thinking. I did not say a new manager would get the strikers scoring and I even said it could be that they are not up to the job. What I said was that a solution needs to be found either Holloway gets money to buy or somebody new comes in with different ideas. Neither case is a guarantee of success. Surely even you must acknowledge that we are not scoring and something must be done to change the situation. It may well be there is a third option and Holloway finds a way to get them scoring. It has not happened for nearly a year now so is it really over the top to suggest we might look at a different option

So if olly was to be given money how much do you think a proven championship striker will cost? Where would said funds come from , being as ffp is stopping us from spending? Would you be happy to say sell smithes and freeman to fund said striker?

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

I know it's the Sun, but... on 21:00 - Oct 16 with 1395 viewsPunteR

I know it's the Sun, but... on 18:58 - Oct 16 by QPR_John

Unless I have got my facts wrong Washington joined in January 16, Mackie in Jun 15, Sylla in August 16 and Smith in January 17. Holloway joined in November 16. So Holloway has had more than this season to get some goals out of all four. You may still think 11 months is not long enough, 9 in the case of Smith, but it is longer than halfway through a season

I wanted us to sign a striker last summer but we're skint so we couldnt.
I'm pretty sure Ollie would want to as well.
Out of those four you mention only Smith is an Ollie signing, ok Mackie had a contract extension.
We have created chances this season but our strikers have missed. We've improved massively in midfield and on many occasions have been a joy to watch.
I'm not saying Ollie is perfect, far from it but your expectations of how you want Ollie to suddenly make Washington a 20 a season goal scorer is ridiculous even if in your opinion he's had plenty of time.
Surely you have to judge a manager season by season not judge him on the results from a previous managers players and coaching?
We need stability more than anything. Can we at least judge a manager at the end of the season?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

I know it's the Sun, but... on 21:02 - Oct 16 with 1390 viewsdaveB

I know it's the Sun, but... on 17:37 - Oct 16 by SimonJames

There you go with your fatuous, non fact based sweeping statements again...

Derby were on the same number of points (20) as us when IH took over and yet they managed to acquire 47 points (versus our 33) from their remaining 30 games and finish 9th in the table.

Likewise Cardiff were on 15 points (5 BELOW US) but managed to pick up another 47 points and finish 12th.

And Wolves were 3 points below us and got another 41 points to finish 5 points above us.

Even Blackburn, who got relegated, managed to pick up 38 points!

In fact only Wigan (relegated), Rotherham (relegated) and Birmingham (self sabotaged) managed to pick up less points then we did after IH took over.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2017 18:00]

hardly a sweeping statement to suggest the points lost under JFH had an impact on where we finished last season just as much as the points won under him had an impact.
I know it's the Sun, but... on 21:03 - Oct 16 with 1384 viewsconnell10

I know it's the Sun, but... on 21:00 - Oct 16 by PunteR

I wanted us to sign a striker last summer but we're skint so we couldnt.
I'm pretty sure Ollie would want to as well.
Out of those four you mention only Smith is an Ollie signing, ok Mackie had a contract extension.
We have created chances this season but our strikers have missed. We've improved massively in midfield and on many occasions have been a joy to watch.
I'm not saying Ollie is perfect, far from it but your expectations of how you want Ollie to suddenly make Washington a 20 a season goal scorer is ridiculous even if in your opinion he's had plenty of time.
Surely you have to judge a manager season by season not judge him on the results from a previous managers players and coaching?
We need stability more than anything. Can we at least judge a manager at the end of the season?

well said mate.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

I know it's the Sun, but... on 21:15 - Oct 16 with 1370 views2Thomas2Bowles

I know it's the Sun, but... on 20:41 - Oct 16 by QPR_John

Me not thinking lol

How about you thinking past wanting to get rid of IH

Why are the strikers not scoring , it's not that they are not getting the chances to do so, game after game we make loads of chances, 12 on target Saturday , blaming the manager for them not taking those chance is ridiculous, it's them that need to up their game but as far as Washington.. under both JFH and IH is just NOT good enough and another manager won't make him any better, he is what he is a poor striker

The answer is better strikes where they come from is younger players stepping up or getting someone in , Washington has had a lot longer here than IH to prove himself and he has failed. I would out him and some other players in the window and try to get a better quality striker in.

I think so far IH HAS got better players in, in the 2 windows so far , we are a better team and have a lot of players out injured, than we have been in a long while but not all the puzzle is finished yet, getting another manager would be a backward step.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2017 21:20]

I know it's the Sun, but... on 21:21 - Oct 16 with 1355 viewsQPR_John

I know it's the Sun, but... on 20:58 - Oct 16 by connell10

So if olly was to be given money how much do you think a proven championship striker will cost? Where would said funds come from , being as ffp is stopping us from spending? Would you be happy to say sell smithes and freeman to fund said striker?

We cannot buy and the current situation is that our strikers cannot hit the proverbial barn door so the solution is to hope something crops up. As to your last question what would be the point of gambling on improving one area by diluting the talent in others
I know it's the Sun, but... on 21:34 - Oct 16 with 1335 viewsQPR_John

I know it's the Sun, but... on 21:15 - Oct 16 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Me not thinking lol

Why are the strikers not scoring , it's not that they are not getting the chances to do so, game after game we make loads of chances, 12 on target Saturday , blaming the manager for them not taking those chance is ridiculous, it's them that need to up their game but as far as Washington.. under both JFH and IH is just NOT good enough and another manager won't make him any better, he is what he is a poor striker

The answer is better strikes where they come from is younger players stepping up or getting someone in , Washington has had a lot longer here than IH to prove himself and he has failed. I would out him and some other players in the window and try to get a better quality striker in.

I think so far IH HAS got better players in, in the 2 windows so far , we are a better team and have a lot of players out injured, than we have been in a long while but not all the puzzle is finished yet, getting another manager would be a backward step.

"Why are the strikers not scoring , it's not that they are not getting the chances to do so, game after game we make loads of chances, 12 on target Saturday , blaming the manager for them not taking those chance is ridiculous"

Life is too short for the last time I did not blame the manager alone all I said was it might be a possibility. The strikers might not be scoring because they are not very good as I suggested. I was throwing out options that is all. I don't understand where you got the idea that I did not accept the possibility our lack of goals was down to our strikers not being very good. When I suggested that a possible option might be to buy I was shot down.

You can carry on ignoring things that do not fit in with your view.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2017 21:42]
I know it's the Sun, but... on 21:49 - Oct 16 with 1295 views2Thomas2Bowles

I know it's the Sun, but... on 21:34 - Oct 16 by QPR_John

"Why are the strikers not scoring , it's not that they are not getting the chances to do so, game after game we make loads of chances, 12 on target Saturday , blaming the manager for them not taking those chance is ridiculous"

Life is too short for the last time I did not blame the manager alone all I said was it might be a possibility. The strikers might not be scoring because they are not very good as I suggested. I was throwing out options that is all. I don't understand where you got the idea that I did not accept the possibility our lack of goals was down to our strikers not being very good. When I suggested that a possible option might be to buy I was shot down.

Do stop this pretence, the only agenda you have is to get rid of IH if the players are not good enough and we can't buy any better, your only solution is changer the manager.

You're a one trick pony
[Post edited 16 Oct 2017 21:51]

I know it's the Sun, but... on 21:59 - Oct 16 with 1268 viewsPunteR

I know it's the Sun, but... on 21:34 - Oct 16 by QPR_John

You said there's two options - Buy new strikers or get in a new manager because we're not scoring enough goals
As this thread is suggesting that Ollie might be out of the door and Jacket coming in its easy to assume that you think Ollie needs to go. Option 2 if you like.
All i'm saying is we've done option 2 for the past 5-6 seasons and its never made a jot of difference to the season. We couldnt afford option 1 this season
Lets give Ollie a whole season, and maybe, dare i say it next season as well. We might possibly be able to change personnel in the strikers position in the summer and continue this slow and steady rebuilding of our club. Option 3.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2017 22:01]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

I know it's the Sun, but... on 22:12 - Oct 16 with 1240 viewsQPR_John

I know it's the Sun, but... on 21:49 - Oct 16 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Do stop this pretence, the only agenda you have is to get rid of IH if the players are not good enough and we can't buy any better, your only solution is changer the manager.

You're a one trick pony
[Post edited 16 Oct 2017 21:51]

OK what is the solution under those circumstances. If the players are not good enough and we cannot buy what is the managers job surely it is to try to improve those players. I'll hold my hands up and accept I am wrong you tell me where we go from here. How long do we carry on with strikers that are not good enough and are not improving. You have suggested we can buy better and that was one of my options so you agree with me on that point and if that happened clearly there would be no question over the manager
I know it's the Sun, but... on 22:18 - Oct 16 with 1224 views2Thomas2Bowles

I know it's the Sun, but... on 22:12 - Oct 16 by QPR_John

OK what is the solution under those circumstances. If the players are not good enough and we cannot buy what is the managers job surely it is to try to improve those players. I'll hold my hands up and accept I am wrong you tell me where we go from here. How long do we carry on with strikers that are not good enough and are not improving. You have suggested we can buy better and that was one of my options so you agree with me on that point and if that happened clearly there would be no question over the manager

PunteR have answered for me Slow and steady and look at the positives that IH HAS made to the team and stop focusing on blaming him for poor strikers and get off his back

Changing the manager is NOT the answer

I know it's the Sun, but... on 22:59 - Oct 16 with 1155 viewsSimonJames

I know it's the Sun, but... on 21:02 - Oct 16 by daveB

hardly a sweeping statement to suggest the points lost under JFH had an impact on where we finished last season just as much as the points won under him had an impact.

You said "Whilst the number of points we lost under JFH also played a part in why we finished so low in the table".

Are you implying that those lost points put us at any more of a disadvantage than the likes of Derby or Cardiff?

Or is it just a statement of the bleeding obvious that if JFH had picked up 2 or 3 more points, we wouldn't have had such a close shave with relegation?

Because if it was the latter, and we had 3 extra points when he was sacked, then we would have been in 12th place and he probably wouldn't have been sacked... yet.
Then add Ollie's measly 33 points on top of that and we still have slumped 4 places to finish 16th.

100% of people who drink water will die.

I know it's the Sun, but... on 23:15 - Oct 16 with 1140 viewsdaveB

I know it's the Sun, but... on 22:59 - Oct 16 by SimonJames

You said "Whilst the number of points we lost under JFH also played a part in why we finished so low in the table".

Are you implying that those lost points put us at any more of a disadvantage than the likes of Derby or Cardiff?

Or is it just a statement of the bleeding obvious that if JFH had picked up 2 or 3 more points, we wouldn't have had such a close shave with relegation?

Because if it was the latter, and we had 3 extra points when he was sacked, then we would have been in 12th place and he probably wouldn't have been sacked... yet.
Then add Ollie's measly 33 points on top of that and we still have slumped 4 places to finish 16th.

I don't really care about Derby or Cardiff, not sure what they have to do with us, am struggling to understand the point your are making really and why you've had a pop at me.

Of course if JFH had won 3 more points we'd have finished higher but he didn't, would be like saying if Holloway got 3 more points we'd have been higher, or if we had equalised against Fulham we'd be higher, didn't happen though.

I'm not really trying to make a clever point here, I just think it's all very well saying the points won under JFH kept us up last season, of course they contributed thats obvious but he also lost a few as well which is why he was sacked and part of the reason why we didn't have a good season.
I know it's the Sun, but... on 23:23 - Oct 16 with 1125 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Being QPR in the transfer market is like bringing a knife to a gun fight. Not sure Jacket or anyone can change that or would make much of a difference

Lets just enjoy the football and stop worrying about what bollocks that shit rag says eh. We can all say 'I was there when' in five to ten years time when we pull a Burnley. It took them fvcking ages.
I know it's the Sun, but... on 02:59 - Oct 17 with 1058 viewssuperhoopdownunder

I know it's the Sun, but... on 21:15 - Oct 16 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Me not thinking lol

For me the team has improved and we are playing better football (albeit without the results)
Our goalkeepers (Smithies and Lumley are excellent)
Our defence has had plenty of injuries which has not helped
Our midfield is excellent - one of the best in this division
Our goalscorers are not scoring consistently enough
Washington has proved to be a poor signing - 10 goals in 65 games (mostly games he has started in)
Mackie has only scored 5 times in 41 appearances in this spell at the club
Smith has scored 7 goals in 21 appearances
Sylla has scored 12 goals in 40 games (often starts on the bench)
Smith and Sylla are worth keeping - although maybe as the second forward not the main goalscorer
I would get rid of Washington and Mackie and get Eze back from Wycombe

In the old days (before 2002) I am sure Ian Holloway would have gone out and improved the defence and goalscorers in the middle of the season - however with the transfer window in place we have to wait until January.
We also need to remember we have very little money compared with many teams in the Championship - so may need to sell first before we can buy a goalscorer.

What I am looking for during the next 2 transfer windows is
to trim the squad by
moving on people like Caulker and Jet
moving on some fringe players (there are loads of them)
move on Matt Ingham (surplus to requirements)
Get rid of some of the 7 wingers we currently have
Buy a quality centre half, right back and a goalscorer

I am confident this will start to be addressed in the next transfer window and the one over the summer.

We have to remember we are rebuilding and this does not happen overnight

U R's
[Post edited 17 Oct 2017 3:06]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024