Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I know it's the Sun, but... 01:53 - Oct 15 with 19739 viewsloftinoz

Any truth in this?
Portsmouth's Kenny Jackett has emerged as a strong contender to take over at QPR
Don't know how to post a link properly, sorry.
I know it's the Sun, but... on 18:46 - Oct 17 with 1528 viewsPinnerPaul

I know it's the Sun, but... on 07:26 - Oct 17 by Northolt_Rs

Two batches of six losses on the spin in less than one season cannot be a lottery.... Plus I think we are now 9 games without a win. Those miserable stats can’t just be down to bad luck. He’d be out of a job at any other club in the entire football league - assuming he would’ve been offered one in the first place of course.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2017 7:29]

Well to say he would be out of a job at any other club is nonsense as I don't think every other club below 14th in 'every other league' has changed manager this season have they?
I know it's the Sun, but... on 21:26 - Oct 17 with 1486 viewsQPR_John

I know it's the Sun, but... on 18:42 - Oct 17 by PinnerPaul

My problem is that very rarely MUST something be done in football terms in the middle of October - even Bolton and Palace won last weekend.

To say if we do nothing things will stay the same or get worse is just guesswork/your opinion.

"To say if we do nothing things will stay the same or get worse is just guesswork/your opinion."

As is always the case when attempting to predict the future
I know it's the Sun, but... on 21:42 - Oct 17 with 1460 viewsNortholt_Rs

I know it's the Sun, but... on 10:14 - Oct 17 by CroydonCaptJack

No I just prefer more accurate figures really. Adding 50% to six is quite a bit out.

We should have had a lot more points from those six games I will agree on that.

Ho-hum. Ok I’ll bite:

22/8/2017 QPR 1 Brentford 4
26/8/2017 Cardiff 2 QPR 1
9/9/2017 QPR 2 Ipswich 1
12/9/2017 QPR 2 Millwallscum 2
16/9/2017 Middlesbrough 3 QPR 2
23/9/2017 QPR 0 Burton Albion 0
26/9/2017 Barnsley 0 QPR 0
29/9/2017 QPR 1 Fulham 2
14/10/2017 Sunderland 1 QPR 1

So 1 win in the last 9 games. LLWDLDDLD
[Post edited 17 Oct 2017 21:52]

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

I know it's the Sun, but... on 22:01 - Oct 17 with 1435 viewsdaveB

I suppose it all depends on what you want from QPR.

If you want to win every week and care only about results then I can see why you'd want to change managers as on paper results haven't been good.

But if you want to see a team giving it their all every week and fighting for the shirt, with players showing improvement and playing some decent football and you realise with the manager working under financial restrictions and has lost some key players to injury plus having put a scouting team in place he's not been able to utilise yet then you'll probably be happy enough with the season so far and be confused as to why anyone would want to change again.

I'm sure Holloway will be gone before Christmas and the whole thing starts again but much like with every manager under Fernandes it will be pressure from the fans which forces the change and then the same fans putting that pressure on will be calling the owners idiots a few months later for changing managers too often.
I know it's the Sun, but... on 22:06 - Oct 17 with 1425 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I know it's the Sun, but... on 21:42 - Oct 17 by Northolt_Rs

Ho-hum. Ok I’ll bite:

9/9/2017 QPR 2 Ipswich 1
29/9/2017 QPR 1 Fulham 2

Mate have a day off. You're bumming everyone out. Have you tried getting behind the team anyway?
[Post edited 17 Oct 2017 22:07]
I know it's the Sun, but... on 22:11 - Oct 17 with 1412 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I know it's the Sun, but... on 22:01 - Oct 17 by daveB

I suppose it all depends on what you want from QPR.

If you want to win every week and care only about results then I can see why you'd want to change managers as on paper results haven't been good.

But if you want to see a team giving it their all every week and fighting for the shirt, with players showing improvement and playing some decent football and you realise with the manager working under financial restrictions and has lost some key players to injury plus having put a scouting team in place he's not been able to utilise yet then you'll probably be happy enough with the season so far and be confused as to why anyone would want to change again.

I'm sure Holloway will be gone before Christmas and the whole thing starts again but much like with every manager under Fernandes it will be pressure from the fans which forces the change and then the same fans putting that pressure on will be calling the owners idiots a few months later for changing managers too often.

'I suppose it all depends on what you want from QPR'

LFW debate in a nutshell.

I'm here for the Balti pies, and more recently the fvcking pride which has been in hiding since 2011.
I know it's the Sun, but... on 22:11 - Oct 17 with 1411 viewslave16

Ho-hum. Ok I’ll bite:

9/9/2017 QPR 2 Ipswich 1
29/9/2017 QPR 1 Fulham 2

LLWDLDDLD -is it a town in Wales

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

I know it's the Sun, but... on 22:27 - Oct 17 with 1381 viewsPunteR

Is it really too much to ask to get a manager through to the end of the season without some sort of drama or upheaval.. ?
Am i right in thinking that the last 2 times with stuck with the manager through a season we've actually got promoted..?
I'm not saying if we stick with Ollie we'll get promoted but whenever has sacking a manager halfway through the season ever improved us dramatically and brought us success..?I cant think of one.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Login to get fewer ads

I know it's the Sun, but... on 22:53 - Oct 17 with 1351 viewsNortholt_Rs

I know it's the Sun, but... on 22:06 - Oct 17 by BazzaInTheLoft

Mate have a day off. You're bumming everyone out. Have you tried getting behind the team anyway?
[Post edited 17 Oct 2017 22:07]

By pretending those results aren’t true?

I know it's the Sun, but... on 22:53 - Oct 17 with 1351 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Ho-hum. Ok I’ll bite:

9/9/2017 QPR 2 Ipswich 1
29/9/2017 QPR 1 Fulham 2

Ok so apart from Brentford, (argggh i'd forgotten about that) we've had 3 single goal defeats out of the last 8. Away to Cardiff, Boro and home to Fulham. It's hardly a meltdown. I reckon 8 points from the next 12 is doable?

Poll: Expectations for this season?

I know it's the Sun, but... on 23:08 - Oct 17 with 1326 viewsdaveB

I know it's the Sun, but... on 22:53 - Oct 17 by Northolt_Rs

not really about pretending results are not true, you can spin the numbers whichever way you want, your one win in the last 8 league games is another mans only losing 2 of the last 7 games. They both amount to the same thing, neither are that impressive but one sounds worse than the other

The numbers will only ever tell you so much it's understanding why they are happening. We've played pretty well and really just lacked a bit of quality in the final third. We're creating chances, the defence has not been terrible especially when you consider the injuries we have so I think overall this season 14th is a fair reflection of how good the squad is and how we've done, decent but could be better and could be a lot worse.

I won't pretend to know how the next few months will go, knowing QPR it will probably all go wrong but I hope we manage to avoid having to change managers again in November, the players at the moment are giving everything they have so not sure a new voice is going to get much more out of them.

To me we are a mid table squad playing like a mid table team and I'm alright with that
[Post edited 17 Oct 2017 23:10]
I know it's the Sun, but... on 23:12 - Oct 17 with 1315 viewslave16

I know it's the Sun, but... on 22:27 - Oct 17 by PunteR

Is it really too much to ask to get a manager through to the end of the season without some sort of drama or upheaval.. ?
Am i right in thinking that the last 2 times with stuck with the manager through a season we've actually got promoted..?
I'm not saying if we stick with Ollie we'll get promoted but whenever has sacking a manager halfway through the season ever improved us dramatically and brought us success..?I cant think of one.

I know we normally have the annual November manager merry go round but....

But given the formula below the only safe months for QPR managers post 2000 are June, July and August. Therefore its gonna be tough for Ollie as - Computer Says No..
Although personally I think we should keep him.

if year > 2000 & Manager = (English )
then Change in January, February, March, May, September,October, November, December
else if Manager = (Irish)
then Change in September
else if Manager = (Northern Irish)
then Change in October, December
else if Manager = (Italain)
then Change in May
else if Manager = (Portuguese)
then Change in April
else if Manager = (Welsh)
then Change in November
else if Manager Successful
then Change when Joey Barton Complains

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

I know it's the Sun, but... on 23:13 - Oct 17 with 1311 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

If you took on QPR as a club for the results then I have some bad news for you.
I know it's the Sun, but... on 23:16 - Oct 17 with 1311 viewsdaveB

In the last 20 years only Holloway, Francis, Warnock and Redknapp have been manager for an entire season. 3 of those won promotion

Every other manager didn't complete a full season that sorry list reads Houston, Harford, Waddock, Gregory, Dowie, Sousa, Magilton, Hughes, Ramsey, JFH
I know it's the Sun, but... on 23:17 - Oct 17 with 1309 viewsisawqpratwcity

Are you actually helping your case? One of the managers you referred to was dear 'Arry, who was appointed to replace the deservedly-sacked Hughes on November 24, relegated, but then re-promoted. The other was Warnock, appointed on March 2 (almost suicidally late!) of the season before his amazing promotion season.

Nor was there any reason to question either manager's performance at this stage of their second season. Warnock was 8-3-0, Redknapp was 8-2-0. Holloway is 3-5-4 after an overall poor showing last season.

But 3-5-4 isn't too bad yet. Let's see how he goes over the next couple of months.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

I know it's the Sun, but... on 23:51 - Oct 17 with 1268 viewsPunteR

I know it's the Sun, but... on 23:17 - Oct 17 by isawqpratwcity

Are you actually helping your case? One of the managers you referred to was dear 'Arry, who was appointed to replace the deservedly-sacked Hughes on November 24, relegated, but then re-promoted. The other was Warnock, appointed on March 2 (almost suicidally late!) of the season before his amazing promotion season.

Nor was there any reason to question either manager's performance at this stage of their second season. Warnock was 8-3-0, Redknapp was 8-2-0. Holloway is 3-5-4 after an overall poor showing last season.

But 3-5-4 isn't too bad yet. Let's see how he goes over the next couple of months.

Wasnt the season Warnock was appointed in we had Mick Harford who was thecaretaker manager after Paul Hart, Steve Gallen, Marc Bircham and Jim Magilton..?
6 managers..?
Maybe your right, maybe we're just not sacking managers quick enough anymore..

I know it's the Sun, but... on 23:53 - Oct 17 with 1263 viewsPunteR

I know it's the Sun, but... on 23:16 - Oct 17 by daveB

In the last 20 years only Holloway, Francis, Warnock and Redknapp have been manager for an entire season. 3 of those won promotion

Every other manager didn't complete a full season that sorry list reads Houston, Harford, Waddock, Gregory, Dowie, Sousa, Magilton, Hughes, Ramsey, JFH

"In the last 20 years only Holloway, Francis, Warnock and Redknapp have been manager for an entire season. 3 of those won promotion"

Pretty amazing stat that.

I know it's the Sun, but... on 03:38 - Oct 18 with 1219 viewstimcocking

Said it before, saying it again, what have the results got to do with anything? It's the Championship, toss a coin. If i win 5 heads in a row, am i good at tossing a coin? Am i then rubbish when 3 tails comes up? What about if heads are missing all their centre backs? What about if we used goal line technology so we beat Middlesborough away? Like we should have beaten Sunderland away? Without any defence or attack.

I love having Les, Ollie, Bircham, Andy Sinton around the place and i think Tony Fernandes is a fantastic person, albeit i wish he'd keep off twitter.

The only thing that Ollie's done which is unforgiveable, is his retarded and incorrect attitude towards cups, especially that fcuking Brentford game, that p!ssed me off.
I know it's the Sun, but... on 03:41 - Oct 18 with 1217 viewstimcocking

I know it's the Sun, but... on 23:08 - Oct 17 by daveB

not really about pretending results are not true, you can spin the numbers whichever way you want, your one win in the last 8 league games is another mans only losing 2 of the last 7 games. They both amount to the same thing, neither are that impressive but one sounds worse than the other

The numbers will only ever tell you so much it's understanding why they are happening. We've played pretty well and really just lacked a bit of quality in the final third. We're creating chances, the defence has not been terrible especially when you consider the injuries we have so I think overall this season 14th is a fair reflection of how good the squad is and how we've done, decent but could be better and could be a lot worse.

I won't pretend to know how the next few months will go, knowing QPR it will probably all go wrong but I hope we manage to avoid having to change managers again in November, the players at the moment are giving everything they have so not sure a new voice is going to get much more out of them.

To me we are a mid table squad playing like a mid table team and I'm alright with that
[Post edited 17 Oct 2017 23:10]

So obviously correct...

Ps But if anything, we've been playing better than a mid-table team. We've been looking pretty good.
I know it's the Sun, but... on 07:13 - Oct 18 with 1154 viewsCamberleyR

Ho-hum. Ok I’ll bite:

9/9/2017 QPR 2 Ipswich 1
29/9/2017 QPR 1 Fulham 2

So it's not "nine games without a win" like you posted earlier in the thread then?

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

I know it's the Sun, but... on 08:07 - Oct 18 with 1113 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Ho-hum. Ok I’ll bite:

9/9/2017 QPR 2 Ipswich 1
29/9/2017 QPR 1 Fulham 2

I am not sure what you were 'biting' at?
I merely pointed out we had not won in six rather than the nine you quoted. If you had said we have only won one in nine in the first place you wouldn't have to 'bite'
I know it's the Sun, but... on 08:15 - Oct 18 with 1107 viewsTheChef

I know it's the Sun, but... on 23:53 - Oct 17 by PunteR

"In the last 20 years only Holloway, Francis, Warnock and Redknapp have been manager for an entire season. 3 of those won promotion"

Pretty amazing stat that.

Yep - a pretty damning indictment that!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

I know it's the Sun, but... on 08:42 - Oct 18 with 1076 viewsTacticalR

Goals are too expensive and not for the likes of us.

Air hostess clique

I know it's the Sun, but... on 09:11 - Oct 18 with 1047 viewsNortholt_Rs

I know it's the Sun, but... on 07:13 - Oct 18 by CamberleyR

So it's not "nine games without a win" like you posted earlier in the thread then?

And already corrected in an earlier thread too. It is in fact a scintillating 1 win in the last 9 games.
[Post edited 18 Oct 2017 9:11]

I know it's the Sun, but... on 09:13 - Oct 18 with 1043 viewsNortholt_Rs

I know it's the Sun, but... on 08:07 - Oct 18 by CroydonCaptJack

I am not sure what you were 'biting' at?
I merely pointed out we had not won in six rather than the nine you quoted. If you had said we have only won one in nine in the first place you wouldn't have to 'bite'

Ok. Here you go - we have won 1 game in the last 9 we have played.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024