Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I know it's the Sun, but... 01:53 - Oct 15 with 19737 viewsloftinoz

Any truth in this?
Portsmouth's Kenny Jackett has emerged as a strong contender to take over at QPR
Don't know how to post a link properly, sorry.
I know it's the Sun, but... on 18:22 - Oct 19 with 1117 viewsPinnerPaul

I know it's the Sun, but... on 10:31 - Oct 19 by daveB

I said the same thing about JFH when he was manager but it really was dull under him and got to a point when a change was needed

Yeah agree it was dull AND, like you, I'm enjoying this season better, but as subsequent results have proved a change was hardly 'needed' nor have we improved points per game wise.

As, I think it was you said, we are a mid table team playing like one - I don't think that would be drastically different under JFH, or even Chris Ramsey for that matter.
I know it's the Sun, but... on 19:11 - Oct 19 with 1073 viewsRoller

I know it's the Sun, but... on 17:00 - Oct 19 by QPR_John

You know as well as me if they had imposed a £60M fine they would have been laughed out of court
[Post edited 19 Oct 2017 17:01]

OK, I shouldn't have added the glib comment as it has deflected your focus away from the question, even if the £50 to £60 million fine would be the result of how we performed a contract that we willingly agreed to.

Why do you think it is all their doing? Personally I'd have thought we are just as guilty in dragging this out and, quite frankly, would be very disappointing if we weren't.
I know it's the Sun, but... on 19:54 - Oct 19 with 1039 viewsdaveB

I know it's the Sun, but... on 18:22 - Oct 19 by PinnerPaul

Yeah agree it was dull AND, like you, I'm enjoying this season better, but as subsequent results have proved a change was hardly 'needed' nor have we improved points per game wise.

As, I think it was you said, we are a mid table team playing like one - I don't think that would be drastically different under JFH, or even Chris Ramsey for that matter.

results wise it might not be massively different but i'd rather watch this team than the one JFH was putting out
I know it's the Sun, but... on 19:56 - Oct 19 with 1032 viewsBenny_the_Ball

I know it's the Sun, but... on 16:18 - Oct 18 by johncharles

I think that's what he said.

No, he didn't. Read it again.
I know it's the Sun, but... on 20:06 - Oct 19 with 1019 viewsBenny_the_Ball

I know it's the Sun, but... on 16:11 - Oct 19 by Esox_Lucius

I can't find the part of my post where I stated that I go to QPR to watch them lose? Would you please enlighten me?

It was a question. Consider the following quotes:

"IMO, anyone who is watching QPR to see them win all the time is definitely following the wrong team".

"I would have been happy for us to avoid relegation this season and see some improvements in the teams play".

"I think I will be happy come the end of the season as things stand".

All of these suggest that you're perfectly happy to put up with poor results and a lowly league position provided we avoid relegation and you see signs of progress in the style of play.

Don't get me wrong, there's plenty of mileage in some of what you say but personally I'd like a bit more than flirting with relegation, especially having avoided it by the skin of our teeth last season
[Post edited 19 Oct 2017 20:14]
I know it's the Sun, but... on 20:15 - Oct 19 with 1002 viewsBenny_the_Ball

I know it's the Sun, but... on 17:27 - Oct 15 by Northernr

But as said, standing still in a league is actually an achievement if you're trying to cut your wage bill as dramatically as we are.

I agree but at the moment we're not standing still, we're slipping down the table.
I know it's the Sun, but... on 20:38 - Oct 19 with 981 viewsQPR_John

I know it's the Sun, but... on 19:11 - Oct 19 by Roller

OK, I shouldn't have added the glib comment as it has deflected your focus away from the question, even if the £50 to £60 million fine would be the result of how we performed a contract that we willingly agreed to.

Why do you think it is all their doing? Personally I'd have thought we are just as guilty in dragging this out and, quite frankly, would be very disappointing if we weren't.

It clearly is in the FL interest to not come to a conclusion. If they were confident they would simply fine us mabe not £60M but some financial penalty. However if the case is concluded the FL could be open to compensation claims if we are not fined.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2017 20:41]
I know it's the Sun, but... on 21:46 - Oct 19 with 941 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

So in conclusion....

Handful of people pop out the woodwork after a dip of results and have a good old pop at the manager and players.

Usual suspects (including myself) react in defence of the manager and team.

Everyone logs off having not changed their opinion.
Login to get fewer ads

I know it's the Sun, but... on 22:01 - Oct 19 with 925 viewsEsox_Lucius

I know it's the Sun, but... on 20:06 - Oct 19 by Benny_the_Ball

It was a question. Consider the following quotes:

"IMO, anyone who is watching QPR to see them win all the time is definitely following the wrong team".

"I would have been happy for us to avoid relegation this season and see some improvements in the teams play".

"I think I will be happy come the end of the season as things stand".

All of these suggest that you're perfectly happy to put up with poor results and a lowly league position provided we avoid relegation and you see signs of progress in the style of play.

Don't get me wrong, there's plenty of mileage in some of what you say but personally I'd like a bit more than flirting with relegation, especially having avoided it by the skin of our teeth last season
[Post edited 19 Oct 2017 20:14]

The poor results don't make me happy, far from it; it can be a very long drive back to North Oxford after a game we have lost but the pragmatist in me says that it is no more than I thought would happen this season. Before the first game there were lenty of posters ear marking us for relegation and pondering upon the shite that was served up the previous season and Holloways two losing streaks. I was one of those who thought it would be an attritional season again and have been pleasantly surprised to watch some good football, a number of wins and a much better attitude this season. I'll still be happy if we don't get relegated and more so if we finish safely in the middle of the table as I am more than aware that we are operating on a shoestring and lack a prolific striker. Two years ago I stated on a FB page that I thought it would QPR 5-7 years to become competitive again and may even flirt with a season or two in a lower league before the green shoots of recovery flourished. As long as I see the team giving their all, as I have done this season, I will swallow the hurt and abide by our song; "Whatever the season, we'll follow our team..." Pragmatism isn't settling for poor results, it is accepting that it could happen in our current plight. I still don't have to be happy about it, and I won't be.

The grass is always greener.

I know it's the Sun, but... on 22:16 - Oct 19 with 909 viewsNortholt_Rs

I know it's the Sun, but... on 10:56 - Oct 19 by paulparker

Im not Ollys biggest fan but he needs another 2 seasons at least
think back to 3 years ago and when Arry, Bondy, Joe and co were running us into the ground, every away game was a bonus and we were buying cripples like sandro ,Niko, & Rio as well as selling our only right back
we were a mess and when Les took over as DOF we all said we wanted QPR men in charge through out the club , well we have that now and Les by and large as done a decent job I don't agree with everything but lets face it was a real mess Les inherited and we are now starting to see progress from the hard work he and the others have put in place it doesn't happen over night but its getting there
the fact of the matter is the league we are in now has basically become a premier league 2 over the last 2 seasons and we cannot complete with Wolves, Sheff wed, Villa, Fulham, Reading, Bristol City , Norwich, Middleborough , Birmingham , Cardiff on a financial front and its only going to get harder with the 3 clubs coming down next year
we have to say we have been unlucky with injuries at the back but at least we have competed following QPR has always been the same do well against the big clubs lose to the likes of Bolton , that's us
where I think Olly needs help is his staff , I love Birch but I don't know a lot about him as a coach again I could be wrong but I think we need a strong number 2 a McLaren or a mulensteen or even a keith curle to help olly who's biggest asset is his man management ,
anyway im rambling on but I like this QPR to the of QPR 4/5 years ago so lets keep the faith

Great post PP. So do we stick with Ollie even if it gets really hairy and we look like going down? We were lucky to survive last season and I wonder what would happen to the club if we did end up in League One. Hopefully Washington and co. start finding the back of the net starting Saturday and we can kick on. The side is making chances but just not converting them. A win at Bolton will make things look much better for sure. COYRs!!!!

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

I know it's the Sun, but... on 00:42 - Oct 20 with 784 viewsBenny_the_Ball

I know it's the Sun, but... on 22:01 - Oct 19 by Esox_Lucius

The poor results don't make me happy, far from it; it can be a very long drive back to North Oxford after a game we have lost but the pragmatist in me says that it is no more than I thought would happen this season. Before the first game there were lenty of posters ear marking us for relegation and pondering upon the shite that was served up the previous season and Holloways two losing streaks. I was one of those who thought it would be an attritional season again and have been pleasantly surprised to watch some good football, a number of wins and a much better attitude this season. I'll still be happy if we don't get relegated and more so if we finish safely in the middle of the table as I am more than aware that we are operating on a shoestring and lack a prolific striker. Two years ago I stated on a FB page that I thought it would QPR 5-7 years to become competitive again and may even flirt with a season or two in a lower league before the green shoots of recovery flourished. As long as I see the team giving their all, as I have done this season, I will swallow the hurt and abide by our song; "Whatever the season, we'll follow our team..." Pragmatism isn't settling for poor results, it is accepting that it could happen in our current plight. I still don't have to be happy about it, and I won't be.

I guess that depends on how you define pragmatism. I'd settle for a comfortable mid-table finish and some away wins so the players don't go into next season with that monkey still on their backs. I'd also like us to see games out when we take the lead. We've lost far too many points this season from winning positions.

I actually don't think we're that far away from being a good side; perhaps a centre-back and genuine goalscorer. With Scowen now owning the holding midfield role it'll be interesting to see what impact Hall makes when he returns to the side.

I'd like to see Holloway get a few wins and climb the table soon, not because I demand to see a winning team, but because it'll provide some breathing space and keep the vultures at bay. The club can then concentrate on retaining its best players and continuing to develop the squad.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024