Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR vs Leeds Utd in 1992. 23:52 - Oct 15 with 2299 viewsSnipper

How bloody good were we back then? We tore Man Utd a new one the same season.

QPR vs Leeds Utd in 1992. on 00:13 - Oct 16 with 2288 viewsBrianMcCarthy

One of the very best games I've seen from Rangers.

Underrated players in that team such as Allen and Impey but leaders like Holloway and Wilkins made them into damn good players in time. We were a great unit back then. It occurred to me recently that when you showed up at the ground and heard that one of the first eleven was out and replaced by a lesser light you never panicked. The team was good enough to absorb a change or two.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

QPR vs Leeds Utd in 1992. on 05:56 - Oct 16 with 2234 viewsstowmarketrange

Three things about that game.
1.We were a very good team and with just a couple of additions we could’ve gone close to the title,and those were the days when only a few million £s could make a big difference rather than the hundreds of millions today.
2.Tom the steward appearing after the 3rd goal.Is he still around?I remember him keeping us kids under control in the loft in the 70’s,and I was wondering if he still is a steward at the club?
3.A personal appearance by myself on the telly after the Wilson penalty,and also the lack of replica shirts around then compared to now.
Happy days.
QPR vs Leeds Utd in 1992. on 09:05 - Oct 16 with 2182 viewsMoonshineSteve

Tom is still around. Works in the Paddocks as, I believe, disabled fan liaison.

I am still Steve but no longer in Dagenham.

QPR vs Leeds Utd in 1992. on 10:50 - Oct 16 with 2139 viewsBrianMcCarthy

QPR vs Leeds Utd in 1992. on 09:05 - Oct 16 by MoonshineSteve

Good to hear.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

QPR vs Leeds Utd in 1992. on 12:52 - Oct 16 with 2068 viewsstowmarketrange

QPR vs Leeds Utd in 1992. on 09:05 - Oct 16 by MoonshineSteve

Thanks for the info.
QPR vs Leeds Utd in 1992. on 13:12 - Oct 16 with 2038 viewsdaveB

The week before we sold Wegerle to absolute up roar, we then beat City 4-0 on the Saturday Leeds 4-1 midweek then won at Villa 1-0 and that really turned the season around as we had been struggling in the first half of that season
QPR vs Leeds Utd in 1992. on 13:44 - Oct 16 with 2003 viewsCamberleyR

QPR vs Leeds Utd in 1992. on 13:12 - Oct 16 by daveB

The week before we sold Wegerle to absolute up roar, we then beat City 4-0 on the Saturday Leeds 4-1 midweek then won at Villa 1-0 and that really turned the season around as we had been struggling in the first half of that season

Leeds were soon to be champions as well don't forget.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

QPR vs Leeds Utd in 1992. on 14:16 - Oct 16 with 1983 viewsToast_R

Was Cantona playing in that match?

I remember having that run of three results tipex'd on to my pencil case.
Login to get fewer ads

QPR vs Leeds Utd in 1992. on 11:01 - Oct 17 with 1802 viewspaulparker

QPR vs Leeds Utd in 1992. on 13:12 - Oct 16 by daveB

i remember the City game after we sold Wegerle and I was in the loft and the whole end was singing Richard Thompson is a vvanker, but that all went quiet when I think it was impeys debut and he ran them ragged , that I think was also the city game that Rodney was special guest and the chants of RODNEEEEEEEEEEEEE was going around the stadium
actually we really were a special team then , the teams of 1990, 1992 & 1993 should have really won something and had a run in Europe , I actually think we would have beaten most teams in Europe in that time bar Ac Milan

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

QPR vs Leeds Utd in 1992. on 11:50 - Oct 17 with 1773 viewsAntti_Heinola

QPR vs Leeds Utd in 1992. on 00:13 - Oct 16 by BrianMcCarthy

One of the very best games I've seen from Rangers.

Underrated players in that team such as Allen and Impey but leaders like Holloway and Wilkins made them into damn good players in time. We were a great unit back then. It occurred to me recently that when you showed up at the ground and heard that one of the first eleven was out and replaced by a lesser light you never panicked. The team was good enough to absorb a change or two.

agree, but it was only a change or two. Had Thompson invested when Gerry wanted him to, who knows what might have happened!

Bare bones.

QPR vs Leeds Utd in 1992. on 12:57 - Oct 17 with 1734 viewsSnipper

QPR vs Leeds Utd in 1992. on 11:50 - Oct 17 by Antti_Heinola

agree, but it was only a change or two. Had Thompson invested when Gerry wanted him to, who knows what might have happened!

IMO, even if Thompson had given Gerry Francis the funds to strengthen and he bought wisely, we wouldn't have stopped the bids coming in for our better players. I still think Darren Peacock and Andy Sinton would've gone to Newcastle and Sheffield Weds respectively.

At the end of the day, they were bigger clubs who'd pay bigger wages.

As for what paulparker said about beating teams in Europe, I remember a Johnny Giles column in The Daily Express after we'd beat Man Utd 4-1 the same season. He said QPR would've beat most teams in Europe with that display. He also said we was a joy to watch.
QPR vs Leeds Utd in 1992. on 20:59 - Oct 18 with 1554 viewsHarbour

Awsome performance what a team liked we were bettering them but just kept going
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024