Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How's Ophelia treating you, Brian? 12:00 - Oct 16 with 1617 viewsMrSheen

May all your trees stay upright. Kerry looks to have been lucky this time.
How's Ophelia treating you, Brian? on 01:04 - Oct 17 with 1515 viewsBoston

Those his slippers sticking out from under Turners Cross?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

How's Ophelia treating you, Brian? on 08:06 - Oct 17 with 1463 viewsWokingR

How's Ophelia treating you, Brian? on 01:04 - Oct 17 by Boston

Those his slippers sticking out from under Turners Cross?

Anything you want to tell us Brian ?
How's Ophelia treating you, Brian? on 08:16 - Oct 17 with 1455 viewsBrianMcCarthy

How's Ophelia treating you, Brian? on 08:06 - Oct 17 by WokingR

Anything you want to tell us Brian ?

It's just role-playing, lads. Nothing wrong with it. Is there?

Nah, no injuries or damage to report thanks lads. Other places got it worse, poor hoors.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

How's Ophelia treating you, Brian? on 08:47 - Oct 17 with 1431 viewsMrSheen

How's Ophelia treating you, Brian? on 08:16 - Oct 17 by BrianMcCarthy

It's just role-playing, lads. Nothing wrong with it. Is there?

Nah, no injuries or damage to report thanks lads. Other places got it worse, poor hoors.

I saw the flying gym roof. Amazing no-one wasn't killed. Where's the power down?
How's Ophelia treating you, Brian? on 11:36 - Oct 17 with 1361 viewsBrianMcCarthy

How's Ophelia treating you, Brian? on 08:47 - Oct 17 by MrSheen

I saw the flying gym roof. Amazing no-one wasn't killed. Where's the power down?

Think it was only out a few hours in most places, Sheen.

My next door neighbour lost the washing off the line.

Carnage.

How's Ophelia treating you, Brian? on 12:23 - Oct 17 with 1322 viewsrobith

My wife has been stranded in Belfast for 2 days so I went to the pub last night so it's not all bad
How's Ophelia treating you, Brian? on 12:29 - Oct 17 with 1316 viewsPommyhoop

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

How's Ophelia treating you, Brian? on 17:34 - Oct 17 with 1236 viewsjohncharles

I heard the West coast of Wales was getting a battering.
(the EAST coast was okay though

Strong and stable my arse.

Login to get fewer ads

How's Ophelia treating you, Brian? on 18:50 - Oct 17 with 1210 viewsBoston

How's Ophelia treating you, Brian? on 17:34 - Oct 17 by johncharles

I heard the West coast of Wales was getting a battering.
(the EAST coast was okay though

Fcuk Offa.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:18 - Oct 17 with 1176 viewsjohncharles

How's Ophelia treating you, Brian? on 12:23 - Oct 17 by robith

My wife has been stranded in Belfast for 2 days so I went to the pub last night so it's not all bad

Strong and stable my arse.

How's Ophelia treating you, Brian? on 00:17 - Oct 18 with 1104 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I'm in The Azores at the moment (as a break away from the 15 angry dobermans I keep at the house) and the locals were getting pissed off with CNN going on about potential damage to the UK and Ireland while half the island was getting fvcked up.
How's Ophelia treating you, Brian? on 09:03 - Oct 18 with 1049 viewsBrianMcCarthy

How's Ophelia treating you, Brian? on 00:17 - Oct 18 by BazzaInTheLoft

I'm in The Azores at the moment (as a break away from the 15 angry dobermans I keep at the house) and the locals were getting pissed off with CNN going on about potential damage to the UK and Ireland while half the island was getting fvcked up.

I agree with them. I don't want to make light of it as three people died but the hyperbole on Sky and other TV channels about Ireland was OTT even by their standards. It was a storm by definition. Even in the build-up it was being present as apocalyptical. As ever, they will inflate news depending on whether they can get film of it to show - if they can, it's news, if they can't then forget it. Other areas of the world suffer horrendous natural disasters and we never get to hear about them.

How's Ophelia treating you, Brian? on 10:23 - Oct 18 with 1022 viewsEastR

How's Ophelia treating you, Brian? on 09:03 - Oct 18 by BrianMcCarthy

I agree with them. I don't want to make light of it as three people died but the hyperbole on Sky and other TV channels about Ireland was OTT even by their standards. It was a storm by definition. Even in the build-up it was being present as apocalyptical. As ever, they will inflate news depending on whether they can get film of it to show - if they can, it's news, if they can't then forget it. Other areas of the world suffer horrendous natural disasters and we never get to hear about them.

one of the many ways in which modern life is rubbish, those 24 hour news channels need constant feeding

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

How's Ophelia treating you, Brian? on 11:27 - Oct 18 with 1000 viewsMrSheen

To be fair, the Irish government did class it as a national emergency. The news channels are hardly going to ignore that. It's not Raoul Moat or a royal baby, it's millions of people (potentially) in danger.
How's Ophelia treating you, Brian? on 12:53 - Oct 18 with 951 viewsMonahoop

RTE 1 devoted almost their entire day to reporting the storm and its progress, but they seem to run out of things to report after the tragic third death of the day near Dundalk mid afternoon. The storm began to peter out or lessen in intensity gradually once it reached Mayo. They kept reverting back to old reports or turning to the Met Eirann reporter to ask what could happen still. Some might see this as overkill. To me in someway it was, but to be fair the overall reportage was generally good and not over the top, sensationalist,'Oh my God' type reporting that Sky, ITV or the BBC seem to annoyingly portray to viewers these days. Alarmism seems to be the way with journalism today to gain attention.
The fact there were fewer casualties on Monday was down to good, advanced fore warnings by both the Irish and British weather institutions so contingency plans could be put in place if and where required. Many people were told to stay put and not venture out unless absolutely necessary. No one could say they weren't warned.
Re- Brian's post, there are indeed loads of natural disasters going on over the world that go unreported or get little attention, but people and journalists are really only interested or concerned if the disaster happens locally or where nationals of say Britain or Ireland are involved. Only so much can be reported or we would all be deluged with doom and gloom scenarios, and Christ, we experience enough of them naturally or not at present.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024