Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer Window and Managers 23:14 - Oct 16 with 959 viewsAntti_Heinola

The argument below about JFH and IH and all our other millions of managers got me thinking.
If we're going to have a transfer window system, and we know we are, shouldn't this apply to managers too? The whole point of a transfer windows is to make things fairer, not have transfers all season, so why not extend to managers? I appreciate this would royally fk some clubs, but then if you can change in January, you must be doing badly then if you're going to get relegated.
I think it'd be a good thing and might actually mean some managers stay in jobs for a lot longer, because they won't be obsessed with the next result and may be allowed to play a slightly longer game.
I always felt we should have committed to Warnock until the end of his Prem season, come what may, and I wouldn't be adverse to a cast iron guarantee that IH had to stay until next summer at the earliest.
Also would've meant Birmingham had to keep Redknapp until January, which would've been funny.

Bare bones.

Transfer Window and Managers on 23:17 - Oct 16 with 955 viewsdaveB

it would make clubs think a lot more about who they hire and give them a bit of time as well, really though it shouldn't need a transfer window for managers to allow clubs and fans to not act like lunatics every time they lose a few games or even draw one
Transfer Window and Managers on 00:35 - Oct 17 with 923 viewsisawqpratwcity

I can't see why people take relegation so lightly. Never mind the loss of prestige, it's a financial disaster, both from squad costs and reduced income. It can be an existential threat. No manager has the 'right' to visit that upon a club.

If relegation is looking likely, you do what you reasonably can to avoid it.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Transfer Window and Managers on 00:41 - Oct 17 with 920 viewsBoston

Sorry Antti, I'm anti your position...not anti enough to mark you down though.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Transfer Window and Managers on 09:28 - Oct 17 with 830 viewsfrancisbowles

It would stop managers being poached until the window but in reality it would probably mean current incumbents being sidelined and a caretaker in place officially or unofficially.

It could also mean someone who is in situ but has been offered another job in January, not being committed to his current role. Imagine HR in this situation!
Transfer Window and Managers on 13:12 - Oct 17 with 734 viewsQPR_John

Surely there is a problem with changing the manager at the same time you can change the players or would the manager window be different from the transfer window
Transfer Window and Managers on 15:12 - Oct 17 with 663 viewscolinallcars

Transfer Window and Managers on 13:12 - Oct 17 by QPR_John

Surely there is a problem with changing the manager at the same time you can change the players or would the manager window be different from the transfer window

I accuse you of.........logic !
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024