Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Vehicle Emissions - Real World v Lab Testing 15:36 - Oct 17 with 2669 viewsBenny_the_Ball

An interesting article on real world versus lab testing. Some surprising results that makes a mockery of Sadiq Khan's claim that newer diesels are less polluting and questions the accuracy of lab testing and motives behind the scrappage scheme. The results for the Nissan Qashqai are particularly surprising.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/resources/idt-sh/how_toxic_is_your_car_exhaust
[Post edited 17 Oct 2017 15:55]
Vehicle Emissions on 15:56 - Oct 17 with 2630 viewsBoston

Balance yer guilt mate, plant a tree at ...HonestBostonsCarbonCredit@'avingalaugh.com

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Vehicle Emissions on 17:25 - Oct 17 with 2554 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Vehicle Emissions on 15:56 - Oct 17 by Boston

Balance yer guilt mate, plant a tree at ...HonestBostonsCarbonCredit@'avingalaugh.com

After reading that I have no guilt!

For me the new ULEZ schemes that the London Mayor is bringing in are punitive and unfair. The government encouraged us to buy diesel cars and now we are being punished for taking their advice.

I understand the need for clean, lower-polluting vehicles but charging cars over 4 years old makes no sense to me. I'd be more than happy to pay based on emissions value, which is measured and recorded at the MOT stage. But this is conveniently ignored for car maker figures that in many cases have been shown to be inaccurate.
Vehicle Emissions - Real World v Lab Testing on 13:17 - Oct 18 with 2451 viewsJuzzie

All vehicle testing (emissions, mpg etc) should be done on the road in real world situations.

Of course, this'll never happen because they don't want the true figures known.

While we are at it.... who the fk agreed that the dashboard lights come on when you have your DRL's on? We are back to the time of year where every fukker is driving around without their main lights on, resulting in no rear lights at all, 'cos they see their dashboard lit up and assume their lights are therefore on.

[Post edited 18 Oct 2017 13:18]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024