Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why have Leicester sacked their manager today?? 19:07 - Oct 17 with 2984 viewsJAPRANGERS

Were they doing that badly??

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/41656917
[Post edited 17 Oct 2017 19:11]
Why have Leicester sacked their manager today?? on 19:17 - Oct 17 with 2944 viewsLblock

I've no idea how they are playing but that seems to have little impact these days.

We're not getting results at the moment and there's rumblings in respect of Ollie.
I was so vociferous that ODH , CandleFace and Hughesless had to go due to obvious terrible performances and a distinct lack of spirit - the latter two managed to combine that with shite results as well.
Our WhatsApp group is divided on the Ollie In / Out debate with the outters citing results and losing touch with promotion (in October) and slipping towards relegation (in October).
For me, I see a group of players all pulling the same direction and giving 100% and good performances all over the pitch but a struggle scoring. Our comparable results under ODH may even be marginally better at comparable stages but back then I could only see us going one way. Now I am hoping to see injured players returning and hopefully a run for Cilla and mid table foundations in place.

So returning to the Babes.... it's a results business! This is the club that sacked Ranieri some four months after he delivered them a miracle

Game is beyond mad

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Why have Leicester sacked their manager today?? on 19:59 - Oct 17 with 2859 viewsbosh67

Why have Leicester sacked their manager today?? on 19:17 - Oct 17 by Lblock

I've no idea how they are playing but that seems to have little impact these days.

We're not getting results at the moment and there's rumblings in respect of Ollie.
I was so vociferous that ODH , CandleFace and Hughesless had to go due to obvious terrible performances and a distinct lack of spirit - the latter two managed to combine that with shite results as well.
Our WhatsApp group is divided on the Ollie In / Out debate with the outters citing results and losing touch with promotion (in October) and slipping towards relegation (in October).
For me, I see a group of players all pulling the same direction and giving 100% and good performances all over the pitch but a struggle scoring. Our comparable results under ODH may even be marginally better at comparable stages but back then I could only see us going one way. Now I am hoping to see injured players returning and hopefully a run for Cilla and mid table foundations in place.

So returning to the Babes.... it's a results business! This is the club that sacked Ranieri some four months after he delivered them a miracle

Game is beyond mad

Very good post.

I don't think any of us know or understand the restrictions that Ollie is working under. I question some of his tactics, team selections, substitutions etc but he has done one thing, he's got a set of players playing like something of as team. Something we have lacked since Warnock's golden era. Basically Ollie has either managed us through near bankruptcy years ago or impending fine doom now. It can't be easy. He doesn't have any money to spend and he doesn't have the ability to bring in an amount of loan players because there is a limited budget on that too. Add to that a devastating defensive injury list.

We have slipped a bit recently but that is mainly due to us not being able to convert chances, rather than other teams that have barely created any chances.

It takes time to build a team, especially one that comes from what you have. That's why we need to keep Ollie in place... until Pep becomes available.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Why have Leicester sacked their manager today?? on 20:08 - Oct 17 with 2821 viewsjohncharles

Why have Leicester sacked their manager today?? on 19:17 - Oct 17 by Lblock

Game is beyond mad

Well said
And how about some optimism ? We have some good young players coming through. Check out the great comeback win against Charlton. Holloway is doing a good job at the moment.
Meanwhile, in cloud cuckoo land ..........

Strong and stable my arse.

Why have Leicester sacked their manager today?? on 20:22 - Oct 17 with 2793 views2Thomas2Bowles

Like under CR the players have down tools again to get rid of the manager, can't be arsed with all the ££££££ they are on

Saying that Arsenal, Manchester United, Chelsea and Liverpool in the first six league games not helpful for any manager.

As soon as I saw this I just know the Olly haters will be out to say we should sack IH on the same bases..results

LCFC could get in a big name manager and they would have a fat wedge to spend in Jan.. we can't and won't.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Why have Leicester sacked their manager today?? on 21:04 - Oct 17 with 2716 viewsdaveB

Michael Appelton will be pleased, quit Oxford for a return to the prem as Assistant to Shakesphere and now out of work in October
Why have Leicester sacked their manager today?? on 21:52 - Oct 17 with 2612 viewsDejR_vu

Why have Leicester sacked their manager today?? on 19:59 - Oct 17 by bosh67

Very good post.

I don't think any of us know or understand the restrictions that Ollie is working under. I question some of his tactics, team selections, substitutions etc but he has done one thing, he's got a set of players playing like something of as team. Something we have lacked since Warnock's golden era. Basically Ollie has either managed us through near bankruptcy years ago or impending fine doom now. It can't be easy. He doesn't have any money to spend and he doesn't have the ability to bring in an amount of loan players because there is a limited budget on that too. Add to that a devastating defensive injury list.

We have slipped a bit recently but that is mainly due to us not being able to convert chances, rather than other teams that have barely created any chances.

It takes time to build a team, especially one that comes from what you have. That's why we need to keep Ollie in place... until Pep becomes available.

At the risk of sending the board in to meltdown, is this issue of financial constraints really a genuine reason or is there a danger that it is becoming a convenient excuse? Before you all start smashing keyboards, I accept, obviously, that there are big issues to contend with, but there are no perfect jobs. There are loads of managers who have to work on a shoestring. Every club has issues of one sort or another. The reality is, as is often pointed out, we have one of the biggest squads in the division. Are they really all cr@p, or should Holloway be making a better fist of getting more out of them? He's hardly been starved of resource has he? Despite having no money he's managed to bring in eight players. It's not like he's got 12 and having to beg clubs from league 2 for loans. How big is Preston's budget? How big is their squad? How many players did they bring in over the Summer?

The reality is we lost six on the bounce twice last season and were lucky to get away with it. This season we've won three in twelve, and one in the last nine. I think most supporters at most clubs would think that's pretty cr@p.

I'm not saying the financial issues aren't having an impact, they clearly are. I'm not saying the situation is easy, it obviously isn't. But is Holloway really doing a good job? Is it really harder to keep QPR, in it's current predicament, in the Championship, or is it harder for Burton? Barnsley lost all their best player's in the summer, yet we're only just ahead of them.

We have one of, if not the best, goalkeeper in the division. The midfield three are better than most. I appreciate we've had injuries at the back, but what we've been able to field has still been reasonable by Championship standards. The strikers aren't prolific but are they really worse than most of the other clubs at this level?

It's not the perfect job, but it's far from the worst. Holloway seems to be getting off very lightly to me.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2017 21:52]

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Why have Leicester sacked their manager today?? on 22:10 - Oct 17 with 2553 viewsBoston

Oh no, Shakespeare bard from Leicester due to teams poor recital.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Why have Leicester sacked their manager today?? on 22:12 - Oct 17 with 2543 viewslave16

Why have Leicester sacked their manager today?? on 22:10 - Oct 17 by Boston

Oh no, Shakespeare bard from Leicester due to teams poor recital.

I reckon they have tapped up ancelotti

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

Login to get fewer ads

Why have Leicester sacked their manager today?? on 13:50 - Oct 18 with 2133 viewssimmo

Leicester owners are proper twáts. Sack Ranieri after he won them the league (currently managing Nantes who are 2 points behind Monaco) and now Shakespeare after he finished 12th and gave them a run to the CL quarter finals last season. Both had runs of 6 games without winning before being sacked, is that really all you get?? 4 of the 8 games Shakespeare has had so far have included matches against Arsenal (which they were unlucky to narrowly lose), Chelsea, United and Liverpool.

Mental.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Why have Leicester sacked their manager today?? on 13:52 - Oct 18 with 2129 viewsAntti_Heinola

Why have Leicester sacked their manager today?? on 21:52 - Oct 17 by DejR_vu

At the risk of sending the board in to meltdown, is this issue of financial constraints really a genuine reason or is there a danger that it is becoming a convenient excuse? Before you all start smashing keyboards, I accept, obviously, that there are big issues to contend with, but there are no perfect jobs. There are loads of managers who have to work on a shoestring. Every club has issues of one sort or another. The reality is, as is often pointed out, we have one of the biggest squads in the division. Are they really all cr@p, or should Holloway be making a better fist of getting more out of them? He's hardly been starved of resource has he? Despite having no money he's managed to bring in eight players. It's not like he's got 12 and having to beg clubs from league 2 for loans. How big is Preston's budget? How big is their squad? How many players did they bring in over the Summer?

The reality is we lost six on the bounce twice last season and were lucky to get away with it. This season we've won three in twelve, and one in the last nine. I think most supporters at most clubs would think that's pretty cr@p.

I'm not saying the financial issues aren't having an impact, they clearly are. I'm not saying the situation is easy, it obviously isn't. But is Holloway really doing a good job? Is it really harder to keep QPR, in it's current predicament, in the Championship, or is it harder for Burton? Barnsley lost all their best player's in the summer, yet we're only just ahead of them.

We have one of, if not the best, goalkeeper in the division. The midfield three are better than most. I appreciate we've had injuries at the back, but what we've been able to field has still been reasonable by Championship standards. The strikers aren't prolific but are they really worse than most of the other clubs at this level?

It's not the perfect job, but it's far from the worst. Holloway seems to be getting off very lightly to me.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2017 21:52]

I never understand the 'getting off very lightly' stuff. What do you want people to do? Boo him? Chant for his dismissal? Send him anthrax in the post?

I think he gets fair criticism, as any manager does. People on here are misty-eyed about Warnock, but it was a tough job in the months before he was sacked fighting his corner for those who felt hew should be given more time. The point is, we'll disagree with every manager we have. Always. We've started games this season with a back 3 of a freebie, a youngster and a player who's barely played that position before. We're trying to play three at the back, but Ollie's likely top three picks were all injured at the same time.

As many have said, it's about expectation. Anyone who thought we'd be challenging for promotion is going to want the manager gone. Anyone who had realistic expectations is probably satisfied but concerned, but can see the players are behind the manager and we've been well in every game this season. Said it a million times but we can't just keep sacking managers after every poor patch of form. It's getting ridiculous, and it won't lead anywhere good.

Bare bones.

Why have Leicester sacked their manager today?? on 14:28 - Oct 18 with 2084 viewsDejR_vu

Why have Leicester sacked their manager today?? on 13:52 - Oct 18 by Antti_Heinola

I never understand the 'getting off very lightly' stuff. What do you want people to do? Boo him? Chant for his dismissal? Send him anthrax in the post?

I think he gets fair criticism, as any manager does. People on here are misty-eyed about Warnock, but it was a tough job in the months before he was sacked fighting his corner for those who felt hew should be given more time. The point is, we'll disagree with every manager we have. Always. We've started games this season with a back 3 of a freebie, a youngster and a player who's barely played that position before. We're trying to play three at the back, but Ollie's likely top three picks were all injured at the same time.

As many have said, it's about expectation. Anyone who thought we'd be challenging for promotion is going to want the manager gone. Anyone who had realistic expectations is probably satisfied but concerned, but can see the players are behind the manager and we've been well in every game this season. Said it a million times but we can't just keep sacking managers after every poor patch of form. It's getting ridiculous, and it won't lead anywhere good.

I guess what I mean by 'getting off lightly' is that we have reached a point where if someone dares question him it's met with comments like "what do you want people to do, send him anthrax?"

Why have Leicester sacked their manager today?? on 15:48 - Oct 18 with 2034 viewsTheChef

"Both had runs of 6 games without winning before being sacked..."

Good God how the hell has Ian Holloway managed to survive at QPR for so long?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Why have Leicester sacked their manager today?? on 16:04 - Oct 18 with 2015 viewsAntti_Heinola

Why have Leicester sacked their manager today?? on 14:28 - Oct 18 by DejR_vu

I guess what I mean by 'getting off lightly' is that we have reached a point where if someone dares question him it's met with comments like "what do you want people to do, send him anthrax?"

Touche

Bare bones.

Why have Leicester sacked their manager today?? on 16:43 - Oct 18 with 1977 viewsbob566

Why have Leicester sacked their manager today?? on 13:50 - Oct 18 by simmo

Leicester owners are proper twáts. Sack Ranieri after he won them the league (currently managing Nantes who are 2 points behind Monaco) and now Shakespeare after he finished 12th and gave them a run to the CL quarter finals last season. Both had runs of 6 games without winning before being sacked, is that really all you get?? 4 of the 8 games Shakespeare has had so far have included matches against Arsenal (which they were unlucky to narrowly lose), Chelsea, United and Liverpool.

Mental.

agreed Simmo. He was also breaking youth into the team quite nicely with the likes of Chigwell and demarian grey (apologies if spelt wrong demarian)

The players were clearly playing for him last Monday against wba.

The only mistake I thought he had made was dropping okasaki from the lineup.
Why have Leicester sacked their manager today?? on 17:04 - Oct 18 with 1951 viewsderbyhoop

Why have Leicester sacked their manager today?? on 14:28 - Oct 18 by DejR_vu

Deja I think you're being incredibly harsh on Olly. I had no expectations for this season and could easily have seen us involved in a relegation fight.
But, he's brought in Scowen and Baptiste, who, deservedly, have been first team regulars. Wheeler, Bright-Samuel and Smyth are players to develop.
Of course, he's made mistakes. I don't understand the need for LuaLua and not all of his selections have worked but we're doing OK and competing.
We'd all like to be doing better but, given the injuries to defenders and our inability to recruit a 15 goal a season striker on our budget, mid table is OK for me. A couple of wins and negative talk will disappear.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Why have Leicester sacked their manager today?? on 18:53 - Oct 18 with 1895 viewsDejR_vu

Why have Leicester sacked their manager today?? on 17:04 - Oct 18 by derbyhoop

Deja I think you're being incredibly harsh on Olly. I had no expectations for this season and could easily have seen us involved in a relegation fight.
But, he's brought in Scowen and Baptiste, who, deservedly, have been first team regulars. Wheeler, Bright-Samuel and Smyth are players to develop.
Of course, he's made mistakes. I don't understand the need for LuaLua and not all of his selections have worked but we're doing OK and competing.
We'd all like to be doing better but, given the injuries to defenders and our inability to recruit a 15 goal a season striker on our budget, mid table is OK for me. A couple of wins and negative talk will disappear.

"I had no expectations for this season and could easily have seen us involved in a relegation fight."

Hold that thought until Christmas. We're in trouble.

Why have Leicester sacked their manager today?? on 19:38 - Oct 18 with 1864 views2Thomas2Bowles

Why have Leicester sacked their manager today?? on 18:53 - Oct 18 by DejR_vu

"I had no expectations for this season and could easily have seen us involved in a relegation fight."

Hold that thought until Christmas. We're in trouble.

Bolx

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Why have Leicester sacked their manager today?? on 19:51 - Oct 18 with 1848 viewsDejR_vu

Why have Leicester sacked their manager today?? on 19:38 - Oct 18 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Bolx

Very eloquent

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024