Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
this makes for grim reading for the UK 13:27 - Oct 18 with 9536 viewsbob566

http://www.independent.ie/world-news/europe/britain/new-figures-show-britain-500
this makes for grim reading for the UK on 14:10 - Oct 18 with 4906 viewsRs_Holy

"Half a trillion pounds has gone missing" ... that was a bit careless!
this makes for grim reading for the UK on 14:27 - Oct 18 with 4859 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

this makes for grim reading for the UK on 14:10 - Oct 18 by Rs_Holy

My understanding is that it hasn't gone missing. It was never there. So nothings changed really. I'd imagine most countries net worth is very different to what is published.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

this makes for grim reading for the UK on 14:33 - Oct 18 with 4840 views1BobbyHazell

this makes for grim reading for the UK on 14:10 - Oct 18 by Rs_Holy

Economic 'experts' getting things utterly wrong and just making it up as they go along? Never.

Still, this has happened.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/royal-mail-shareholders-paid-servi

Hooray for us.
this makes for grim reading for the UK on 14:57 - Oct 18 with 4779 viewsBrightonhoop

this makes for grim reading for the UK on 14:27 - Oct 18 by CliveWilsonSaid

My understanding is that it hasn't gone missing. It was never there. So nothings changed really. I'd imagine most countries net worth is very different to what is published.

Based on evidence inflows and projections, yes. The inflows have fallen off a cliff costing £490 Billion.

'The apparent resilience of these flows shortly after the Brexit referendum was an illusion, since the funds had already been committed earlier.

The Bank of New York Mellon, the world's biggest custodian of assets, said there had been a marked deterioration over recent weeks in purchases of sterling stocks and bonds by 'real money' players such as pension funds and sovereign wealth funds.

Simon Derrick, the bank's currency strategist, said: "The outflows from the UK began in mid-August. The big buyers are disappearing."

The £ is extremely weak. There will likely be a run on the pound and the likes of Soros and Co will relieve the Bank of England of a lot of gold bars again. We know this is how it works when a currency is in trouble. And the £ is in trouble. Worrying times ahead.
this makes for grim reading for the UK on 15:37 - Oct 18 with 4715 viewsBoston

At last, affordable housing.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

this makes for grim reading for the UK on 16:39 - Oct 18 with 4622 viewsbob566

could somebody in layman terms explain what a hard brexit means.

Does that just mean it will be tough as f*** at first because UK will get no more funding from EU etc but then it will get easier over time because you won't have to give them anything.
this makes for grim reading for the UK on 16:44 - Oct 18 with 4597 viewstoboboly

this makes for grim reading for the UK on 16:39 - Oct 18 by bob566

Does that just mean it will be tough as f*** at first because UK will get no more funding from EU etc but then it will get easier over time because you won't have to give them anything.

It has nothing to do with how hard or easy life will be. It refers to the amount of continuity and partnership we would have with the EU. "Hard Brexit" means next to none, soft Brexit would be more like Norway etc.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

this makes for grim reading for the UK on 16:55 - Oct 18 with 4561 viewsSharpy36

Terms thought up by the losing side.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Login to get fewer ads

this makes for grim reading for the UK on 17:02 - Oct 18 with 4544 viewsLythamR

this makes for grim reading for the UK on 15:37 - Oct 18 by Boston

Yes as long as the money you have saved up to buy the house or the money earned to pay a mortgage is not in sterling

otherwise not so much
this makes for grim reading for the UK on 17:07 - Oct 18 with 4531 viewsderbyhoop

this makes for grim reading for the UK on 16:39 - Oct 18 by bob566

Hard Brexit means leaving the EU, the Single Market and the Customs Union without any trade deal with the EU.

The adjective probably refers to the landing that awaits the UK economy.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

this makes for grim reading for the UK on 17:21 - Oct 18 with 4487 viewsstevec

Usual load of old bolox.

You can do all sorts with assets, all they've done is written a load of stuff down and when it suits, write it back up again.

ONS, OECD, they're all full of shít.
this makes for grim reading for the UK on 18:00 - Oct 18 with 4443 viewsWestbourneR

this makes for grim reading for the UK on 15:37 - Oct 18 by Boston

Oh I see the Brexit was meant to break the economy so that we could have more affordable housing! No one mentioned that master plan in the build up to the referendum. It's good to know that when you're a Brexiteer every cloud, even if it's a huge storm cloud, has a beautifully deluded silver lining.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

this makes for grim reading for the UK on 18:08 - Oct 18 with 4428 viewsBoston

this makes for grim reading for the UK on 17:02 - Oct 18 by LythamR

Yes as long as the money you have saved up to buy the house or the money earned to pay a mortgage is not in sterling

otherwise not so much

Would you be a money lender Lytham?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

this makes for grim reading for the UK on 18:14 - Oct 18 with 4412 viewsLythamR

this makes for grim reading for the UK on 18:08 - Oct 18 by Boston

Would you be a money lender Lytham?

LOL . the last money i lent someone was in Thai Baht and i havent even seen the vig
this makes for grim reading for the UK on 18:24 - Oct 18 with 4392 viewsQPR_John

this makes for grim reading for the UK on 17:07 - Oct 18 by derbyhoop

Hard Brexit means leaving the EU, the Single Market and the Customs Union without any trade deal with the EU.

The adjective probably refers to the landing that awaits the UK economy.

Surely if a hard brexit means leaving the Single Market and the Customs Union then a soft brexit means staying in both or basically not leaving the EU.
[Post edited 18 Oct 2017 18:25]
this makes for grim reading for the UK on 18:26 - Oct 18 with 4383 viewsstevec

If all you see is doom and gloom it tends to become self prophecising .
this makes for grim reading for the UK on 18:47 - Oct 18 with 4343 viewsderbyhoop

this makes for grim reading for the UK on 18:24 - Oct 18 by QPR_John

Surely if a hard brexit means leaving the Single Market and the Customs Union then a soft brexit means staying in both or basically not leaving the EU.
[Post edited 18 Oct 2017 18:25]

Not true.
Norway is in the Single Market but not in the EU.
Turkey is in the Customs Union but nowhere near being in the EU.

A soft brexitwould be a better option.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

this makes for grim reading for the UK on 19:00 - Oct 18 with 4323 viewsSharpy36

Yes it is true. Staying in the single market would mean us still being tied to the rules of freedom of movement and our laws being made by the ECJ, so as said not leaving the EU.
Not sure which voting slip you received, but mine had leave the EU yes or no.
[Post edited 18 Oct 2017 19:01]

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

this makes for grim reading for the UK on 21:18 - Oct 18 with 4195 viewsQPR_John

this makes for grim reading for the UK on 18:47 - Oct 18 by derbyhoop

Not true.
Norway is in the Single Market but not in the EU.
Turkey is in the Customs Union but nowhere near being in the EU.

A soft brexitwould be a better option.

But who is in both and not in the EU
this makes for grim reading for the UK on 21:51 - Oct 18 with 4160 viewsenfieldargh

So QPR under Fernandes is extremely organised as we know exactly where all the money went

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

this makes for grim reading for the UK on 21:59 - Oct 18 with 4147 viewsderbyhoop

this makes for grim reading for the UK on 19:00 - Oct 18 by Sharpy36

Yes it is true. Staying in the single market would mean us still being tied to the rules of freedom of movement and our laws being made by the ECJ, so as said not leaving the EU.
Not sure which voting slip you received, but mine had leave the EU yes or no.
[Post edited 18 Oct 2017 19:01]

If it is true, please explain Norway.

this makes for grim reading for the UK on 22:22 - Oct 18 with 4109 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

this makes for grim reading for the UK on 18:26 - Oct 18 by stevec

Mate, I seriously hope the irony of your statement isn't lost on you and everyone else reading it.
[Post edited 18 Oct 2017 22:52]
this makes for grim reading for the UK on 22:44 - Oct 18 with 4073 viewsSharpy36

this makes for grim reading for the UK on 21:59 - Oct 18 by derbyhoop

If it is true, please explain Norway.

Norway have to accept the four pillars of the single market, they also have to pay towards the EU project, but have no say at higher level on important issues.

this makes for grim reading for the UK on 22:50 - Oct 18 with 4057 viewsNortholt_Rs

Yeah but will we beat Bolton? That’s what reeeeeeeally matters.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

this makes for grim reading for the UK on 00:26 - Oct 19 with 3965 viewsNorthernr

this makes for grim reading for the UK on 18:26 - Oct 18 by stevec

Hang on a fcking minute, have you read your own posts about QPR at all?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024