Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lee Hoos interview 11:00 - Oct 20 with 5635 viewsdaveB

Latest Lee Hoos interview on the offish is very good, addresses the family stand and finally exposes this myth that the Lower Loft was a vibrant, full to capacity hub of people, noise and atmosphere pre 2011 showing clips of games from before it became a family stand and far more empty seats back then than we have now

https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/interviews/hoos-october-part-one/

Lee Hoos interview on 11:48 - Oct 20 with 5532 viewsNorthernr

If I've learned anything from the recent interviews with Ferdinand and Holloway it's that some people hear what they want to hear. You ask Holloway specifically about Ferdinand's role, makes no difference to people who like to coat off Ferdinand. You ask him specifically about the transfer market and strikers, he explains we are looking for strikers but we can't afford them, makes no difference to people who think Charlie Austin might be coming back.

For the first time in ages we've got some good, sharp people running our club, fighting fires started by previous managers, CEOs and the current chairman. But for those who don't like them, because they've got unrealistic expectations, because they don't recognise the mess that was left behind, because they fired one of their mates, because it took ages to get a Stan Bowles game, or whatever, nothing they say or do will make a blind bit of difference.
Lee Hoos interview on 15:17 - Oct 20 with 5226 viewsHunterhoop

Lee Hoos interview on 11:48 - Oct 20 by Northernr

If I've learned anything from the recent interviews with Ferdinand and Holloway it's that some people hear what they want to hear. You ask Holloway specifically about Ferdinand's role, makes no difference to people who like to coat off Ferdinand. You ask him specifically about the transfer market and strikers, he explains we are looking for strikers but we can't afford them, makes no difference to people who think Charlie Austin might be coming back.

For the first time in ages we've got some good, sharp people running our club, fighting fires started by previous managers, CEOs and the current chairman. But for those who don't like them, because they've got unrealistic expectations, because they don't recognise the mess that was left behind, because they fired one of their mates, because it took ages to get a Stan Bowles game, or whatever, nothing they say or do will make a blind bit of difference.

Absolutely. In short, some people are idiots.
Lee Hoos interview on 21:45 - Oct 20 with 5023 viewsqprxtc

I'm born and bred in Shepherds Bush and I can tell you something now. QPR are doing more for the local area and are more interactive with it than I can ever remember.

Once upon a time Rangers were pretty disdainful and uninterested in Shepherds Bush and the surrounding areas. That's not just my view, it was said constantly when I was growing up. Why do Rangers not give a sh1t about the area they are in. They seemed to be embarrassed by being here.

I used to look at Brentford and think, there's a cub that's proud of its area and knows what it needs to do to make it survive. And for all those years in the bottom two divisions and no relative success, their gates held up.

We as a club are doing so much better these days in the local areas. That's our life blood. The Bush and surrounding areas should be a total QPR stronghold. Local sportsshops carry out merchandise, we should work with (what's left of) local pubs. Engage. We are doing it better than ever and it needs to continue.

I'm fine with the lower loft being a family stand. I've always stood/sat there. And I remember quite a few times having plenty of space around me to swing as many cats as I could whirl around my head. Meow.
Lee Hoos interview on 21:59 - Oct 20 with 5000 viewsthame_hoops

I was lucky enough to hang hang out and have a few beers with Lee over the NFL weekend end of September (Baltimore Ravens)

This guy is single handledly heading us in the right direction.

Lee reads this message board too..... he won’t mind me saying this but his stories about Shaun Dyche were eye opening, what we would give to have Dyche at rangers!
Lee Hoos interview on 22:08 - Oct 20 with 4979 viewsflynnbo

And in the "packed" Loft end of the early 1970s, we had a children's enclosure down the front until the scum decided otherwise. Anyway, point being, I've stood/sat there for over 40 years and apart from the back left when you looked at that end, there never was that much noise- and I occasionally stood in the Loft when opposing fans tried (often successfully) to "take" it.
Lee Hoos interview on 22:19 - Oct 20 with 4934 viewsLblock

Imagine if we had Hoos instead of Beard? Where would we be now?

Mind you; Bungle would’ve sacked him due to obstacles and tweeted “we are leaning; the fuzzures brite. Haters gonna hately “

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Lee Hoos interview on 22:52 - Oct 20 with 4853 viewsNorthernr

Lee Hoos interview on 22:19 - Oct 20 by Lblock

Imagine if we had Hoos instead of Beard? Where would we be now?

Mind you; Bungle would’ve sacked him due to obstacles and tweeted “we are leaning; the fuzzures brite. Haters gonna hately “

Yeh we shouldn't pretend like it was all Hughes, Redknapp and Beard. It was Fernandes. He wanted the big signings, the SSN on deadline day etc. But to answer your 'what if' question just look at Burnley - 7th in Premier League, new training ground, hefty annual profit. If Fernandes had done a DOF and CEO model like we have now we'd have been secure up there for a generation and pushing on. Hoos is fantastic and exactly what we need and needed.
Lee Hoos interview on 23:41 - Oct 20 with 4782 viewsPunteR

Lee Hoos interview on 21:45 - Oct 20 by qprxtc

I'm born and bred in Shepherds Bush and I can tell you something now. QPR are doing more for the local area and are more interactive with it than I can ever remember.

Once upon a time Rangers were pretty disdainful and uninterested in Shepherds Bush and the surrounding areas. That's not just my view, it was said constantly when I was growing up. Why do Rangers not give a sh1t about the area they are in. They seemed to be embarrassed by being here.

I used to look at Brentford and think, there's a cub that's proud of its area and knows what it needs to do to make it survive. And for all those years in the bottom two divisions and no relative success, their gates held up.

We as a club are doing so much better these days in the local areas. That's our life blood. The Bush and surrounding areas should be a total QPR stronghold. Local sportsshops carry out merchandise, we should work with (what's left of) local pubs. Engage. We are doing it better than ever and it needs to continue.

I'm fine with the lower loft being a family stand. I've always stood/sat there. And I remember quite a few times having plenty of space around me to swing as many cats as I could whirl around my head. Meow.

I'm not from Shepherds Bush but i think this is a massive change in direction for the club which is essential.
You need to be ingrained in the area your from, especially when your a London club.

Yeh Hoos is the man. He's just doing his job sorting out TF's mess. If paying Hoos's wages means we cant have a striker at the moment , i'll live with that.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Login to get fewer ads

Lee Hoos interview on 00:17 - Oct 21 with 4748 viewsLythamR

The atmosphere went downhill with the introduction of graded seating not the family stand
Lee Hoos interview on 00:54 - Oct 21 with 4717 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Every time I hear or read a Hoos or Ferdinand interview it's like Yoghurt on a burn.
Lee Hoos interview on 00:59 - Oct 21 with 4710 viewsPunteR

Lee Hoos interview on 00:54 - Oct 21 by BazzaInTheLoft

Every time I hear or read a Hoos or Ferdinand interview it's like Yoghurt on a burn.

?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Lee Hoos interview on 01:23 - Oct 21 with 4686 viewsBoston

Lee Hoos interview on 00:54 - Oct 21 by BazzaInTheLoft

??

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Lee Hoos interview on 06:46 - Oct 21 with 4608 viewsisawqpratwcity

Soothing.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Lee Hoos interview on 07:41 - Oct 21 with 4544 viewsLblock

I read that as yoghurt on a bun and my immediate thought was; “yep, I agree with my left wing friend again there....tasty “!!!!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Lee Hoos interview on 08:39 - Oct 21 with 4476 viewsEsox_Lucius

All those years I stood jammed in the Loft I never realised that it was empty. Who knew?

The grass is always greener.

Lee Hoos interview on 09:50 - Oct 21 with 4372 viewsLythamR

Lee Hoos interview on 08:39 - Oct 21 by Esox_Lucius

All those years I stood jammed in the Loft I never realised that it was empty. Who knew?

The people at the back knew :)
Lee Hoos interview on 09:58 - Oct 21 with 4349 viewsAntti_Heinola

Lee Hoos interview on 08:39 - Oct 21 by Esox_Lucius

when it was standing, yes. Always packed, in the top league, anyway.
Seats? Well I sat there for years and was often half empty before the family stand.

Bare bones.

Lee Hoos interview on 10:20 - Oct 21 with 4305 viewsToast_R

Indeed, I stopped using it due to leg room problems. Upper is about all I can use.
Lee Hoos interview on 11:09 - Oct 21 with 4272 viewsRoller

Lee Hoos interview on 21:45 - Oct 20 by qprxtc

Finney always used to bang on about how little profile the club had in the local environment in various meetings; he'll be pleased!

What sort of interaction are they doing?
Lee Hoos interview on 11:36 - Oct 21 with 4234 viewsfrancisbowles

I noticed at Brentford last season that a local pub had bar staff in club colours and programmes on sale behind the bar.

Now would be a good time to engage with the local pubs (while we still have some) to explore areas of mutual interest ahead of our possible move further away. Maybe in the future they could become transport hubs for those that want to carry on with the match day rituals they have enjoyed for several years.
Lee Hoos interview on 12:45 - Oct 21 with 4125 viewsEsox_Lucius

Deserted terraces at Loftus Road.

Lee Hoos interview on 13:02 - Oct 21 with 4097 viewsqprxtc

Lee Hoos interview on 12:45 - Oct 21 by Esox_Lucius

Deserted terraces at Loftus Road.

Yep. Last home game of 75/76 season. You'd be disappointed if it wasn't that packed. Fast forward three years, almost to the day. Ipswich at home, lost 4-0. You could have brought all your family and friends and still be all on your own.

You can pick and choose all the games to fit into an argument but bar the big games there was usually plenty of room in The Loft.
Lee Hoos interview on 13:11 - Oct 21 with 4069 viewsEsox_Lucius

Lee Hoos interview on 13:02 - Oct 21 by qprxtc

Yep. Last home game of 75/76 season. You'd be disappointed if it wasn't that packed. Fast forward three years, almost to the day. Ipswich at home, lost 4-0. You could have brought all your family and friends and still be all on your own.

You can pick and choose all the games to fit into an argument but bar the big games there was usually plenty of room in The Loft.

So basically, you are saying most of our supporters are fairweather supporters?

Lee Hoos interview on 13:20 - Oct 21 with 4048 viewsnix

As an aside but pertinent to the attitudes of this regime, good to see Ruben Gnanalingam at the U23s match yesterday, siting with Bircham. Really can’t imagine Bernie Ecclestone slumming it at that level. Also the link up between the U23s and the first team with Bircham there. I was pleased to see Chris Ramsey there too, sans beanie hat, no longer looking like a rabbit in the headlights, and like he was enjoying football again. A final point, the QPR Trust people collecting outside the ground. It all indicates a different feel about the club that makes me as a fan more invested in what we are achiev8ng as a community as well as just a football club.
Lee Hoos interview on 19:49 - Oct 21 with 3776 viewsenfieldargh

It not just the loft being empty

I have sat in South Africa road stand most seasons since it was built

For the most part since the eighties ellerslie and Sa have had a similar pattern of empty seats at angles going back from the roof support pillars. Our gates ranged between 9-12k and this seat population pattern was apparent for most games. We needed the big teams and other London clubs to make sure the stadium was full and small runs of success.

The paddock was for many years only half used.

You need to remember that there was an era when football support was poor for most clubs, the famous toon army only 8,000 turning up for home matches, scum bags down the road low teens.

There's a match at white hart lane , we drew 1-1 Dave clement scored so must gave been around 1978, vast areas of terracing near the cage walls empty.

I think It was not until we went down to league two that we started getting full houses and our recent success of the past two decades has seen a more healthy home support.

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024