Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Daily Express says the worst winter for 2 zillion years is coming to the UK 14:16 - Oct 20 with 6538 viewsJAPRANGERS

It's that time again!

http://www.express.co.uk/news/weather/868795/UK-winter-weather-forecast-2017-sno
Daily Express says the worst winter for 2 zillion years is coming to the UK on 15:03 - Oct 21 with 1864 viewsDorse

Daily Express says the worst winter for 2 zillion years is coming to the UK on 15:00 - Oct 20 by Northernr

Interviewed a Daily Express journalist for a job at our place this summer.

Question: "how do you get your news?".

Correct Answer: Contacts, networking, meeting people, talking to people, getting to know people, getting on the phone, getting out there, getting your face known, getting your name known.

Answer given: Well I come into the office in the morning, see what people are talking about on Twitter and Reddit and just do our own version of that really.

Follow up, second chance question: That's not really going to work for us here, how would you change if you got this job?

Answer given: Long pause. I'd probably have to change who I follow on Twitter.

Don't call us we'll call you. Fcking hell.

Sorry - downarrowed. Dyslexic mouse finger guv.

Had a student that went for an Oxbridge entrance interview to study PPE. She was a monumental gobshite and was convinced this was nailed on (primarily because of her parents being bigshots). They asked her about her application:
'It says here that you enjoy reading politics. Who have you been reading recently?'
'It's mainly blogs'.
'Whose blogs?'
'I don't know who they are but they write about their political ideas'.
'Do you really consider this to be reading politics?'
'Er...'

End of application.

She came back in and actually relayed this to us all - in class - as an example of why she wasn't going to go to Oxford as they weren't up to date with modern trends.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Daily Express says the worst winter for 2 zillion years is coming to the UK on 17:33 - Oct 21 with 1819 viewsCiderwithRsie

I'm sorry but I still don't quite see how this links in to the death of Princess Di. Is Prince Philip doing something funny to the weather?
Daily Express says the worst winter for 2 zillion years is coming to the UK on 19:48 - Oct 21 with 1777 viewsGroveR

Daily Express says the worst winter for 2 zillion years is coming to the UK on 19:33 - Oct 20 by Northernr

No, sorry I meant the standard of applicants, not the Cara Delevigne Family Newsletter.

I would.

[Post edited 21 Oct 2017 19:51]
Daily Express says the worst winter for 2 zillion years is coming to the UK on 17:19 - Oct 22 with 1695 viewsPinnerPaul

Could be 22C on Thursday - 'Warmest October EVER' surely?!
Daily Express says the worst winter for 2 zillion years is coming to the UK on 13:15 - Oct 23 with 1605 viewsTheChef

Daily Express says the worst winter for 2 zillion years is coming to the UK on 15:00 - Oct 20 by Northernr

Interviewed a Daily Express journalist for a job at our place this summer.

Question: "how do you get your news?".

Correct Answer: Contacts, networking, meeting people, talking to people, getting to know people, getting on the phone, getting out there, getting your face known, getting your name known.

Answer given: Well I come into the office in the morning, see what people are talking about on Twitter and Reddit and just do our own version of that really.

Follow up, second chance question: That's not really going to work for us here, how would you change if you got this job?

Answer given: Long pause. I'd probably have to change who I follow on Twitter.

Don't call us we'll call you. Fcking hell.

I think that method could be applied to nearly all mainstream media these days.

Surprised they didn't add "rehashing press releases sent by PR agencies".

Investigative journalism is dead, nearly. If your work doesn't fit the agenda of your multi-billionaire owners and their interested parties in government or otherwise, forget about it.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Daily Express says the worst winter for 2 zillion years is coming to the UK on 11:34 - Oct 30 with 1490 viewsFDC

I quite enjoy Liam "The Truth" Dutton's correctives to weather-related news stories

Daily Express says the worst winter for 2 zillion years is coming to the UK on 19:13 - Oct 30 with 1394 viewsBoston

If it bleeds, it leads.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Daily Express says the worst winter for 2 zillion years is coming to the UK on 20:26 - Oct 30 with 1374 viewsbosh67

Would the football league increase our FFP fine if it snows?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024