Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Songs you hated when younger but now like as an old git 18:25 - Oct 20 with 3447 viewsqprxtc

Dancing in the City by Marshall Hain
Sss single Bed by Fox
The Reflex by Duran Duran (ugh that one hurts).

If I ever say I like something by Spaundau flipping Ballet, shoot me.
Songs you hated when younger but now like as an old git on 18:45 - Oct 20 with 2933 viewsEsox_Lucius

Gold!

The grass is always greener.

Songs you hated when younger but now like as an old git on 18:47 - Oct 20 with 2930 viewscolinallcars

Funky Nassau by The Beginining Of The End.
Songs you hated when younger but now like as an old git on 18:50 - Oct 20 with 2923 viewsPeterHucker

The Reflex is proper shite.
Duran Duran weren't that bad up till then.
The Reflex was the point where they started putting more effort and creativity into their videos rather than their songs.
Songs you hated when younger but now like as an old git on 18:53 - Oct 20 with 2918 viewsPeterHucker

Hi Ho Silver Lining
Always disliked that song because it was the last song of the night for every unimaginative cheesy Dj in the 80s.
Now I quite like it because of the QPR link.
Songs you hated when younger but now like as an old git on 18:56 - Oct 20 with 2913 viewslongbottom

Wayward wind by Frank Ifield. Well you did ask.
Songs you hated when younger but now like as an old git on 19:09 - Oct 20 with 2898 viewsqprxtc

Songs you hated when younger but now like as an old git on 18:50 - Oct 20 by PeterHucker

The Reflex was the point where they started putting more effort and creativity into their videos rather than their songs.

Not saying it's a good song but it takes me back. To a time when a girl I was seeing let me feel her boob for the first time. Happy day.

Actually, when I say 'seeing' may be a bit much as she was was in the sixth form when I was 14 and I sort of tripped and fell into her arms outstretched and got a quick feel. Happy day.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2017 19:10]
Songs you hated when younger but now like as an old git on 19:16 - Oct 20 with 2885 viewsHantsR

Gilly, Gilly, Ossenfeffer, Katzenellen Bogen by the Sea

(Grandchildren love to sing it in the car! )
Songs you hated when younger but now like as an old git on 19:29 - Oct 20 with 2858 viewsEsox_Lucius

These Words by Natasha Bedingfield. I like it a lot now LOL

The grass is always greener.

Login to get fewer ads

Songs you hated when younger but now like as an old git on 19:49 - Oct 20 with 2844 viewssmegma

Songs you hated when younger but now like as an old git on 18:50 - Oct 20 by PeterHucker

Duran Duran have always been shite
Songs you hated when younger but now like as an old git on 20:04 - Oct 20 with 2825 viewsMonahoop

Good Vibrations by the Beach Boys. As a kid it scared the hell out of me, all those high voices and weird organ noises. Now I like it, a rock masterpiece, though I don't generally like much of the Beach Boys output.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Songs you hated when younger but now like as an old git on 20:25 - Oct 20 with 2787 viewsflynnbo

Agadoo. Beautifully written and a melody to die for . So avant-garde.
Songs you hated when younger but now like as an old git on 21:44 - Oct 20 with 2708 viewsjohncharles

None,or if possible less

Strong and stable my arse.

Songs you hated when younger but now like as an old git on 21:45 - Oct 20 with 2707 viewsMrSheen

Don't Go Breaking My Heart. I was a snarly punk and sniggered at the idea of Elton singing a duet with a woman. I don't know why I like it so much now, but I find it perfectly formed and fresh as paint.
Songs you hated when younger but now like as an old git on 21:47 - Oct 20 with 2702 viewsjohncharles

Songs you hated when younger but now like as an old git on 20:25 - Oct 20 by flynnbo

Agadoo. Beautifully written and a melody to die for . So avant-garde.

Strong and stable my arse.

Songs you hated when younger but now like as an old git on 23:10 - Oct 20 with 2615 viewsisawqpratwcity

Songs you hated when younger but now like as an old git on 18:56 - Oct 20 by longbottom

Wayward wind by Frank Ifield. Well you did ask.

How about the egregious "She Taught Me To Yodel"? Surely an argument for capital punishment?

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Songs you hated when younger but now like as an old git on 00:06 - Oct 21 with 2572 viewsLythamR

Young Americans _ David Bowie

I didnt understand the change in musical direction at the time, I just wanted Ziggy back. Now i appreciate it as one of his highlights
Songs you hated when younger but now like as an old git on 00:19 - Oct 21 with 2565 viewsPommyhoop

Songs you hated when younger but now like as an old git on 20:04 - Oct 20 by Monahoop

Good Vibrations by the Beach Boys. As a kid it scared the hell out of me, all those high voices and weird organ noises. Now I like it, a rock masterpiece, though I don't generally like much of the Beach Boys output.

'I get around ' was my favourite.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Songs you hated when younger but now like as an old git on 00:43 - Oct 21 with 2550 viewsRs_Holy

Quite a lot of late 70s soul... stuff like Sister Sledge, Phyllis Hyman, Womack and Womack, Rose Royce... at the time I really hated it but now it sounds quality.
Songs you hated when younger but now like as an old git on 06:58 - Oct 21 with 2487 viewsOutWestR

Songs you hated when younger but now like as an old git on 11:16 - Oct 21 with 2379 viewsR_from_afar

Very timely considering that I found myself marvelling at the "You go your way" section of that rock anthem -cough- "All cried out" by Alison Moyet when I heard it on TOTP last night.

"Nurse! Get his pills, quick!"

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Songs you hated when younger but now like as an old git on 11:20 - Oct 21 with 2372 viewsMonahoop

Songs you hated when younger but now like as an old git on 06:58 - Oct 21 by OutWestR

Ahh Chas and Dave. In my younger days I used to laugh and wave off their stuff with utter derision. Then I heard some stuff they did before their partnership blossomed. 'Hmmm not bad' I thought. Then me and a mate went to see them live. 'Why did I hate them so much'? I thought as a thoroughly enjoyable gig unfolded. I love em now.

Re Rs Holy post. I hated that silly Philly soul stuff from the 70's. But I can show some liking of it now, not all of it, but some of it. I suppose time heals as one gets older and appreciates much of what came before now. That said I still draw a firm line on wanting to like anything from the likes of Simply Red, and loads of 80's stuff. No, there will be no healing forgiveness from me there.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Songs you hated when younger but now like as an old git on 11:53 - Oct 21 with 2342 viewsTonto

Simple Minds

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Songs you hated when younger but now like as an old git on 14:01 - Oct 21 with 2265 viewssuperstan

Andy Williams, Can’t take my eyes of you, I think I may be a bit older than you lot!
Songs you hated when younger but now like as an old git on 14:14 - Oct 21 with 2253 viewstimcocking

Nothing springs to mind. If i like it, probably always have done.
Songs you hated when younger but now like as an old git on 16:12 - Oct 21 with 2188 viewsSimonJames

Captain Beaky and his Band

100% of people who drink water will die.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024