Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone Else 00:57 - Oct 22 with 3448 viewsBoston

...think our goal was a bit odd? I'd no previous knowledge of Sylla's balletic ability.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Anyone Else on 01:11 - Oct 22 with 3427 viewsBrightonhoop

No. Charlies Against the scum was similar. Terry's face was gold bar. A simple pass out from the keeper.

Where else is our ability coming from otherwise?
Anyone Else on 04:23 - Oct 22 with 3314 viewsbosh67

I think his stats so far for us are 35 appearances and 12 goals? Has only started about 6-7 games in the first 11. That's not bad at all considering he struggled to get a start until the last 2 games. Matt Smith 22 games and 7 goals I think. Again now demoted for most of the time to the bench. Both 1 in 3 strikers.

By comparison Mackie 42 games and 5 goals and Washington 240,000 games and 10 goals.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Anyone Else on 11:00 - Oct 22 with 2959 viewsfrancisbowles

Anyone Else on 04:23 - Oct 22 by bosh67

I think his stats so far for us are 35 appearances and 12 goals? Has only started about 6-7 games in the first 11. That's not bad at all considering he struggled to get a start until the last 2 games. Matt Smith 22 games and 7 goals I think. Again now demoted for most of the time to the bench. Both 1 in 3 strikers.

By comparison Mackie 42 games and 5 goals and Washington 240,000 games and 10 goals.

He needs a run in the team but I'm not sure any of the other three are the right partner for him. He seems to be getting closer to being match fit, only taken off late in the game today. Hopefully, he can stay fit and these goals will improve his confidence.

Smith, is a totally different case for me. I don't want to see him starting, he is not very mobile, not fit enough and totally lacking in pace. He is however a decent option of the bench and can add a presence to attack and defence in the later stages of games when we are defending a lead or chasing a game.

My wish is for someone from the U23s eg Oteh, Greco- Cox or Eze to develop enough to start challenging Mackie and Washington for the starting spot alongside Sylla. Another possible way forward might be to move Freeman further forward and reintroduce Manning, Cousins or even Goss into the midfield. However, that would be at the risk of losing the understanding that Freeman, Luongo and Scowen have built this season.
Anyone Else on 11:29 - Oct 22 with 2906 viewsWatford_Ranger

Anyone Else on 11:00 - Oct 22 by francisbowles

He needs a run in the team but I'm not sure any of the other three are the right partner for him. He seems to be getting closer to being match fit, only taken off late in the game today. Hopefully, he can stay fit and these goals will improve his confidence.

Smith, is a totally different case for me. I don't want to see him starting, he is not very mobile, not fit enough and totally lacking in pace. He is however a decent option of the bench and can add a presence to attack and defence in the later stages of games when we are defending a lead or chasing a game.

My wish is for someone from the U23s eg Oteh, Greco- Cox or Eze to develop enough to start challenging Mackie and Washington for the starting spot alongside Sylla. Another possible way forward might be to move Freeman further forward and reintroduce Manning, Cousins or even Goss into the midfield. However, that would be at the risk of losing the understanding that Freeman, Luongo and Scowen have built this season.

Play him with two of our million wingers if it's four at the back or with Freeman and one of those million wingers if it's a five.

Love the graft of Mackie and Wash but neither can do it. Like Smith as an option off the bench.
Anyone Else on 13:45 - Oct 22 with 2642 viewsstevec

None of our forwards work together and never will.

Just have to hang in there and hope to god something sorted in Jan.
Anyone Else on 14:45 - Oct 22 with 2569 viewsNorthernr

Anyone Else on 13:45 - Oct 22 by stevec

None of our forwards work together and never will.

Just have to hang in there and hope to god something sorted in Jan.

First chance we have to sort it (by which I presume you mean get some new strikers in) will be next summer when we have a load of out of contract including Onuoha, Caulker and Robinson who are big earners. Even then it will only be a loan or another lower league punt like Washington. You'll struggle to find anybody with a goalscoring record as good as Sylla's on our budget, pleased he's now getting games he's easily our best goal hope.

And of course the goal was odd (OP), everything he does is a bit weird.
Anyone Else on 15:04 - Oct 22 with 2535 viewskensalriser

Sylla's got some neck, I'll give him that. He's a sort of anti-Andy Impey.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Anyone Else on 15:08 - Oct 22 with 2523 viewsNorthernr

Anyone Else on 15:04 - Oct 22 by kensalriser

Sylla's got some neck, I'll give him that. He's a sort of anti-Andy Impey.

I enjoyed last week at Sunderland when a man whose 12 goals for us so far probably add up cumulatively to about 14 yards decided to turn and have a bash on the volley from 35
Login to get fewer ads

Anyone Else on 15:17 - Oct 22 with 2505 viewsJigsore

I still have no idea how that went in. I'm convinced Sylla didn't play 11 a side football until he turned at least 20 and simply spent his entire life before that playing heads and volleys in school yards and parks.

while i'm at it, I think i've finally accepted Washington isn't ever going to be a Championship player. he just doesn't have the natural ability.

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Anyone Else on 15:50 - Oct 22 with 2443 viewsdaveB

I think for how Holloway wants to play with the forward closing down from the front and working hard he was right to start the season with Mackie and Washington. I think Smith and Sylla have a better goal record but starting those two will see an end to that pressing game.

I think Sylla has done it quite well in the last few games and worked harder than he did last season but he still needs a washington or mackie with him to do the hard chasing to help the team the ball back and play high up the pitch.

As for his goal yesterday watching it from that upper tier I thought Freemans cross went straight in, seeing it on tv I've no idea what Sylla was doing or how he managed to turn that into a goal.
Anyone Else on 16:53 - Oct 22 with 2353 viewsNorthernr

Anyone Else on 15:50 - Oct 22 by daveB

I think for how Holloway wants to play with the forward closing down from the front and working hard he was right to start the season with Mackie and Washington. I think Smith and Sylla have a better goal record but starting those two will see an end to that pressing game.

I think Sylla has done it quite well in the last few games and worked harder than he did last season but he still needs a washington or mackie with him to do the hard chasing to help the team the ball back and play high up the pitch.

As for his goal yesterday watching it from that upper tier I thought Freemans cross went straight in, seeing it on tv I've no idea what Sylla was doing or how he managed to turn that into a goal.

Yeh Smith just isn't mobile enough, can't get about the place. He's an impact sub.
Sylla's not as bad at it as is made out, and brings a weird comedic goal threat.
Anyone Else on 17:40 - Oct 22 with 2297 viewsbaz_qpr

Anyone Else on 14:45 - Oct 22 by Northernr

First chance we have to sort it (by which I presume you mean get some new strikers in) will be next summer when we have a load of out of contract including Onuoha, Caulker and Robinson who are big earners. Even then it will only be a loan or another lower league punt like Washington. You'll struggle to find anybody with a goalscoring record as good as Sylla's on our budget, pleased he's now getting games he's easily our best goal hope.

And of course the goal was odd (OP), everything he does is a bit weird.

I think come next summer the big premier league 60m loss is no longer part of the FFP equation so the way the system works now is if you have two frugal years then you can blow a load of cash in the 3rd so I think next summer regardless of the out of contracts we are able to spend on a striker, but maybe we already have one and he is on load at Wycombe. Marcus Bean recently said on his podcast that Eze is the best young player he has played with
Anyone Else on 18:15 - Oct 22 with 2234 viewsWatford_Ranger

Anyone Else on 17:40 - Oct 22 by baz_qpr

I think come next summer the big premier league 60m loss is no longer part of the FFP equation so the way the system works now is if you have two frugal years then you can blow a load of cash in the 3rd so I think next summer regardless of the out of contracts we are able to spend on a striker, but maybe we already have one and he is on load at Wycombe. Marcus Bean recently said on his podcast that Eze is the best young player he has played with

Even if we theoretically could spunk £10m+ on someone, what £10m player is going to come to us within our wage structure for the right reasons?
Anyone Else on 18:39 - Oct 22 with 2191 viewsNorthernr

Ecxept we have a historic FFP breach...
Anyone Else on 22:43 - Oct 22 with 1879 viewsstevec

Anyone Else on 18:39 - Oct 22 by Northernr

Ecxept we have a historic FFP breach...

the problem I have with this apparent historical breach is the fact that if this is true then the paying public, in other words us, have the right to be told by the Football League exactly where the club stands.

Now I except we all buy our tickets because we support our football team, but at the same time we should not be kept in the dark if an outside source is effectively controlling the clubs finances.

Why for instance haven’t the football league told the club to include in its accounts the provision for an exceptional loss? That way we’d at least know what the club is up against. At present we are all buying tickets clueless of the clubs situation, the FL are potentially taking my money that I would only wish to be invested in Queens Park Rangers.

Can’t help thinking that the FL are on dodgy ground if challenged.
Anyone Else (n/t) on 23:10 - Oct 22 with 1835 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Anyone Else on 22:43 - Oct 22 by stevec

the problem I have with this apparent historical breach is the fact that if this is true then the paying public, in other words us, have the right to be told by the Football League exactly where the club stands.

Now I except we all buy our tickets because we support our football team, but at the same time we should not be kept in the dark if an outside source is effectively controlling the clubs finances.

Why for instance haven’t the football league told the club to include in its accounts the provision for an exceptional loss? That way we’d at least know what the club is up against. At present we are all buying tickets clueless of the clubs situation, the FL are potentially taking my money that I would only wish to be invested in Queens Park Rangers.

[Post edited 23 Oct 2017 0:29]
Anyone Else on 23:24 - Oct 22 with 1804 viewsdaveB

Anyone Else on 22:43 - Oct 22 by stevec

I don't think the case has been resolved yet so until that happens the football league or the club can't really tell us anything as they don't know how much we'll owe in fines
Anyone Else on 10:26 - Oct 23 with 1509 viewsstevec

Anyone Else on 23:24 - Oct 22 by daveB

I don't think the case has been resolved yet so until that happens the football league or the club can't really tell us anything as they don't know how much we'll owe in fines

The problem is Dave, it's all a case of what we think rather than specifics.

The FL must know the figure they want and that should be transparent. If I want to give money to charity its my choice, I do not want the FL deciding how much of my money goes to charity and them making the decision where it goes. That is essentially what is happening here.

It's irrelevant how little each and every supporter is contributing, collectively it amounts to millions and I would imagine the £30 each spends getting in every other week, we do it on the basis it goes towards the club we support.

The whole thing stinks. Either the club have got off relatively scot free and are using this FFP case as a cover, or the extent of the (potential) fine is so draconian that it could endanger the clubs existence. Whichever way it is, we all have a right to know how much we are contributing our hard earned towards, the club or a charity of someone else choice.
Anyone Else on 10:39 - Oct 23 with 1476 viewsDorse

It'd be great if Eze turns out to be as good as he looks. If we can keep bringing players through, it might be the making of the club. For example, Cole Kpekawa - a few games, decent bid and off he goes. Josh Bowler - First Team career can be measured in seconds and we take decent money from Everton. Even if Eze only gets a few games and we cash in, it's a win for us. Don't get me wrong, I would rather they were brilliant and stayed at the club but it's a sustainable model.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Anyone Else on 10:47 - Oct 23 with 1455 viewsfrancisbowles

Well this thread has gone off at a massive tangent but on the subject of FFP, I thought that the club had announced, absolutely ages ago, that they had agreed to binding arbitration.

We then went through a period a few weeks ago where there was media speculation that an announcement was supposed to be imminent, but still nothing?

Is there a statute of limitations on this, where if no decision has been reached we can drop the whole thing?
Anyone Else on 10:50 - Oct 23 with 1449 viewsdaveB

Anyone Else on 10:26 - Oct 23 by stevec

The problem is Dave, it's all a case of what we think rather than specifics.

The FL must know the figure they want and that should be transparent. If I want to give money to charity its my choice, I do not want the FL deciding how much of my money goes to charity and them making the decision where it goes. That is essentially what is happening here.

It's irrelevant how little each and every supporter is contributing, collectively it amounts to millions and I would imagine the £30 each spends getting in every other week, we do it on the basis it goes towards the club we support.

The whole thing stinks. Either the club have got off relatively scot free and are using this FFP case as a cover, or the extent of the (potential) fine is so draconian that it could endanger the clubs existence. Whichever way it is, we all have a right to know how much we are contributing our hard earned towards, the club or a charity of someone else choice.

Thats the problem though, until the case is settles what the football league want us to pay and what the club are willing to pay I'd imagine are very different so neither party can really say how much it is going to be as they won't know.

Regardless of the previous case though we have to meet the current requirements which are pretty clear and means we can't spend a great deal this season and will probably need to sell someone if we want to avoid a transfer embargo next summer
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024