Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scapeometer 13:45 - Oct 23 with 2031 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Scapeometer on 13:52 - Oct 23 with 2008 viewsDeepcutHoop

Poll is flawed.
Scapeometer on 13:59 - Oct 23 with 1984 viewsenfieldargh

Scapeometer on 13:52 - Oct 23 by DeepcutHoop

Poll is flawed.

Indeed, no zesh rehman

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Scapeometer on 14:01 - Oct 23 with 1975 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Poll is flawed.

Poles are flawed belongs in the UKIP thread mate.
Scapeometer on 14:05 - Oct 23 with 1960 viewsSimonJames

We don't need a scapegoat.
I'd prefer a blame-ometer on which I can choose Fernandes (not that it would change anything now).

100% of people who drink water will die.

Scapeometer on 14:20 - Oct 23 with 1920 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Scapeometer on 13:59 - Oct 23 by enfieldargh

Indeed, no zesh rehman

Or Karl Henry?
Scapeometer on 15:30 - Oct 23 with 1847 viewskarl

Poll is flawed.

It's massively flawed if you're colour blind!
What's wrong with 1,2,3,4......and percentages? It's all the reds fault whatever the question is anyway Baz
Scapeometer on 15:32 - Oct 23 with 1844 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Scapeometer on 15:30 - Oct 23 by karl

It's massively flawed if you're colour blind!
What's wrong with 1,2,3,4......and percentages? It's all the reds fault whatever the question is anyway Baz

You fresh from a LD conference or something? : )
Scapeometer on 15:55 - Oct 23 with 1803 viewskarl

Scapeometer on 15:32 - Oct 23 by BazzaInTheLoft

You fresh from a LD conference or something? : )

Sorry mate, obviously a bit over heated, must be the woolly jumper....

In Edinburgh for the big game tomorrow and afternoon drinking has obviously tipped me too much to the right
Login to get fewer ads

Scapeometer on 16:06 - Oct 23 with 1777 viewsrobith

I find it hard to call it scapegoating for Lynch. Scapegoat to me has an element of being undeserved? Lynch is just not very good. I can't blame him for the travails of the team because I expect literally nothing from him. Like if he gets super tight and turned and skinned has happens *every* time all I think is ¯_(ツ)_/¯ "Lynch gonna Lynch"
Scapeometer on 18:15 - Oct 23 with 1699 viewsPinnerPaul

Anyone who plays when we don't win.
Conversely anyone Ollie doesn't pick would have won us the game.
Scapeometer on 18:19 - Oct 23 with 1687 viewsLblock

NO BUNGLE = NO VOTE

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Scapeometer on 18:48 - Oct 23 with 1657 viewsHunterhoop

Scapeometer on 16:06 - Oct 23 by robith

I find it hard to call it scapegoating for Lynch. Scapegoat to me has an element of being undeserved? Lynch is just not very good. I can't blame him for the travails of the team because I expect literally nothing from him. Like if he gets super tight and turned and skinned has happens *every* time all I think is ¯_(ツ)_/¯ "Lynch gonna Lynch"

Indeed.

I don't think these sorts of threads are particularly helpful, even if they are just a bit of fun.

I'm very positive about the club, the manager, the DoC, the CEO, and still remain confident we're moving in the right direction. Christ I've just bought tickets for Forest away (again!) in the vain hope we'll win there for the first time!

However, reasoned criticism of certain players is fine. It doesn't mean it's witch hunt or making someone a scape goat. I think Lynch is very average, and far weaker than Ned, and I think Mackie has been mostly poor this season and needs to be dropped. Of course, I'll still support them when they play! But we're allowed to discuss who we think may be underperforming against performances those out of the team could put in.

For Lynch, it's tricky with all our injuries. We are where are there. He has to play.

But with Mackie, I'd rather play Washington, Sylla, Wheeler or one of the U23s at the minute, if we play a 352. In a 433, I'd play Pavel, Wheeler, Samuel, Lua Lua, and even Smyth over Mackie as one of the wide forwards supplying Sylla.

Mackie's effort is great. But his first touch, presence, involvement, positioning, pace and finishing have all been lacking in recent matches. I hope he turns his form around if he continues to start. But I'm not sure you can justify selecting him ahead of others, which Holloway keeps doing.
Scapeometer on 19:16 - Oct 23 with 1615 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Scapeometer on 18:48 - Oct 23 by Hunterhoop

Indeed.

I don't think these sorts of threads are particularly helpful, even if they are just a bit of fun.

I'm very positive about the club, the manager, the DoC, the CEO, and still remain confident we're moving in the right direction. Christ I've just bought tickets for Forest away (again!) in the vain hope we'll win there for the first time!

However, reasoned criticism of certain players is fine. It doesn't mean it's witch hunt or making someone a scape goat. I think Lynch is very average, and far weaker than Ned, and I think Mackie has been mostly poor this season and needs to be dropped. Of course, I'll still support them when they play! But we're allowed to discuss who we think may be underperforming against performances those out of the team could put in.

For Lynch, it's tricky with all our injuries. We are where are there. He has to play.

But with Mackie, I'd rather play Washington, Sylla, Wheeler or one of the U23s at the minute, if we play a 352. In a 433, I'd play Pavel, Wheeler, Samuel, Lua Lua, and even Smyth over Mackie as one of the wide forwards supplying Sylla.

Mackie's effort is great. But his first touch, presence, involvement, positioning, pace and finishing have all been lacking in recent matches. I hope he turns his form around if he continues to start. But I'm not sure you can justify selecting him ahead of others, which Holloway keeps doing.

Wasn't really intending to be helpful, was more about taking the piss.

If you want to tell me that Lynch gets turned inside out or Mackie can't finish his dinner then fine, whether I agree with you or not.

However, 'shit, get rid' or 'Mackie playing is like having 9 players' isn't really reasoned criticism is it?

I'm not trying to make out I'm holier than anyone else, but we are all supposed to love this club aren't we?
Scapeometer on 20:10 - Oct 23 with 1550 viewsHunterhoop

Scapeometer on 19:16 - Oct 23 by BazzaInTheLoft

Wasn't really intending to be helpful, was more about taking the piss.

If you want to tell me that Lynch gets turned inside out or Mackie can't finish his dinner then fine, whether I agree with you or not.

However, 'shit, get rid' or 'Mackie playing is like having 9 players' isn't really reasoned criticism is it?

I'm not trying to make out I'm holier than anyone else, but we are all supposed to love this club aren't we?

No of course that's not reasoned criticism. But it's lazy to lump all this reasonably criticising players and those few going OTT together.

There's been no real scapegoating this season. In fact this board has been remarkably positive compared to previous years given results so far!

I'm all for positivity, and absolutely behind supporting the club and players. But when that's what the majority of fans are doing, with a small dose of reasoned criticism, I think it's a bit OTT to get all high and mighty. It undermines being positive and calling out unnecessary negativity when it's genuinely there. Just my view. I'm sure we shall similar views on the club at present. I've been pleased with other fans this season (certainly compared to past seasons). One or two OTT negative posts is not really evident of the wider fanbase.
Scapeometer on 20:21 - Oct 23 with 1530 viewsessextaxiboy

Phillip Beard carries most of the blame IMO . Started the madness by allowing Hughes to "interview" us and oversaw most of the mad contracts that followed .
Always seen front and centre of the directors box home and away "living the dream" .
Arrived on the back of his O2 reputation but didnt move our big projects on at all but started us on the FFP slippery slope.
It has to be said that he was TF appointment ..
Scapeometer on 20:33 - Oct 23 with 1506 viewskarl

Scapeometer on 20:10 - Oct 23 by Hunterhoop

No of course that's not reasoned criticism. But it's lazy to lump all this reasonably criticising players and those few going OTT together.

There's been no real scapegoating this season. In fact this board has been remarkably positive compared to previous years given results so far!

I'm all for positivity, and absolutely behind supporting the club and players. But when that's what the majority of fans are doing, with a small dose of reasoned criticism, I think it's a bit OTT to get all high and mighty. It undermines being positive and calling out unnecessary negativity when it's genuinely there. Just my view. I'm sure we shall similar views on the club at present. I've been pleased with other fans this season (certainly compared to past seasons). One or two OTT negative posts is not really evident of the wider fanbase.

Knowing Baz as I do and not wanting to defend the bum(?) however I'd ease off Hunter, some use hyperbole to vent their anguish/anger at the club but Baz just goes the other way (on nearly every subject...) and always defends us. He's made a great comeback this week and we're giving him grief! We all love you mate
[Post edited 23 Oct 2017 20:34]
Scapeometer on 20:46 - Oct 23 with 1479 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Scapeometer on 20:10 - Oct 23 by Hunterhoop

Ok mate, well I'm sorry it's upset you.

I don't think I've lumped anybody together.

There has been plenty of scapegoating though, not to the point of cheering a Karl Henry sub granted. Have a little look at the post match comments.

I don't think I've made out it's extreme in volume or veracity. But it's there. Maybe I do act a bit high and mighty, which isn't good.

Have never described it as evident to the wider fanbase either, just a handful of online personalities.

I resent QPR and QPR players being used as a punch bag online, be it by 2 or 200 people. That is very different to criticism.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2017 20:47]
Scapeometer on 20:51 - Oct 23 with 1465 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Scapeometer on 20:33 - Oct 23 by karl

Knowing Baz as I do and not wanting to defend the bum(?) however I'd ease off Hunter, some use hyperbole to vent their anguish/anger at the club but Baz just goes the other way (on nearly every subject...) and always defends us. He's made a great comeback this week and we're giving him grief! We all love you mate

Cheers Karl. I am a bit of a bum.
Scapeometer on 20:52 - Oct 23 with 1464 viewsHunterhoop

Scapeometer on 20:33 - Oct 23 by karl

I'm not giving him grief, Karl.

Just think the thread was a bit OTT and it undermines the view we share (being positive about the club)!

I've always enjoyed Baz' presence on the Board too. But I don't think I was being unfair or giving him grief. As he said, we're allowed to disagree.

But yes, echo your comment, good to have Baz back on the board.
Scapeometer on 20:59 - Oct 23 with 1453 viewsHunterhoop

Scapeometer on 20:46 - Oct 23 by BazzaInTheLoft

Ok mate, well I'm sorry it's upset you.

I don't think I've lumped anybody together.

There has been plenty of scapegoating though, not to the point of cheering a Karl Henry sub granted. Have a little look at the post match comments.

I don't think I've made out it's extreme in volume or veracity. But it's there. Maybe I do act a bit high and mighty, which isn't good.

Have never described it as evident to the wider fanbase either, just a handful of online personalities.

I resent QPR and QPR players being used as a punch bag online, be it by 2 or 200 people. That is very different to criticism.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2017 20:47]

You haven't upset me at all! I just posted a comment on a msg board of mild disagreement. And then tried to frame things again in a less adversarial way.
Scapeometer on 22:01 - Oct 23 with 1382 viewsjohncharles

Scapeometer on 18:48 - Oct 23 by Hunterhoop

Indeed.

Robith and yourself might be taking a fun poll a little too seriously ?

Strong and stable my arse.

Scapeometer on 22:10 - Oct 23 with 1374 viewsdanehoop

Scapeometer on 20:59 - Oct 23 by Hunterhoop

You haven't upset me at all! I just posted a comment on a msg board of mild disagreement. And then tried to frame things again in a less adversarial way.

do you want some?

Never knowingly understood

Scapeometer on 22:29 - Oct 23 with 1345 viewskarl

Scapeometer on 22:01 - Oct 23 by johncharles

Get the red flag out Baz, you're back in business!!
Scapeometer on 11:28 - Oct 24 with 1242 viewsrobith

Scapeometer on 22:01 - Oct 23 by johncharles

Mine was meant to be a jovial, off kilter reply. Clearly I have failed!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024