Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Grenfell Game 13:54 - Oct 26 with 4067 viewsrobith

Raised over £900k.

Amazing stuff
Grenfell Game on 15:55 - Oct 26 with 4009 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Yeah, we might want that for our own disaster!

Good effort- we’ll done Rs.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Grenfell Game on 15:57 - Oct 26 with 4002 viewsTonto

is that all? sack Lee and Les!

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Grenfell Game on 16:37 - Oct 26 with 3946 viewshubble

It is amazing and well done to the club and all concerned. However, where is all this money going? Millions were raised in the aftermath, but currently I think only 12 families have been permanently rehoused. I wonder what's happening with all those millions? Does anyone know?

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Grenfell Game on 17:26 - Oct 26 with 3896 viewsfrancisbowles

Great news and a good day to release it!
Grenfell Game on 17:46 - Oct 26 with 3878 viewsbosh67

Very pleased for all concerned and effected by that terrible disaster. Well done the club and everyone, including the fans who took part to make such a wonderful and hopeful event happen in the wake of such a tragedy.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Grenfell Game on 17:57 - Oct 26 with 3855 viewsPinnerPaul

Can only echo what others have said & proves club CAN do some things right.
Grenfell Game on 18:45 - Oct 26 with 3821 viewsqprxtc

Brilliant. Well done everyone at Queens Park Rangers.

Maybe the League could knock off a few quid for this. Or probably add on a few million.
Grenfell Game on 19:41 - Oct 26 with 3776 viewsBrightonhoop

Yep. Very proud of what the Club have achieved on Grenfell.
Login to get fewer ads

Grenfell Game on 03:21 - Jan 14 with 2048 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Grim news.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/grenfell-firefighters-terminal-c
Grenfell Game on 08:14 - Jan 14 with 1896 viewsLoyalitat

Grenfell Game on 03:21 - Jan 14 by BazzaInTheLoft

Grim news.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/grenfell-firefighters-terminal-c

Grim indeed. And still, not even a modicum of justice for the families, deceased and the ridiculously brave firefighters on that fateful evening, has been meted out to any of the real perpetrators. It's now nearly five years since those horrific scenes took place and nothing. Absolute disgrace.

We all know who are culpable, but don't ignore the influence exerted and part played by some of the wealthy residents in that area who always viewed those flats as an "eyesore" in its original and safe construct. That building and others around there were unnecessarily encased in highly inflammable, sub-standard materials purely for "aesthetic" purposes on their repeated urgings.

Lived my first 20 years in Shepherds Court, there was a fire there not long after Grenfell. Mercifully, it comes under the jurisdiction of Hammersmith and Fulham council, the fire was contained in the flat because they didn't compromise on safety as the original construct had not been materially altered in any way. There were no deaths or serious injuries.

Many of the deaths should not have happened, no subsequent justice to date for their next of kin to offer some kind of "closure", and now a number of incredibly brave firefighters who went way beyond their call of duty that night, some of whom are now sadly diagnosed with terminal cancer, all for f*****g "aesthetics".
Grenfell Game on 08:46 - Jan 14 with 1853 viewsstevec

Grenfell Game on 08:14 - Jan 14 by Loyalitat

Grim indeed. And still, not even a modicum of justice for the families, deceased and the ridiculously brave firefighters on that fateful evening, has been meted out to any of the real perpetrators. It's now nearly five years since those horrific scenes took place and nothing. Absolute disgrace.

We all know who are culpable, but don't ignore the influence exerted and part played by some of the wealthy residents in that area who always viewed those flats as an "eyesore" in its original and safe construct. That building and others around there were unnecessarily encased in highly inflammable, sub-standard materials purely for "aesthetic" purposes on their repeated urgings.

Lived my first 20 years in Shepherds Court, there was a fire there not long after Grenfell. Mercifully, it comes under the jurisdiction of Hammersmith and Fulham council, the fire was contained in the flat because they didn't compromise on safety as the original construct had not been materially altered in any way. There were no deaths or serious injuries.

Many of the deaths should not have happened, no subsequent justice to date for their next of kin to offer some kind of "closure", and now a number of incredibly brave firefighters who went way beyond their call of duty that night, some of whom are now sadly diagnosed with terminal cancer, all for f*****g "aesthetics".

Are you sure it was done for aesthetic purposes, because an awful lot of privately owned properties throughout the country have also been covered in these death trap materials.

From what I’ve been advised virtually all cladding had been added on environmental advice. The law of unintended consequences rearing its ugly head once again and somewhat swept under the carpet.

The insulation industry is awash with cowboy operators, such that if you read into it thoroughly enough, you’d be totally opposed to having it installed on even a square inch of your own house.

Tragically, the people of Grenfell and the like don’t get a say on the environmental impact these things might have on their own lives and subsequently become the victims of ‘well meaning’ lobbying groups and the Governments and Councils who are too willing to fulfil their every command without taking the necessary due diligence.

I’m not even sure this is even being discussed within the enquiry.
Grenfell Game on 09:13 - Jan 14 with 1818 viewsQPR_Jim

Grenfell Game on 08:46 - Jan 14 by stevec

Are you sure it was done for aesthetic purposes, because an awful lot of privately owned properties throughout the country have also been covered in these death trap materials.

From what I’ve been advised virtually all cladding had been added on environmental advice. The law of unintended consequences rearing its ugly head once again and somewhat swept under the carpet.

The insulation industry is awash with cowboy operators, such that if you read into it thoroughly enough, you’d be totally opposed to having it installed on even a square inch of your own house.

Tragically, the people of Grenfell and the like don’t get a say on the environmental impact these things might have on their own lives and subsequently become the victims of ‘well meaning’ lobbying groups and the Governments and Councils who are too willing to fulfil their every command without taking the necessary due diligence.

Not all insulation is flammable, rockwool isn't for example. The reason flammable insulation was widely used pre Grenfell is that it was cheaper and required less depth. So it was cost, space and aesthetic considerations.

The flammable insulation can still be used in some circumstances, like a flat roof, where there will be plasterboard between any fire and the insulation. Generally a domestic residence should be able to be evacuated quite quickly, so doesn't need the same fire duration as something like Grenfell, so you shouldn't be too worried about your own house.
Grenfell Game on 09:35 - Jan 14 with 1753 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Grenfell Game on 09:13 - Jan 14 by QPR_Jim

Not all insulation is flammable, rockwool isn't for example. The reason flammable insulation was widely used pre Grenfell is that it was cheaper and required less depth. So it was cost, space and aesthetic considerations.

The flammable insulation can still be used in some circumstances, like a flat roof, where there will be plasterboard between any fire and the insulation. Generally a domestic residence should be able to be evacuated quite quickly, so doesn't need the same fire duration as something like Grenfell, so you shouldn't be too worried about your own house.

That's my reading of it too. Good summary, Jim.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Grenfell Game on 09:55 - Jan 14 with 1712 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Grenfell Game on 08:46 - Jan 14 by stevec

‘From what I’ve been advised virtually all cladding had been added on environmental advice’

Absolutely not true, and a bit ghoulish to use the issue of terminally ill firefighters and 72 dead residents to push this nonsense on if I’m honest.

If it’s not being discussed at the inquiry, it’s probably because the TMO have already released documents stating the cladding was added for aesthetic value.

The council document reads: “TMO was keen to look at cladding Grenfell Tower and replacing the windows.

“This would have the advantage of addressing the investment needs of one of its worst property assets and prevent it looking like a poor cousin to the brand new facility being developed next door.”
[Post edited 14 Jan 2023 10:21]
Grenfell Game on 10:37 - Jan 14 with 1637 viewsPunteR

Grenfell Game on 09:55 - Jan 14 by BazzaInTheLoft

‘From what I’ve been advised virtually all cladding had been added on environmental advice’

Absolutely not true, and a bit ghoulish to use the issue of terminally ill firefighters and 72 dead residents to push this nonsense on if I’m honest.

If it’s not being discussed at the inquiry, it’s probably because the TMO have already released documents stating the cladding was added for aesthetic value.

The council document reads: “TMO was keen to look at cladding Grenfell Tower and replacing the windows.

“This would have the advantage of addressing the investment needs of one of its worst property assets and prevent it looking like a poor cousin to the brand new facility being developed next door.”
[Post edited 14 Jan 2023 10:21]

There's nothing wrong with changing the aesthetics of a building of course or even it's thermal properties to bring it up to date to modern requirements.
It sounds like there was issues in the building before the cladding went up. This to my mind is where the problems start.
The lack of investment in maintaining the building and making sure everything else was sufficient before a cosmetic and thermal upgrade.
I don't really know but the project probably got funded by whoever because of the thermal properties rather then making the building look nice.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Grenfell Game on 10:41 - Jan 14 with 1627 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Grenfell Game on 10:37 - Jan 14 by PunteR

There's nothing wrong with changing the aesthetics of a building of course or even it's thermal properties to bring it up to date to modern requirements.
It sounds like there was issues in the building before the cladding went up. This to my mind is where the problems start.
The lack of investment in maintaining the building and making sure everything else was sufficient before a cosmetic and thermal upgrade.
I don't really know but the project probably got funded by whoever because of the thermal properties rather then making the building look nice.

There is literally a TMO document saying otherwise.
Grenfell Game on 10:43 - Jan 14 with 1619 viewsPunteR

Grenfell Game on 10:41 - Jan 14 by BazzaInTheLoft

There is literally a TMO document saying otherwise.

Saying what sorry?.
Can you be more specific please Baz

Ok you mean it was absolutely for Aesthetic reasons?.

My point being ,there's nothing wrong with upgrading a building for aesthetics. But obviously in a way that doesn't compromise the safety of residents. Which tragically happened.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2023 10:58]

Grenfell Game on 12:03 - Jan 14 with 1472 viewsPinnerPaul

And I got to referee on the hallowed pitch - I did the earlier U15s tournament inc the final.
Grenfell Game on 12:03 - Jan 14 with 1470 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Grenfell Game on 10:43 - Jan 14 by PunteR

Saying what sorry?.
Can you be more specific please Baz

Ok you mean it was absolutely for Aesthetic reasons?.

My point being ,there's nothing wrong with upgrading a building for aesthetics. But obviously in a way that doesn't compromise the safety of residents. Which tragically happened.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2023 10:58]

Sorry that came across a bit curt as I was rushing out the door.

Nothing wrong at all with upgrading a building to look better, or even to improve insulation. Everyone is better off.

The motivation was just for aesthetic reasons though and not forced through by environmental legislation which was Steve C’s slanted and in my opinion distasteful point. It’s there in black and white.
Grenfell Game on 12:55 - Jan 14 with 1342 viewsPaddyhoops

Grenfell Game on 08:14 - Jan 14 by Loyalitat

Terrible news for all concerned but I’m sure they’ll adequately compensated by this wonderful government. Won’t they ?
They will probably spend millions on another inquiry.. Deny everything and finally cough up 10 years down the line.
Grenfell was an accident waiting to happen and a stain on this country.
Well done to everyone at QPR. Superb.
Grenfell Game on 01:54 - Jan 15 with 1047 viewsPunteR

Grenfell Game on 12:03 - Jan 14 by BazzaInTheLoft

Sorry that came across a bit curt as I was rushing out the door.

Nothing wrong at all with upgrading a building to look better, or even to improve insulation. Everyone is better off.

The motivation was just for aesthetic reasons though and not forced through by environmental legislation which was Steve C’s slanted and in my opinion distasteful point. It’s there in black and white.

Not forced through by environmental legislation but gave the project credence and possibly the financial backing which is possibly what Steve was alluding too.
You flag up environment issues and people take advantage and use that as an angle to get things done.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2023 2:01]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024