Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Crohns 19:59 - Oct 26 with 2434 viewsAgedR

Fellow hoops,

I’ve mentioned my twin boys on the forum before (one Rangers, one Fulham).

Today, after an surgical exploratory, one of my lads has been diagnosed with Crohn’s disease.

The early prognosis is not encouraging and we may be looking at significant bowel removal.

This isn’t my cathartic release, but, an appeal for any of my fellow hoop travellers who may have experienced this condition to share their experiences, so that I can be best equipped to help my boy. I’ve read the advice, but, real life reports seem to mean more.

He’s a gem of a centre midfielder by the way, in the Currie mode.

Thanks lads (and lasses) for indulging me.

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Crohns on 20:12 - Oct 26 with 2404 viewsMancR

That's a bit of a shocker Aged but it could've been a lt worse news. For what it's worth a taught an 11 year old lad with crohns. He was a terrific kid and with support managed his symptoms really well. He was into all kinds of sports and did great at school and is currently training to be a doctor. Keep head up and I'm sure you can cope as a family 👊
Crohns on 20:29 - Oct 26 with 2375 viewsted_hendrix

Good luck to your lad mate, give him my best wishes and keep your chin up.

Ted.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Crohns on 20:48 - Oct 26 with 2357 viewsPunteR

How old is your boy AgedR?

My 9 year old doesn't have Crohns but has a condition called MEN 2B. He also had a condition called ..wait for it... Intestinal Ganglioneuromatosis.
Basically the Ganglions cells in his large intestine were so large that it stopped his large bowel from working so had to have it removed. He also had to have an iliostimy for a year which was reversible. Most of his operations happened when he was 4-6 years old.
Despite also having ops concerning other issues (I could write a book on that) he continues to be a bright and energetic boy with loads of character. He's also a big QPR fan.:)
I guess what i'm trying to say is dont panic. It might be a hard thing to deal with at first but you adapt quicker than you think, whether as a parent dealing with the situation or as someone having to live with an illness.
Sorry i couldnt help more with advise about Crohns .
All the best.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Crohns on 21:00 - Oct 26 with 2341 viewsPunteR

Just to add that the human body is a marvellous machine and when it comes to the bowel department its literally like a plumber taking out a blocked or faulty section of pipe and reconnecting allowing it to flush through as it were.
Well , hopefully not a literal plumber doing the surgery but you know what i mean..;)

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Crohns on 21:07 - Oct 26 with 2329 viewsAgedR

Crohns on 21:00 - Oct 26 by PunteR

Just to add that the human body is a marvellous machine and when it comes to the bowel department its literally like a plumber taking out a blocked or faulty section of pipe and reconnecting allowing it to flush through as it were.
Well , hopefully not a literal plumber doing the surgery but you know what i mean..;)

Thanks mate, he’s 14.

You’re right of course, the human body is pretty incredible.

Crohns on 21:40 - Oct 26 with 2271 viewsdolcelatte

Finding the right diet is everything with Chron's. Find a nutritional Istanbul with experience of helping Chrons and surgical removal can be avoided.

Poll: Are you sick of people asking if you are sick of polls?

Crohns on 06:40 - Oct 27 with 2104 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Crohns on 21:40 - Oct 26 by dolcelatte

Finding the right diet is everything with Chron's. Find a nutritional Istanbul with experience of helping Chrons and surgical removal can be avoided.

A cousin has Crohns and as said above, diet is crucial.

Only thing is, and maybe this won't be too surprising, I bought her a book about advice on diet and a lot of it ran contrary to what her doctors advised! So, proceed with caution.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Crohns on 09:33 - Oct 27 with 2041 viewskingsburyR

I have three cousins with Crohns.

They all maintain a good lifestyle by managing their diet carefully.

I dont think any of them have had surgery.

Good luck to you all!!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Login to get fewer ads

Crohns on 10:21 - Oct 27 with 2013 viewsSydneyRs

My 11 year old nephew was diagnosed with it a while back. They put him on a diet of just nutritional drinks/shakes for around 4 months, no food at all, to get everything to settle down a bit. He's back eating now and taking regular medication and going for regular tests but its being managed quite well so far. Long way to go of course.
Crohns on 11:04 - Oct 27 with 1982 viewshubble

Sorry to hear this mate, I know how tough it can be, a good friend's daughter was diagnosed with Crohn's many years ago and it was a really difficult journey. The science and the understanding has improved hugely since then though. One thing you may consider looking into is fecal implants - there's been a lot of study into this recently and some really positive results. Good luck.
Crohns on 18:09 - Oct 27 with 1824 viewsQueener_83

I’ve been suffering with this nasty illness for 15ish years, ask the consultant about INFLIXIMAB. I’m on this for a few years now and it works wonders. I can eat most things without or very minor consequences. He’ll have to have infusions every 6-8 weeks for about 4 hours at a time. Hope this helps.
Crohns on 19:45 - Oct 27 with 1776 viewsjohncharles

Great response from fellow R's.
I know nothing about Crohns but reading this thread is uplifting. All the best Aged and your family.

Strong and stable my arse.

Crohns on 23:37 - Oct 27 with 1694 viewsSimonJames

My eldest son (19 years old) was diagnosed with one version of it a couple of years ago. Took ages for them to figure out what was going on, but he seems to have it under control with daily medication.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Crohns on 04:42 - Oct 28 with 1672 viewsAgedR

Thanks for the kindness, it’s really a tremendous help.

Exactly what I’ve come to expect from this board.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024