Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blue Planet 2 21:23 - Oct 29 with 3870 viewssmegma

I believe I have just watched THE best tv programme that has ever been made. From a tuskfish that smashes a clam against a rock to open it up, to a female fish that changes sex and ends up looking like John Merrick (the Elephant Man) , to fish leaping out of the water to catch a bird and then dolphins surfing. David Attenborough, you are a real national treasure.

I don't think it can bettered in the remaining episodes but I will watch to see if I'm wrong.
Blue Planet 2 on 21:27 - Oct 29 with 3853 viewsBoston

Will the final episode have Attenborough consumed by a shark?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Blue Planet 2 on 21:29 - Oct 29 with 3832 viewsCiderwithRsie

Blue Planet 2 on 21:27 - Oct 29 by Boston

Will the final episode have Attenborough consumed by a shark?

Maybe he could jump over one while being towed on waterskis?
Blue Planet 2 on 21:33 - Oct 29 with 3822 viewssmegma

Blue Planet 2 on 21:29 - Oct 29 by CiderwithRsie

Maybe he could jump over one while being towed on waterskis?

He's not the Fonz !!!!
Blue Planet 2 on 22:14 - Oct 29 with 3745 viewscolinallcars

Unable to go to the pub this evening due to illness, but some compensation in watching this superb programme. Makes it worth having a high end TV.
Blue Planet 2 on 22:22 - Oct 29 with 3719 viewsShotKneesHoop

Best Sunday viewing ever -

Highlight QPR 2 Wolves 1 - Channel 5

Scotland Yard - Talking Pictures

Von Ryans Express - TCM

Blue Planet - BBC 1

Match of the Big Billy Bollox Day - BBC1

Weather Forecast - Sky - always the best programme on that Channel.

Plus this wonderful Smiths Live clip - dedicated to the Football League - "I don't owe you anything"

Johnny Marr - Stan Bowles with a guitar.
[Post edited 29 Oct 2017 22:29]

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Blue Planet 2 on 22:24 - Oct 29 with 3710 views2Thomas2Bowles

A walrus holding it baby in its flippers, the mother and baby stay close all their lives, real love.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Blue Planet 2 on 22:40 - Oct 29 with 3678 viewsHadders

Once had a conversation in the staffroom of a school I worked in, begun when I said it was hard to think of anyone in this country who was universally loved. Eventually someone suggested Michael Palin and David Attenborough: "Everyone loves David Attenborough, surely."
" Can't f@cking stand him," said Gill, the TA.
Blue Planet 2 on 06:16 - Oct 30 with 3535 viewsngbqpr

Blue Planet 2 on 22:40 - Oct 29 by Hadders

Once had a conversation in the staffroom of a school I worked in, begun when I said it was hard to think of anyone in this country who was universally loved. Eventually someone suggested Michael Palin and David Attenborough: "Everyone loves David Attenborough, surely."
" Can't f@cking stand him," said Gill, the TA.

Did Gill the TA outline the thinking behind this scurrilous statement?

I'm very anti-royal and think I might leave the country for a couple of weeks when Ma'am finally shuffles off this mortal coil - but when Attenborough leaves us (and sprightly as he is for a nonagenarian that sad day will come as it does to us all), I think a week's national mourning is in order.

By the way there was one fish, didn't catch it's name, that I thought looked exactly like a 40/50 something ex-hooligan skinhead

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Login to get fewer ads

Blue Planet 2 on 07:46 - Oct 30 with 3449 viewsDorse

Blue Planet 2 on 22:24 - Oct 29 by 2Thomas2Bowles

A walrus holding it baby in its flippers, the mother and baby stay close all their lives, real love.

Mainly because she probably doesn't insist on the son coming over every fcuking five minutes or having family 'get togethers' which usually involve going to whatever soulless crappy carvery she happens to have a token for.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Blue Planet 2 on 08:46 - Oct 30 with 3383 viewspaesanu

Amazing TV last night. You think he can't show you anything new, but just wow, scifi stuff last night. Sir David should really be on some sort of Global Royalty status, and his shows on every school's curriculum.

Poll: If you see someone filming their partner driving at 160mph.. would you

Blue Planet 2 on 09:00 - Oct 30 with 3359 views2Thomas2Bowles

Blue Planet 2 on 07:46 - Oct 30 by Dorse

Mainly because she probably doesn't insist on the son coming over every fcuking five minutes or having family 'get togethers' which usually involve going to whatever soulless crappy carvery she happens to have a token for.

U iz bad

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Blue Planet 2 on 09:11 - Oct 30 with 3343 viewssmegma

Goo goo goo joob
Blue Planet 2 on 11:57 - Oct 30 with 3226 viewssimmo

Absolutely love Blue Planet, full range of emotions in one hour of learning - so pleased it's back

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Blue Planet 2 on 12:13 - Oct 30 with 3191 viewsted_hendrix

The Mantis shrimp (aka the 'pistol shrimp') is the hardest shrimp/animal type thing on the planet, it could smash the head in of any other type of prawn, crab, crocodile or even elephants and grazing wildebeests
Hard as hobnail boots and never lost a punch up yet.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Blue Planet 2 on 19:01 - Oct 30 with 2983 viewsHadders

Blue Planet 2 on 06:16 - Oct 30 by ngbqpr

Did Gill the TA outline the thinking behind this scurrilous statement?

I'm very anti-royal and think I might leave the country for a couple of weeks when Ma'am finally shuffles off this mortal coil - but when Attenborough leaves us (and sprightly as he is for a nonagenarian that sad day will come as it does to us all), I think a week's national mourning is in order.

By the way there was one fish, didn't catch it's name, that I thought looked exactly like a 40/50 something ex-hooligan skinhead

Let's just say she is not someone often confused with a ray of sunshine, and her politics are a bit old school East End (think I can guess which side she'd have been on in The Battle of Cable Street). Probably thinks Attenborough is a bit too gay with the gorillas and pro-migration, what with his eulogies over wilderbeast and them monarch butterflies. I am with you mate, though of course (as Sir Dave would be the first to acknowledge) he has always been the face of large and extraordinary teams.
[Post edited 30 Oct 2017 19:05]
Blue Planet 2 on 19:47 - Oct 30 with 2936 viewsHantsR

We sat and drooled over those wonderful images. What a fantastic programme. Glad to hear today that many more people watched that than the other dross such as Strictly.

I caught some whopping big Trevally (30lb +) near Christmas Island (now Kiritimati) but I never heard of them leaping to catch terns as they were shown doing.
Blue Planet 2 on 19:56 - Oct 30 with 2927 viewsBoston

I am the walrus, coo coo cachoo.

Blue Planet 2 on 19:59 - Oct 30 with 2922 viewsHantsR

Blue Planet 2 on 12:13 - Oct 30 by ted_hendrix

The Mantis shrimp (aka the 'pistol shrimp') is the hardest shrimp/animal type thing on the planet, it could smash the head in of any other type of prawn, crab, crocodile or even elephants and grazing wildebeests

Grazing wildebeests? I think you've mentioned them before, that's old gnus.
Blue Planet 2 on 20:04 - Oct 30 with 2916 viewsBoston

Blue Planet 2 on 19:59 - Oct 30 by HantsR

Grazing wildebeests? I think you've mentioned them before, that's old gnus.

Gnus and Roses, they grow on you.

Blue Planet 2 on 20:14 - Oct 30 with 2902 viewsdolcelatte

Blue Planet 2 on 12:13 - Oct 30 by ted_hendrix

Got one of those in my reef tank. Often hear it clicking away when the lights go out. Fish stay well out of its way lest they end up dinner. That said there is a type of goby that pairs up with it and they become inseparable buddies.

Poll: Are you sick of people asking if you are sick of polls?

Blue Planet 2 on 20:46 - Oct 30 with 2871 viewsCiderwithRsie

My daughter (now 16) said that when her biology teacher put on an old dvd of Planet Earth a couple of years back she (my daughter) embarrassed herself by giving a little squeak of excitement when Sir Dave came on screen.

I told her it was a sight better getting excited over Attenborough than Justin bloody Bieber.
Blue Planet 2 on 22:10 - Oct 30 with 2792 viewsLythamR

Blue Planet 2 on 19:47 - Oct 30 by HantsR

We sat and drooled over those wonderful images. What a fantastic programme. Glad to hear today that many more people watched that than the other dross such as Strictly.

I caught some whopping big Trevally (30lb +) near Christmas Island (now Kiritimati) but I never heard of them leaping to catch terns as they were shown doing.

Caught?

you can come clean now, it just jumped into your boat didn't it :)
Blue Planet 2 on 22:16 - Oct 30 with 2782 viewsHantsR

Blue Planet 2 on 22:10 - Oct 30 by LythamR

Caught?

you can come clean now, it just jumped into your boat didn't it :)

Fair cop, but that's what fishermen's tales are about, and the fish get bigger everytime I tell the story.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024