Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A team to be proud of. 10:32 - Nov 1 with 2913 viewsjohnhoop

I actually felt at the end of the game last night,as on Saturday, that for the first time in ages, the fans actually have a team they can feel really positive about and be proud of supporting. They may not be the most technically gifted set of players we’ve ever had but they give absolutely everything for the cause and show a level of commitment we haven’t seen for a long time. All credit to Ollie for instilling this degree of team spirit and to the players for carrying it through onto the pitch. As Clive said in a recent report, it’s disappointing that more R’s fans aren’t making the journey to LR to give their support because for me it’s definitely the most enjoyable football I’ve seen since the Warnock promotion season.
A team to be proud of. on 10:40 - Nov 1 with 2887 viewsterryb

And was the reason for the far better atmosphere at the ground last night.

It was only right that we responded to the team's efforts with our support. We were at one with the players for getting through the match with a win.
A team to be proud of. on 10:50 - Nov 1 with 2835 viewspaulparker

yes its disappointing but charging fans £34 plus booking fees for championship football is always going to keep people away

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

A team to be proud of. on 10:51 - Nov 1 with 2834 viewsdaveB

It's like 2002 all over again, Holloway putting together another team to be very proud of during a difficult period for the club. He's far from perfect but a year on from Hasselbaink going no one can tell me we haven't seen a massive improvement. Long may it continue
A team to be proud of. on 13:34 - Nov 1 with 2646 viewsotford_hoop

Without a shadow of a doubt, the most enjoyable side we've watched for years. My 15 year old son is really taken with this bunch purely because they seem to care so much and leave everything on the pitch. Not sure i'd take the captaincy off Mass even when Ned is back, he is growing in stature with every game. Hopefully the crowds increase as the season progresses, but nice to hear the atmosphere gradually getting better. It's been a while but the club and team really seem to be on the right road.
A team to be proud of. on 13:47 - Nov 1 with 2606 viewsbosh67

Two things about this team

1. They are fitter than most other teams this season
2. They are playing for the first time in ages like a team

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

A team to be proud of. on 15:02 - Nov 1 with 2467 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Agree with all posters on this.

Important we don't get carried away as we're only twelfth and all that but, but, but... it's just so enjoyable to see *our* team behave as they should. I love the body language, the encouragement, the pats on the back. At one stage in the first half Wheeler had tucked in far too much as Sheff Utd attacked through the middle, they naturally played his wing and a dangerous cross looked inevitable until he charged out and got a block on it for a corner (I think). Instead of bawling him out of it his team-mates gave him encouragement, praise and a low-five.

This is the spirit that will make young players better and fans happier. It's a virtuous circle.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024