Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Beyond weird 13:59 - Nov 4 with 2991 viewssmegma

On my way to Harlington this morning to watch the under 18s and U16s when some bloke gets on the bus and says 'hello' to me . At first I didn't recognise him as I wasn't expecting someone who lives in the Republc to be on a 140 bus in Hayes at 10.30 on a Saturday morning. Even more weird is he's a regular poster on here ?!!! He goes by the name of Brian McCarthy.

BTW Under 18s won at home for the first time this season, beating Charlton 2-1.
Meanwhile the Unde 16s lost 3-1 to Charlton.

Brian : the family name is O'Brien.
Beyond weird on 14:18 - Nov 4 with 2931 viewsPommyhoop

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Beyond weird on 14:20 - Nov 4 with 2926 viewsEsox_Lucius

I think that Brian is the same Brian that used to stand to the right side of the goal, looking to the school end, right behind the goal in the Loft with a regular(ish) little clique of 6-10 male and female regulars back in the 80's. I will stand to be corrected but it seems like a huge coincidence.

The grass is always greener.

Beyond weird on 17:08 - Nov 4 with 2771 viewssmegma

Beyond weird on 14:20 - Nov 4 by Esox_Lucius

I think that Brian is the same Brian that used to stand to the right side of the goal, looking to the school end, right behind the goal in the Loft with a regular(ish) little clique of 6-10 male and female regulars back in the 80's. I will stand to be corrected but it seems like a huge coincidence.

Huge coincidence? He woke up in Cork this morning , had a 1pm meeting in Hayes. On his way from Heathrow to Hayes he checked if there were any Youth games in Harlington. He even said ' I'll probably meet Smegma there !'. Me and Brian go back about 25 years.
Beyond weird on 18:03 - Nov 4 with 2629 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Lovely morning. What a bonus!

Great meeting Smegma.

Nice to see both the 16's and 18's play. Some nice talent there. Got the impression that the lesser lights shone today while the more celebrated prospects had a quiet morning.

Really enjoyed getting the rundown from Smegma. On the way back to Heathrow now for the flight home.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Beyond weird on 18:04 - Nov 4 with 2618 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Beyond weird on 14:20 - Nov 4 by Esox_Lucius

Yep, Esox,

That's where we used to stand and when they put the seats in we moved back a bit but stayed in the same area more or less.

Beyond weird on 21:15 - Nov 4 with 2376 viewssmegma

Brian, I ended up seeing two more games!!

CB Hounslow United (reserves) 2 Bentham 6
CB Hounslow United 0 Walton & Hersham 2

Safe trip home mate.
Beyond weird on 22:28 - Nov 4 with 2233 viewsBoston

Get real Smegs, if this McCarthy was anyway decent his company trip would have included a chauffeur driven motor and not had you slumming it on the 140!

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Beyond weird on 23:00 - Nov 4 with 2178 viewskarl

Beyond weird on 22:28 - Nov 4 by Boston

Get real Smegs, if this McCarthy was anyway decent his company trip would have included a chauffeur driven motor and not had you slumming it on the 140!

Private jet to the Netherlands and the 140 to Harlington, what was he trying to hide? Next you'll be telling me he wasn't dressed as Don Givens!
Login to get fewer ads

Beyond weird on 23:34 - Nov 4 with 2134 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Beyond weird on 21:15 - Nov 4 by smegma

Brian, I ended up seeing two more games!!

CB Hounslow United (reserves) 2 Bentham 6
CB Hounslow United 0 Walton & Hersham 2

Safe trip home mate.

Thanks my man.

Just crawling into bed soon, jetlagged from the 140 Bus!

Thanks for an enjoyable morning's football. Tell Alan and the lads I sent my regards.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2017 23:35]

Beyond weird on 23:39 - Nov 4 with 2124 viewsFredManRave

Is this him?!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Beyond weird on 23:43 - Nov 4 with 2112 viewskarl

Beyond weird on 23:39 - Nov 4 by FredManRave

Is this him?!

Caption
See if I find that fella who turned up at Harlington pretending to be me.......
Beyond weird on 23:49 - Nov 4 with 2098 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Is this him?!

"Christ, is there any sign of that 140 bus? Should have gone to Holland"

Beyond weird on 08:59 - Nov 5 with 1852 viewssmegma

Is this him?!

Does he like corned beef ???
Beyond weird on 09:13 - Nov 5 with 1837 viewsEsox_Lucius

Beyond weird on 18:04 - Nov 4 by BrianMcCarthy

Yep, Esox,

That's where we used to stand and when they put the seats in we moved back a bit but stayed in the same area more or less.

I still see Marilyn at most home games and Phil occasionally but Barbara, who never missed a game home or away, is now too ill to attend matches anymore :-( Ariel still goes regularly but I don't think Vicky or Diane go anymore, at least, I have never seen them at Loftus Road. Tom English (the steward) now stewards the disabled section despite being 175 years old :-).

The grass is always greener.

Beyond weird on 10:29 - Nov 5 with 1744 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Beyond weird on 09:13 - Nov 5 by Esox_Lucius

I still see Marilyn at most home games and Phil occasionally but Barbara, who never missed a game home or away, is now too ill to attend matches anymore :-( Ariel still goes regularly but I don't think Vicky or Diane go anymore, at least, I have never seen them at Loftus Road. Tom English (the steward) now stewards the disabled section despite being 175 years old :-).

They were such a good gang to have near us. They used to take my little sister down the front of the Loft with them and look after her, feed her tea and Twix.

When I see old clips of the Loft I'm always drawn to Tom. Glad he's still doing well. Ordinarily a gent, he'll never be forgotten for sweeping up the horse crap off the plastic pitch and pretending to lob it at the West Ham fans!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024