Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Players everyone rates but you dont 14:58 - Nov 9 with 14028 viewspaulparker

talking to a west ham fan at work and we have spent the last 4 hours chewing the fat , well arguing basically about the great players, pretty much everyone he said was brilliant , ive said was sh1te

Ian rush - never got it , terrible for wales, Juventus, leeds , Newcastle

Eden Hazard - never seen him really be a world beater in any game , goes missing especially in the big games

Alan Hansen- the biggest myth that he was Britain's best defender ,

Alexis Sanchez - I don't think he is worth 2 million let alone 53 million

jack Wilshire- I keep hearing he is the man we are missing in our midfield for England and that he was a world beater in a game against Barcelona about 6 years ago , I just see a bloke with a broken leg who smokes a lot

oh and cantona as well , retired before 30 and never done it in Europe or in a tournament

anyone else got players who everyone loves and raves about but you cannot see it ?

anyone else

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Players everyone rates but you dont on 15:08 - Nov 9 with 5525 viewsHayesender

Peter Shilton. Seemed to deteriorate very quickly and cost England at both the 86 and 90 world cups. He's attempts to save the German penaltys were shocking

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Players everyone rates but you dont on 15:09 - Nov 9 with 5519 viewsDorse

John Terry. C unt.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Players everyone rates but you dont on 15:28 - Nov 9 with 5476 viewsLunarJetman

Players everyone rates but you dont on 15:08 - Nov 9 by Hayesender

Peter Shilton. Seemed to deteriorate very quickly and cost England at both the 86 and 90 world cups. He's attempts to save the German penaltys were shocking

Its generous of you to call them 'attempts'....
Players everyone rates but you dont on 15:32 - Nov 9 with 5467 views1MoreBrightonR

Kevin Gallen. was a bit younger then but he drove me nuts. tin hat... :)

For years, giggs and the last few years of his career, i was converted.

Chris Sutton...though did anyone actually think he was great?
Players everyone rates but you dont on 15:35 - Nov 9 with 5461 viewsMick_S

Players everyone rates but you dont on 15:32 - Nov 9 by 1MoreBrightonR

Kevin Gallen. was a bit younger then but he drove me nuts. tin hat... :)

For years, giggs and the last few years of his career, i was converted.

Chris Sutton...though did anyone actually think he was great?

He did.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Players everyone rates but you dont on 15:38 - Nov 9 with 5444 viewsDaiHo0p

Sylla
Players everyone rates but you dont on 15:50 - Nov 9 with 5414 viewspaulparker

Players everyone rates but you dont on 15:08 - Nov 9 by Hayesender

spot on about shilton , I said this in the Pirlo thread

also peter shilton is another in the overrated category , awful keeper and a pompous tvvat to boot, and totally his fault for the goal against Germany and not Parkers in 1990 ,I mean how can you get lobbed on your line FFS it really is schoolboy stuff that oh and in 86 he was garbage too
infact Germany could still be taking penalties against him 27 years later and he still wouldn't have got near them ,

he was also manager in a charity game I played in at Wembley before they knocked the old Wembley down , didn't have a fcukin clue and I told him as much as well

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Players everyone rates but you dont on 15:52 - Nov 9 with 5408 viewsrobith

Jack Wilshere was once very rude to me in a London club. He's a nobber. But I don't think anyone really rates him any more he's an absolute waste man
Login to get fewer ads

Players everyone rates but you dont on 16:18 - Nov 9 with 5348 viewsloftboy

Gary lineker, if I stood on the 6 yard box week in week out I’m sure I’d score a lot of goals as well.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Players everyone rates but you dont on 16:21 - Nov 9 with 5344 viewsrunningman75

Players everyone rates but you dont on 15:52 - Nov 9 by robith

Jack Wilshere was once very rude to me in a London club. He's a nobber. But I don't think anyone really rates him any more he's an absolute waste man

Jack Wiltshire in a London club though the type of clubs he goes to is about being seen rather than enjoying yourself. I once went to a high end club and hated it especially as the cheapest drink was small bottles of beer for 6 quid when people were quaffing Jack Daniels at £150 a bottle ( yet it came with a sparkler) or Champagne at massive markup.
Players everyone rates but you dont on 16:45 - Nov 9 with 5291 viewsWestbourneR

You really wouldn't pay £2miilion quid for Alexis Sanchez? He's very good.

I think Kane looks like he's totally mal-coordinated and had has horrible technique. I know I'm wrong. Always thought Moussa Sissoko was a dog but that seems to be more widely accepted now.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Players everyone rates but you dont on 16:52 - Nov 9 with 5275 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

QPR wise, Alan McDonald. But still love the man for what he means to QPR.

Must stress i’m not old enough to remember him in the 80s.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2017 16:54]
Players everyone rates but you dont on 16:53 - Nov 9 with 5276 viewsMonahoop

John Barnes. Good at club level, but appalling for England. A lot of hope was heaped on him when he scored a great goal against Brazil in a friendly. From then on he was everyone's or at least in sports media circles, a hero. To me he was duff.

Chris Waddle. Couldn't work out at all why people heaped so much praise on him. Average at best with a diabolical hair style to match.

Terry Butcher. First class p%*ck.

John Terry. The ultimate version of Terry Butcher.

David Ginola. Pretty boy on a pitch. Pretty over rated too. French poodle.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Players everyone rates but you dont on 17:27 - Nov 9 with 5224 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Sergio Ramos. He can't defend. At all. As is 22 red cards would demonstrate.

Fortunate to have played practically all his career behind great midfielders for Real and Spain. Otherwise it would be 122 red cards.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Players everyone rates but you dont on 17:31 - Nov 9 with 5216 viewsloftboy

Players everyone rates but you dont on 16:52 - Nov 9 by BazzaInTheLoft

QPR wise, Alan McDonald. But still love the man for what he means to QPR.

Must stress i’m not old enough to remember him in the 80s.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2017 16:54]

You are joking, he was immense, had some epic tussles with big centre forwards like Mark Hughes and Mick Harford

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Players everyone rates but you dont on 17:34 - Nov 9 with 5204 viewsShotKneesHoop

Players everyone rates but you dont on 17:31 - Nov 9 by loftboy

You are joking, he was immense, had some epic tussles with big centre forwards like Mark Hughes and Mick Harford

Your second sentence is where it's at.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Players everyone rates but you dont on 17:39 - Nov 9 with 5196 viewsderbyhoop

David Beckham.

No left foot, couldn't tackle, couldn't head a ball, But a pretty boy, who took great set pieces.

Wayne Rooney - leading England goalscorer but never produced anything when it mattered.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Players everyone rates but you dont on 17:53 - Nov 9 with 5168 viewsTGRRRSSS

Excellent thread, but i feel that the slight problem is the interpretation of things here in terms of tournaments, internationals, Cups, Leagues etc.

IN terms of England on the surface Rooney is vastly overrated due to his poor tournaments every time other than Euro 2004, which in hindsight was a warning of what was to come (went off injured)

I broadly agree his stats mask a lot of things but don't always take in some of the average players around him, and some poor selections down the years and some bad or average coaching.

IN terms of England Rooney was up to a point overrated but I'd put in the caveat that without him it would have been much worse, nevertheless his own lack of professionalism at times in terms of his fitness, and looking after himself coupled with a short fuse means he is deserving in terms of England of broadly speaking failing and having on the surface brilliant stats that in 20 years time might look far better than the reality was, but like i say he sneaked a few 1-0 wins in tricky qualifiers that England were lucky to grab those all important points in qualifiers a few times.
Players everyone rates but you dont on 17:54 - Nov 9 with 5165 viewsPinnerPaul

Andy Carroll - Sunday league style with a terrible fitness record

Tammy Abrahams - Very good, probably too good Championship player, but not tearing up any trees at Swansea and now he's in England squad? Nah, not for me.
Players everyone rates but you dont on 17:56 - Nov 9 with 5158 viewsElHoop

David Seaman - always came across as a sort of rich man's Rob Green to me.

Yeah Beckham - what was all that about? A decent enough player to be fair and he worked very hard, but world class my arse.

Cesc Fabregas - never understood what all the fuss was about here either - half decent player again but relies on others around him being great if he's to win anything.
Players everyone rates but you dont on 18:07 - Nov 9 with 5134 viewsBasingstokeR

Stevie G - all day long.

Completely ready to be proved wrong but so far Harry Winks.
Players everyone rates but you dont on 18:13 - Nov 9 with 5117 viewsTGRRRSSS

Players everyone rates but you dont on 17:54 - Nov 9 by PinnerPaul

Andy Carroll - Sunday league style with a terrible fitness record

Tammy Abrahams - Very good, probably too good Championship player, but not tearing up any trees at Swansea and now he's in England squad? Nah, not for me.

Scoring a few goals in a bang average side managed by someone who increasingly seems a number 2 not a number 1.

Give Abraham a couple of seasons before writing him off surely?
Players everyone rates but you dont on 18:15 - Nov 9 with 5112 viewsStanisgod

Ned.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Players everyone rates but you dont on 18:17 - Nov 9 with 5105 viewsTGRRRSSS

Zelic.... not sure anyone rated him... Wilkins aside...
Players everyone rates but you dont on 18:20 - Nov 9 with 5102 viewsHayesender

If Beckham had looked like this, he would have been lucky to get 20 caps and would never have played for Real Madrid.

It was all about the marketing

Poll: Shamima Beghum

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024