Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Study of psychological support for players with long-term injuries in football 00:19 - Nov 13 with 1771 viewsTacticalR

'Dr Misia Gervis is a leading sports psychologist who spent six years with England’s women’s team and works with Ramsey at QPR’s academy. As a senior lecturer in the field at Brunel University she recently led a study into the use — or lack — of psychological support for players with long-term injuries in football. With the help of the Professional Footballers’ Association, they gathered opinions at 75 professional clubs, and from around 50 players who had experienced long-term injury.'

Denial and depression: recovering from long-term injury isn’t just about the body
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jun/18/qprs-chris-ramsey-reflects-ment

Air hostess clique

Study of psychological support for players with long-term injuries in football on 00:26 - Nov 13 with 1764 viewsBrightonhoop

Amazing it's taken so long given what happened to Dave Clement.
Good mental and physical health are two strings of the same bow and always will be.
Study of psychological support for players with long-term injuries in football on 07:35 - Nov 13 with 1720 viewsWatford_Ranger

Totally get this. I tore my ACL a few years ago and with hindsight the mental effect of not being able to do things I previously took for granted, loss of fitness etc. well outlasted my physical recovery which was quite quick. Must be really tough for some of these guys who often aren’t terribly bright and only know sport.
Study of psychological support for players with long-term injuries in football on 11:54 - Nov 13 with 1654 viewsToast_R

I'm sorry but I find it difficult to have that much sympathy when you consider the circumstances. Yes it must suck to be out the game for a prolonged period but come on, they get the best rehab advice and provision out there.

Try being a manual worker for a living and having a serious injury. Then you really are fooked.
Study of psychological support for players with long-term injuries in football on 01:24 - Nov 14 with 1564 viewstimcocking

What about normal people with injuries?

I never understand why if a wealthy sportsperson has a problem it's so much more important than somebody with no way of getting any help. People dying all around the world because the drug companies charge 20 dollars for a pill, nobody gives a fcuk.

The world should learn to get their fcuking priorities right. Fat chance of that.
[Post edited 14 Nov 2017 1:24]
Study of psychological support for players with long-term injuries in football on 07:50 - May 26 with 702 viewsKellyasey

The seduction of the multiverse, A brief study about this whole is what we are providing you. This is just not only to share it with you because we are going to invite you to come and read our research because with complete https://www.dissertation-service.org/nursing-dissertation/ and now we want you to come and start reading and after finding any mistake aware us from this situation.
Study of psychological support for players with long-term injuries in football on 08:32 - May 26 with 644 viewsfrancisbowles

Study of psychological support for players with long-term injuries in football on 01:24 - Nov 14 by timcocking

What about normal people with injuries?

I never understand why if a wealthy sportsperson has a problem it's so much more important than somebody with no way of getting any help. People dying all around the world because the drug companies charge 20 dollars for a pill, nobody gives a fcuk.

The world should learn to get their fcuking priorities right. Fat chance of that.
[Post edited 14 Nov 2017 1:24]

Chris Ramsey may be good but he can't sort out the World's problems!
Study of psychological support for players with long-term injuries in football on 08:40 - May 26 with 636 viewsnix

Study of psychological support for players with long-term injuries in football on 08:32 - May 26 by francisbowles

Chris Ramsey may be good but he can't sort out the World's problems!

Exactly. Why does it have to be all or nothing? Just because not everyone in the world can possibly get psychological support is not an argument against some people getting it.

It's astonishing to me that they don't provide it as clubs have already made a massive investment in players, so even from a business perspective, let alone a humane one, it makes sense to do all you can to support players. A therapist once a week is much cheaper than daily rehab, private surgeons etc. If nothing else it would motivate players to embrace the rehab and get back to full mental and physical health quicker.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024