Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Italy 12:07 - Nov 13 with 6239 viewsted_hendrix

Huge game for them tonight, almost unthinkable that they could possibly not make it to next years WC.
Reading some news that the whole of Italy is today gripped in a state of tension, iv'e got a soft spot for Italy, they haven't missed out on qualifying for the WC for something like 50 odd years.
"Vieni in Italia a farlo voi bastardi"

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Italy on 23:22 - Nov 13 with 2149 viewsBoston

Italy on 23:17 - Nov 13 by BazzaInTheLoft

Great.

That lessens our chance of being knocked out in the QF by someone with some pedigree.
[Post edited 13 Nov 2017 23:18]

...now look here chum.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Italy on 01:04 - Nov 14 with 2071 viewstimcocking

Although the mean part of me is laughing my ass off, it's a shame, and it's not right.

Obviously i understand the need to have nations from all around the world, but it's so hard to qualify if you are in Europe, it can't be right. Being Cardiff born, we've never made it, never will. I'm forced to cheer on England and their poor taste kits. To see Caribbean islands allowed in but not teams like Wales (ahem) or Italy is bollox.

I'd prefer the top...whatever, 8 or 16, to be seeded.
Italy on 03:35 - Nov 14 with 2041 viewsFredManRave

Italy on 23:22 - Nov 13 by Boston

...now look here chum.

You won't winalot with jokes like that.
[Post edited 14 Nov 2017 3:39]

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Italy on 05:04 - Nov 14 with 2012 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Italy on 03:35 - Nov 14 by FredManRave

You won't winalot with jokes like that.
[Post edited 14 Nov 2017 3:39]

You always Cesar chance to make a pun.
[Post edited 14 Nov 2017 5:06]
Italy on 07:01 - Nov 14 with 1945 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I always loved looking out for Italian Totti at the World Cup.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Italy on 07:10 - Nov 14 with 1937 viewsCamberleyR

Italy on 01:04 - Nov 14 by timcocking

Although the mean part of me is laughing my ass off, it's a shame, and it's not right.

Obviously i understand the need to have nations from all around the world, but it's so hard to qualify if you are in Europe, it can't be right. Being Cardiff born, we've never made it, never will. I'm forced to cheer on England and their poor taste kits. To see Caribbean islands allowed in but not teams like Wales (ahem) or Italy is bollox.

Although probably not in your lifetime, 1958? Wales actually got further than England that year who didn't get out of the group.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Italy on 08:41 - Nov 14 with 1854 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I've always loved having teams from all over the World in the finals, it's what makes it. I also think it's easy for European teams to qualify for World Cups now that there's 128 teams or whatever, certainly easier than it used to be. And with most players hardly trying a leg in case they get injured for their precious clubs, it's all-round easier to qualify if a team really goes for it. From Ireland's point of view, when we haven't qualified we really, genuinely haven't deserved to.
[Post edited 14 Nov 2017 9:43]

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Italy on 10:14 - Nov 14 with 1768 viewsterryb

As has already been pointed out, Wales reached the last sixteen in 1958, losing 1-0 to Brazil. All four of the home countries reaced the finals that year.

As to the top countries being seeded. They are. The same applies to all areas apart from South America where all countries are in the one group with 4/5 qualifying. Even the play offs are seeeded.

The top nine European countries were kept apart in the draw for the groups & Italy were not one of them. Last night I thought they looked even worse than England on a bad day.

Europe have 14 of the 32 places in the finals & Italy were not good enough to be one of those!
Login to get fewer ads

Italy on 10:17 - Nov 14 with 1757 viewsMrSheen

Good to see the Italian press taking it in their stride. Everything's going to be Fine, apparently.

http://images.gazzettaobjects.it/primapagina/storico/2017_11_14/images/prima_pag
Italy on 10:40 - Nov 14 with 1723 viewsTheChef

As predicted Italy struggled to score even one goal.

Saved themselves the embarrassment of going into a major tournament with the useless Ventura as coach.

Rip it up and start again.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Italy on 10:44 - Nov 14 with 1716 viewsSnipper

Italy on 10:40 - Nov 14 by TheChef

Saved themselves the embarrassment of going into a major tournament with the useless Ventura as coach.

I thought it was an Ace move when they appointed Ventura.
Italy on 11:35 - Nov 14 with 1672 viewssmegma

Italy on 10:40 - Nov 14 by TheChef

They're coming to Wembley on 27th March 2018 and will probably give us a lesson.
Italy on 13:01 - Nov 14 with 1578 viewsBrightonhoop

Italy on 10:44 - Nov 14 by Snipper

I thought it was an Ace move when they appointed Ventura.

They'd have qualified with Jim Carey on the bench.
Italy on 14:07 - Nov 14 with 1523 viewstimcocking

meant in my lifetime
Italy on 17:10 - Nov 14 with 1447 viewsTGRRRSSS

Italy have for many years been the kind of side to nick a goal and (excellently but tediously) game manage, it's worked very well in tournaments down the years, they even bored their way to a World Cup win in 2006.
Now results is everything (hence why they failed last night)

IN many ways they are a glamorous sounding Sweden, even in the days of some exciting star names, it was often something of a myth and certainly in the past 20 years.
Italy on 18:44 - Nov 14 with 1389 viewsVancouverHoop

I won't especially miss Italy but I'll miss Gigi Buffon.

He's likely the last of his kind, the goalkeeper whose name, without looking, you knew was going to be on the team-sheet. Never lost form, never injured. Impregnable and perennial. Banks, Yashin, Shilton, a handful of others and Buffon.
Italy on 13:29 - Nov 17 with 1225 viewsBrightonhoop

Ace, not surprisingly, sacked.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024