Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Players You Have Forgotten 02:11 - Nov 14 with 21702 viewsBoston

....ever played for QPR. I'm afraid to admit this has happened to me on a number of occasions, thought it might be senile dementia, but it's nothing more than sitting at the back of the class and falling asleep.
[Post edited 14 Nov 2017 14:28]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Players You Have Forgotten on 13:03 - Nov 15 with 1842 viewsaston_hoop

Hamid Barr. If anyone here actually saw him play then well done

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Players You Have Forgotten on 14:10 - Nov 15 with 1790 viewsEsox_Lucius

Andy Tillson, played 29 matches, scored two goals but was dropped as soon as Macca, Peacock & Paul Parker were fit again. I liked him but he wasn't good enough at the time to dislodge those three.

The grass is always greener.

Players You Have Forgotten on 14:11 - Nov 15 with 1787 viewsEsox_Lucius

Paul Wright, 5 goals in 15 games for us. Oh to have someone like that now.

Players You Have Forgotten on 14:24 - Nov 15 with 1765 viewsMrSheen

Players You Have Forgotten on 12:54 - Nov 15 by BrianMcCarthy

Superb thread. Howling with laughter as I remember some of these incompetents.

One I remembered this morning was Robbie "Mullet" Herrera.

Was with us five years (88-93), played six times and I can't find a photo of him in our kit.
[Post edited 15 Nov 2017 12:59]

I believe I saw him play in a 3-0 pasting at Plough Lane. Always a pleasure. Went on to be quite popular at Fulham, I think.

Paul Wright was the first Scot to play for us in ages. Two goals against Liverpool IIRC.
[Post edited 15 Nov 2017 14:24]
Players You Have Forgotten on 14:30 - Nov 15 with 1760 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Players You Have Forgotten on 14:24 - Nov 15 by MrSheen

I believe I saw him play in a 3-0 pasting at Plough Lane. Always a pleasure. Went on to be quite popular at Fulham, I think.

Paul Wright was the first Scot to play for us in ages. Two goals against Liverpool IIRC.

Yes, remember that game well. That was the Gus Ceasar game?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Players You Have Forgotten on 14:38 - Nov 15 with 1748 viewsBoston

Honest to god, there have been a couple of names mentioned that I never heard of, let alone forgot.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Players You Have Forgotten on 14:38 - Nov 15 with 1748 viewsloftboy

Another one from that game was Brian Laws, had the makings of a great centre back until a toe injury finished his career

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Players You Have Forgotten on 14:52 - Nov 15 with 1736 viewsPBLOCK

A couple not to be mentioned yet

Mark Graham -Youth team grad.played a fair bit at Right Back under Houston 96/7 was pretty awful

Richard Graham - Brother of the above remember him playing away at Wolves I think she Dowie was.in Caretaker role after Harford perhaps. Didnt play much after that if at all

Matt Brazier. Less said the better I thought he was proper garbage

Matt Hislop Signed from Arsenal played a couple of games looked decent got injured never saw him again

Ollie Burgess Midfielder broke into the team under Holloway first season back in League 1. Looked quite promising got a bad injury never the same and was released

Dominic Foley. Loaned on from Watford back end of the first season back in league one scored a couple of goals and appeared not bad. Didnt sign and went back to Watford
Login to get fewer ads

Players You Have Forgotten on 14:55 - Nov 15 with 1731 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I'm going to suggest Wright scored those goals against Palace.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Players You Have Forgotten on 14:57 - Nov 15 with 1725 viewsEsox_Lucius

Players You Have Forgotten on 14:38 - Nov 15 by loftboy

Another one from that game was Brian Laws, had the makings of a great centre back until a toe injury finished his career

I don't think he ever recovered from the roasting he got from Franz Carr at the City Ground one evening when he played at right back rather than centreback. Carr had him on toast that night, it may even have been the game where Cloughie hit one of his own fans for running on the pitch; the inspiration for a AKTURS cover picture of the incident with the title "A case of a fan hitting the shit"

Players You Have Forgotten on 15:03 - Nov 15 with 1719 viewsRs_Holy

its getting to the point were there are so many additions to this thread that all of these have probably been mentioned but for sheer crapness ... Christer Warren, Sammy Koejoe, John Curtis, Simon Osborn.
All crap, all for different reasons.
Players You Have Forgotten on 15:10 - Nov 15 with 1715 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Andrew McDermott - Aussie FB, scored a belter, never saw him after that.

Dave McEwan - Got him off Spurs when we were relegated to the third tier and desperate to make up a squad. He was so utterly useless, we binned him!

Sammy Koejoe - Had the biggest arse ever squeezed into a pair of Rangers shorts. He defied physics logic in that his legs went faster than pistons on Stephenson's Rocket and yet most players could walk faster then him when he was at full steam.

Dominic Iorfa - I once met a Nigerian in a bar in Japan who nearly followed through when I mentioned I was Rfosi. Seemingly, Iorfa came from the same village as he, and was generally seen as shite from aged 6.

Steve Slade - Made Bambi look like Rambo!

Tony Scully - An old sadly departed Rangers mate of mine met him at a bash and said that he thought he had it in him to be a good player and wondered why he hadn't progressed. 'I'm getting paid, what do I care?' was the response!

Jimmy Carter - A mate of mine demanded I scratch Uni to come watch this bloke! He was absolutely mustard. The old geezers who went to the reserves were always going on about him. He even ended up at the Arsenal and then Liverpool after tearing the latter a second a-hole in a league cup game while playing for Millwall.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Players You Have Forgotten on 15:47 - Nov 15 with 1689 viewskensalriser

This thread should be pinned for reference every time sometime declares 'this is the worst QPR performance/team I've ever seen'.
[Post edited 15 Nov 2017 21:01]

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Players You Have Forgotten on 15:50 - Nov 15 with 1685 viewsterryb

"Apparently Richard Paquette has just joined Thamesmead - his 37th club..."

I've just read this on a non-league site.

Not that we can forget a player who played for us in a play off final, but I bet supporters of nearly all of his other 36 clubs would file him under this title!
Players You Have Forgotten on 16:02 - Nov 15 with 1671 viewsMrSheen

Karl Connolly wore the Number 10 one season.
Players You Have Forgotten on 16:03 - Nov 15 with 1668 viewswittle

Dennis oli , mark Rutherford , Robert Taylor .
Players You Have Forgotten on 16:13 - Nov 15 with 1663 viewsted_hendrix

Players You Have Forgotten on 15:03 - Nov 15 by Rs_Holy

its getting to the point were there are so many additions to this thread that all of these have probably been mentioned but for sheer crapness ... Christer Warren, Sammy Koejoe, John Curtis, Simon Osborn.
All crap, all for different reasons.

Have to disagree about Simon Osborn, I thought he was a good player who was under used and under rated, of course its all about opinions and how supporters see the game.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Players You Have Forgotten on 16:45 - Nov 15 with 1642 viewsenfieldargh

Phil Nutt

1 game 1 goal

Tony Tagg

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Players You Have Forgotten on 16:47 - Nov 15 with 1639 viewsenfieldargh

I also forgot Richard Teale

Paul McGee the great Irish Hope or was it no hope

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Players You Have Forgotten (n/t) on 16:49 - Nov 15 with 1635 viewsoldmisery

Players You Have Forgotten (n/t) on 12:27 - Nov 15 by isawqpratwcity

Absolutely no-one has forgotten Ned Zelic. Here's a picture of him playing for us, it's almost as rare as a picture of Kieron Dyer in hoops.

[Post edited 15 Nov 2017 12:37]

Ah yes, Keiron Dyer. The only professional footballer to be stretchered ON to the pitch!
Players You Have Forgotten on 17:12 - Nov 15 with 1620 viewsHantsR

Stephen Kelly was on loan to us and played in the Cardiff play-off in 2003. Only a few appearances and pity we couldn't hang on to him. A good player, but possibly 'forgotten' as OP heading.
Players You Have Forgotten on 17:17 - Nov 15 with 1617 viewsHantsR

Players You Have Forgotten on 21:03 - Nov 14 by CiderwithRsie

Now I think about it, there was bloke in the 80s.Always in the squad, sometimes a sub, hardly ever played. Burke?

I remember him mainly for heading the pass from which Tommy Langley scored within 7 seconds of the game starting.
Players You Have Forgotten on 17:19 - Nov 15 with 1613 viewsHantsR

Players You Have Forgotten on 16:45 - Nov 15 by enfieldargh

Phil Nutt

1 game 1 goal

Tony Tagg

Tony Tagg only memorable for me as he played in that amazing 5-1 win at Derby 1975.
Players You Have Forgotten on 17:29 - Nov 15 with 1601 viewsCiderwithRsie

Players You Have Forgotten on 16:13 - Nov 15 by ted_hendrix

Have to disagree about Simon Osborn, I thought he was a good player who was under used and under rated, of course its all about opinions and how supporters see the game.

Yeah, that was my reaction, too. Didn't really see enough of him to be sure, and that was half the problem IMO, with Wilkins getting too old but not willing to relinquish the role to Osborn, even though we'd spent some of the Les money on him.
Players You Have Forgotten on 18:08 - Nov 15 with 1564 viewsFredManRave

This would appear to be turning into a "shít explayers" thread (hence the 6 pages) but going back to the idea of players that when you hear mentioned you don't associate with us or had forgotten they ever graced us with their presence I give you two (I think new) more;

Carl Leaburn and Pascual Chimbonda.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024