Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Players You Have Forgotten 02:11 - Nov 14 with 21710 viewsBoston

....ever played for QPR. I'm afraid to admit this has happened to me on a number of occasions, thought it might be senile dementia, but it's nothing more than sitting at the back of the class and falling asleep.
[Post edited 14 Nov 2017 14:28]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Players You Have Forgotten on 09:22 - Nov 17 with 1904 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Players You Have Forgotten on 08:41 - Nov 17 by Superhoop83

Wasn't the Gus Caesar game the 3-2 home win vs Sunderland in a monsoon?

To this day I have not seen a more shambolic performance, which is really saying something after 27 more years of watching Rangers.

Still, he made the game a nail biting classic and we never looked back that season.

http://www.worldfootball.net/teams/queens-park-rangers/1991/3/

He played in both, it seems.

I think his legend has grown. He was shaky on his debut at Wimbledon but we had a good enough team then on a bad losing run and totally bereft of confidence. I don't remember thinking that he cost us the game.

Seems he played five games for us.

In my mind he will always be associated with this piece from 'Fever Pitch'. Hornby nails it, and the logic extends to all sportspeople, musicians, artists etc - they're not "crap", they're brilliant by our standards, just not at the level you want them to be.

Except for the lazy ones. They get no mercy.

"To get where he did, Gus Caesar clearly had more talent than nearly everyone of his generation... and it still wasn't quite enough. [...] Gus must have known he was good, just as any pop band who has ever played the Marquee know they are destined for Madison Square Garden and an NME front cover, and just as any writer who has sent off a completed manuscript to Faber and Faber knows that he is two years away from the Booker. You trust that feeling with your life, you feel the strength and determination it gives you coursing through your veins like heroin... and it doesn't mean anything at all."

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Players You Have Forgotten on 10:17 - Nov 17 with 1868 viewsMrSheen

Players You Have Forgotten on 09:22 - Nov 17 by BrianMcCarthy

http://www.worldfootball.net/teams/queens-park-rangers/1991/3/

He played in both, it seems.

I think his legend has grown. He was shaky on his debut at Wimbledon but we had a good enough team then on a bad losing run and totally bereft of confidence. I don't remember thinking that he cost us the game.

Seems he played five games for us.

In my mind he will always be associated with this piece from 'Fever Pitch'. Hornby nails it, and the logic extends to all sportspeople, musicians, artists etc - they're not "crap", they're brilliant by our standards, just not at the level you want them to be.

Except for the lazy ones. They get no mercy.

"To get where he did, Gus Caesar clearly had more talent than nearly everyone of his generation... and it still wasn't quite enough. [...] Gus must have known he was good, just as any pop band who has ever played the Marquee know they are destined for Madison Square Garden and an NME front cover, and just as any writer who has sent off a completed manuscript to Faber and Faber knows that he is two years away from the Booker. You trust that feeling with your life, you feel the strength and determination it gives you coursing through your veins like heroin... and it doesn't mean anything at all."

He played in a home massacre in the League Cup against Leeds too. We were a laughing stock.
Players You Have Forgotten on 12:01 - Nov 17 with 1830 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Danny Cipriani (he of the rugby and Kelly Brook fame)

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Players You Have Forgotten on 13:16 - Nov 17 with 1812 viewsR_from_afar

Four defenders for you, all from this century: Martin Cranie, Coll Donaldson, Aaron Hughes, and a mystery man, who actually played for his country (USA). Any ideas who he was?

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Players You Have Forgotten on 13:29 - Nov 17 with 1800 viewsMrSheen

Players You Have Forgotten on 13:16 - Nov 17 by R_from_afar

Four defenders for you, all from this century: Martin Cranie, Coll Donaldson, Aaron Hughes, and a mystery man, who actually played for his country (USA). Any ideas who he was?

RFA

Oguchi Onyewu. Came at the same time as Chevanton, who I would like to have seen more of.
Players You Have Forgotten on 13:36 - Nov 17 with 1798 viewsR_from_afar

Players You Have Forgotten on 13:29 - Nov 17 by MrSheen

Oguchi Onyewu. Came at the same time as Chevanton, who I would like to have seen more of.

Ah nice one, I had forgotten him, but there is another person who fits that description. We had him on loan....

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Players You Have Forgotten on 15:39 - Nov 17 with 1779 viewsMrSheen

Players You Have Forgotten on 13:36 - Nov 17 by R_from_afar

Ah nice one, I had forgotten him, but there is another person who fits that description. We had him on loan....

RFA

Frankie Simek?
Players You Have Forgotten on 16:01 - Nov 17 with 1764 viewsTripleR

Steve Morrow - A most forgettable player!
Login to get fewer ads

Players You Have Forgotten on 17:05 - Nov 17 with 1731 viewsenfieldargh

Ive remembered his name but cant remember how to spell it

Paul Peskiwotsitiolo

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Players You Have Forgotten on 17:40 - Nov 17 with 1723 viewsBoston

Players You Have Forgotten on 17:05 - Nov 17 by enfieldargh

Ive remembered his name but cant remember how to spell it

Paul Peskiwotsitiolo

You'd be right if you weren't wrong. Paul P is Canadian.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Players You Have Forgotten on 17:46 - Nov 17 with 1714 viewsMrSheen

Players You Have Forgotten on 17:40 - Nov 17 by Boston

You'd be right if you weren't wrong. Paul P is Canadian.

Lord Brady to you peasants.
Players You Have Forgotten on 13:28 - Nov 20 with 1593 viewsR_from_afar

Some more which I don't think have come up yet (or have they?):
- Simon Barker
- Scott Donnelly
- Josh Parker
- Angelo Balanta
- Matt Hill
- Tommy Doherty - It nearly drove me mad trying to remember his name. I could recall how he played, where he played, when he played for us, and some anecdotes about him, but not his actual name. It took me hours to access the cobwebbed part of my brain in which his name was lurking.

RFA

Players You Have Forgotten on 14:12 - Nov 20 with 1559 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Players You Have Forgotten on 13:28 - Nov 20 by R_from_afar

Some more which I don't think have come up yet (or have they?):
- Simon Barker
- Scott Donnelly
- Josh Parker
- Angelo Balanta
- Matt Hill
- Tommy Doherty - It nearly drove me mad trying to remember his name. I could recall how he played, where he played, when he played for us, and some anecdotes about him, but not his actual name. It took me hours to access the cobwebbed part of my brain in which his name was lurking.

RFA

Simon Barker played for us 350 times over ten years. Only twelve players have played more games for us.

How did you forget him?

Players You Have Forgotten on 15:00 - Nov 20 with 1532 viewsqprxtc

Peter Davison (bought from and sold back to Berwick Rangers 1979)
Graham Benstead (Goalie. Here for years, one game away to West Brom FA Cup 1983)
Mark O’Connor (pRetty sure onlyed palyed twice. Both at home to Chelsea Boxing Day 81 and 82. Lost Both)
Andy Pape (Another keeper, played one game away to Charlton I think 1980. 2-2?)
Players You Have Forgotten on 15:11 - Nov 20 with 1518 viewspeejaybee

A bit late to the Fred but anyone remember Tesi Balogun,after leaving us ended up @ Holbeach United.

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

Players You Have Forgotten on 15:14 - Nov 20 with 1513 viewsqprxtc

Players You Have Forgotten on 12:33 - Nov 14 by ShotKneesHoop

Terry McQuade? Seth Vafiadis? Dick Whittaker? Malcolm Graham? Pat Brady? Ray Brady ?.....1962, 1963, 64. Truly shockingly awful players ........ but such a lot of fun to watch along with Brian Bedford scoring off every part of his body but his feet.

Beam me back to the three bob terracing please.

Seth Vafiadis ran a barbers, along with his brother, opposite the Adelaide for donkeys years. John Hair Fashions. Used to go there all the time. Quick and cheap and he's always p!ssed off with something.

Got charged with murder a couple of years ago after a road rage incident. He was acquitted.
Players You Have Forgotten on 15:15 - Nov 20 with 1510 viewskensalriser

Players You Have Forgotten on 13:55 - Nov 16 by headhoops

cracking up some of these names from the past - few more

Gregory goodridge - Tel Ben Haim - Marcus Bent - Alvin Bubb

and I present our 'Out of Africa' parakeets 11.

Ade Bankole
Junior Agogo
Benny As$hole-ekotto
Dave Agemayng
Serge Branco
Samba (either version)
Doudou
Gnohere
Iorfa offside
Pat Kanyuka
Freddie Tuta.

Agyemang's from Walthamstow isn't he?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Players You Have Forgotten on 09:07 - Nov 21 with 1412 viewsR_from_afar

Players You Have Forgotten on 14:12 - Nov 20 by BrianMcCarthy

Simon Barker played for us 350 times over ten years. Only twelve players have played more games for us.

How did you forget him?

Good point, apologies for the senior moment there.

I meant *Chris* Barker. He is definitely less memorable!

RFA

Players You Have Forgotten on 09:09 - Nov 21 with 1410 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Players You Have Forgotten on 09:07 - Nov 21 by R_from_afar

Good point, apologies for the senior moment there.

I meant *Chris* Barker. He is definitely less memorable!

RFA

Ha! That explains it.

Players You Have Forgotten on 09:45 - Nov 21 with 1396 viewsqueensparker

Steve Burke.

He always seemed to be number 12 when I first started going as a kid, but I have no memory at all of seeing him actually on the pitch.

Ian Muir was another "perma-sub" in those days as well. In those days subs only really came on if somebody got injured so you never saw them.
Players You Have Forgotten on 09:48 - Nov 21 with 1395 viewsqueensparker

Players You Have Forgotten on 14:38 - Nov 15 by loftboy

Another one from that game was Brian Laws, had the makings of a great centre back until a toe injury finished his career

I met Brian Laws in India in 1993 when we were both out there "finding ourselves" with the help of beads, sandals and copious amounts of hash. I think he'd had to retire due to injury.

He was a nice guy, always wondered what happened to him
Players You Have Forgotten on 10:16 - Nov 21 with 1388 viewssdm1508

Mark Kennedy? Think Irish Winger who played for Liverpool and Millwall. Didn't play many games for us but was quality...... I think
Players You Have Forgotten on 10:16 - Nov 21 with 1388 viewsterryb

Players You Have Forgotten on 09:45 - Nov 21 by queensparker

Steve Burke.

He always seemed to be number 12 when I first started going as a kid, but I have no memory at all of seeing him actually on the pitch.

Ian Muir was another "perma-sub" in those days as well. In those days subs only really came on if somebody got injured so you never saw them.

If you look back on this thread you will find that Steve Burke has already been mentioned.

You will also see that he came on as sub in the'82 final replay.
Players You Have Forgotten on 10:56 - Nov 21 with 1374 viewsjohncharles

Don’t know if he’s already been mentioned but David McCreery is often overlooked although he spent two seasons at Loftus Road. All action midfield tackler. A sort of Jack Russel terrier in blue and white hoops.

Strong and stable my arse.

Players You Have Forgotten on 13:00 - Nov 21 with 1352 viewsW7Ranger

Chris Plummer
Justin Cochraine
Trevor Challis
Mark Perry
Simon Royce
Stefan Moore
Danny Cullip
Danny Murphy
Ludo Miklosko
Nicky Johns