Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ireland Danmark match thread 11:37 - Nov 14 with 8341 viewsBlackCrowe

GÃ¥ Danskerne!

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Ireland Danmark match thread on 17:36 - Nov 14 with 1615 viewsbob566

Ireland Danmark match thread on 14:12 - Nov 14 by paulparker

With the squad Ireland have its a miracle they have got this far , if they try to play like man city they would be torn a new one
you play to your strengths ,

what PP is saying. Where Denmark have premiership, seria a, Spanish premier division players Irelands stand out trio are burnley players no offence to burnley. We've a ragtag unit of players a lot of them not even getting games for their clubs e.g. randolf, hoolihan, long, mclean, etc. It's nothing short of miraculous that they've pushed it to a playoff IMHO.

The only strength is our defensive cohesion. It's superb. I'd love more going forward too but we just don't have it.

People dig on O'Neil but if you want to really have a pop at somebody have a go at Jack Charlton. Jason McAteer was on off the ball last night saying that when he was at Liverpool you'd have Ronnie Moran drilling into you short pass, keep the ball but when he joined up with Ireland he was told by Charlton to hit it into empty channels and chase it up or you'll be dropped lad!

Charlton had an abundance of wealth at his disposal and he f**ed it up. If he'd just let the footballers play football we might have won something. Far fetching I know but we'll never have it again.
Ireland Danmark match thread on 17:40 - Nov 14 with 1612 viewsDannyPaddox

For the love of Don Givens' hair. Shane McGowan's teeth and Father Jack's eyes.

CMON 🇮🇪 IRELAND 🇮🇪
GWAN! GWAN! GWAN!
⚽️🍀⚽️🍀⚽️🍀⚽️

You can do this lads!
Ireland Danmark match thread on 17:47 - Nov 14 with 1606 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ireland Danmark match thread on 17:36 - Nov 14 by bob566

what PP is saying. Where Denmark have premiership, seria a, Spanish premier division players Irelands stand out trio are burnley players no offence to burnley. We've a ragtag unit of players a lot of them not even getting games for their clubs e.g. randolf, hoolihan, long, mclean, etc. It's nothing short of miraculous that they've pushed it to a playoff IMHO.

The only strength is our defensive cohesion. It's superb. I'd love more going forward too but we just don't have it.

People dig on O'Neil but if you want to really have a pop at somebody have a go at Jack Charlton. Jason McAteer was on off the ball last night saying that when he was at Liverpool you'd have Ronnie Moran drilling into you short pass, keep the ball but when he joined up with Ireland he was told by Charlton to hit it into empty channels and chase it up or you'll be dropped lad!

Charlton had an abundance of wealth at his disposal and he f**ed it up. If he'd just let the footballers play football we might have won something. Far fetching I know but we'll never have it again.

I agree with you about Charlton, too. The football was septic then as well. Plus he picked a load of players to whom Ireland represented their second choice, which is unforgivable in my book.

Look, I get the opposite point to mine and I don't want to go on too much as tonight's a big night and I'm looking forward to it. But my only point is that we have occasionally played good football with this squad and to great effect when we have tried to do do. We should do it more.

Anyway, Éireann Abú!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Ireland Danmark match thread on 18:11 - Nov 14 with 1590 viewsjohncharles

Vive la Republic !

Strong and stable my arse.

Ireland Danmark match thread on 18:18 - Nov 14 with 1587 viewsted_hendrix

Hopefully by 9.50pm tonight they'll be singing and having the craic in Rouse's Pub, Ballina, County Mayo.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Ireland Danmark match thread on 20:00 - Nov 14 with 1520 viewskarl

Anyone got a stream for this ?
Been using cricfree recently but the antivirus stuff is blocking and warning of phishing tonight
Ireland Danmark match thread on 20:06 - Nov 14 with 1508 viewsBklynRanger

Sorry Karl, I couldn't even get the advert to close on cricfree at the weekend. Ended up doing a £20 trial month of Sky Sports on NOW TV if that's an option. Works fine as long as I remember to cancel the bastard.

Couple of good saves from the Irish keeper just now.
Ireland Danmark match thread on 20:07 - Nov 14 with 1502 viewsjohncharles

Randolph having a good game.
Every time I hear Brady I think Liam.

Login to get fewer ads

Ireland Danmark match thread on 20:10 - Nov 14 with 1496 viewsrobith

Ireland Danmark match thread on 14:44 - Nov 14 by robith

1-0 Ireland. Deflection off Shane Duffy's upper thigh. 86 minutes of defensive sh!thousery

Lads
Ireland Danmark match thread on 20:15 - Nov 14 with 1481 viewsMonahoop

Much better this time. That early goal has helped to open things up and make for a better spectacle. A second goal from Ireland might well kill Denmark's resolve. Oh bugger! They've gone and bloody equalised. What a terrible goal to concede.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Ireland Danmark match thread on 20:15 - Nov 14 with 1476 viewskarl

Ireland Danmark match thread on 20:06 - Nov 14 by BklynRanger

Sorry Karl, I couldn't even get the advert to close on cricfree at the weekend. Ended up doing a £20 trial month of Sky Sports on NOW TV if that's an option. Works fine as long as I remember to cancel the bastard.

Couple of good saves from the Irish keeper just now.

Cheers BR
I have used Now TV for couple of Scotland games but i'm such a tightwad for paying for anything other than going to a game.
Radio is fine for games i have no emotional attachment to!
Ireland Danmark match thread on 20:17 - Nov 14 with 1472 viewsMonahoop

Oh surely Ireland aren't going too implode now. Where was the defence??

Ireland Danmark match thread on 20:19 - Nov 14 with 1457 viewsCamberleyR

That was too easy for Denmark. Quality finish by Eriksen though.
[Post edited 14 Nov 2017 20:20]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Ireland Danmark match thread on 20:20 - Nov 14 with 1454 viewsjohncharles

Ireland 1 - goalposts 2

Ireland Danmark match thread on 20:23 - Nov 14 with 1421 viewsthame_hoops

Get in! C’mon the Danes
Ireland Danmark match thread on 20:37 - Nov 14 with 1371 viewsMonahoop

That second Danish goal looks to have sapped the Irish. O 'Neill will really need to motivate his players for the second half as it is looking like it's all over for the men in green. Not all over yet though as they say.

Ireland Danmark match thread on 20:39 - Nov 14 with 1360 viewshubble

Ireland Danmark match thread on 20:00 - Nov 14 by karl

Anyone got a stream for this ?
Been using cricfree recently but the antivirus stuff is blocking and warning of phishing tonight

Here you go, best streams on the net on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/soccerstreams/comments/7cxiux/1945_gmt_ireland_republic
Ireland Danmark match thread on 20:43 - Nov 14 with 1340 viewsMrSheen

Look at the teams the last time Denmark beat Ireland. Some talent there.

https://www.11v11.com/matches/republic-of-ireland-v-denmark-13-november-1985-239

I would argue that this was a more talented group than Charlton had - including Brady, Lawrenson and Stapleton - and they never qualified for anything. Only 12,000 to see them.
[Post edited 14 Nov 2017 20:47]
Ireland Danmark match thread on 20:43 - Nov 14 with 1337 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Denmark much the better team. Ireland started as they finished the last game, hoofing the ball away aimlessly. Then the goal and a couple of lovely moves. That was our best mini-spell. The goals were soft, but Denmark look comfortable at the moment and a few Irish heads have dropped.

We'll need to be aggressive and confident now. If anyone doesn't fancy this half he can stay in the fuggin' dressing room.

Ireland Danmark match thread on 20:53 - Nov 14 with 1306 viewskarl

Ireland Danmark match thread on 20:39 - Nov 14 by hubble

Here you go, best streams on the net on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/soccerstreams/comments/7cxiux/1945_gmt_ireland_republic

Great stuff, thanks Hubble
Ireland Danmark match thread on 21:05 - Nov 14 with 1280 viewsMonahoop

It's all over now surely. Good goal though.

Ireland Danmark match thread on 21:06 - Nov 14 with 1275 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Good goal. We had to take our holding midfielders off and Eriksen prospered. Class player.

Ireland Danmark match thread on 21:12 - Nov 14 with 1245 viewsCiderwithRsie

Ireland Danmark match thread on 17:47 - Nov 14 by BrianMcCarthy

I agree with you about Charlton, too. The football was septic then as well. Plus he picked a load of players to whom Ireland represented their second choice, which is unforgivable in my book.

Look, I get the opposite point to mine and I don't want to go on too much as tonight's a big night and I'm looking forward to it. But my only point is that we have occasionally played good football with this squad and to great effect when we have tried to do do. We should do it more.

Anyway, Éireann Abú!

Yeah, it was s strange really, he brought the Republic unprecedented success playing, ahem, direct football, but at the time you had Liam Brady, Ray Houghton, Kevin Sheedy, Paul McGrath - some really skilful players

Anyway good luck to Ireland, nothing against the Danes but more of my friends are Irish.
Ireland Danmark match thread on 21:14 - Nov 14 with 1237 viewsactonman

Sh!tsticks !! Not equipped to go toe to toe with sides like this, uncharacteristic poor defending and set up tonight
Ireland Danmark match thread on 21:16 - Nov 14 with 1233 viewsMonahoop

Ward is having a nightmare game. All so easy now for the Danes. It could get worse.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024