Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
this (last) week's podcast 17:14 - Nov 14 with 1949 viewsNorthernr

Sorry, been away, catching up - here's the Podcast post Forest

We’d rather be playing eSports — Podcast 14th Nov 2017 17:12
The international break Open All R’s Podcast features chat on the win against Sheffield United, the heavy defeat at Nottingham Forest and the performance of manager Ian Holloway. 0

this (last) week's podcast on 19:10 - Nov 14 with 1895 viewsBklynRanger

The way they started off - lauding Karl Henry, discounting Furlong, ignoring Scowen during a discussion about midfield steel - I thought somebody had sponsored the acid instead of the beer, but things seemed to calm down a bit after that.

Have to agree about Polter - I like Matt Smith more than they do, but Polter is a better and more exciting player imo - if he'd wanted to stay.
this (last) week's podcast on 23:27 - Nov 15 with 1764 viewsdaveB

I thought it was one of the weirdest podcasts they've done, was as if they hadn't seen the team all season, some of the criticisms and longing for Polter to come back was plain odd.
this (last) week's podcast on 09:38 - Nov 16 with 1704 viewsdavman

this (last) week's podcast on 23:27 - Nov 15 by daveB

I thought it was one of the weirdest podcasts they've done, was as if they hadn't seen the team all season, some of the criticisms and longing for Polter to come back was plain odd.

Agree that some of the views were different from mine, but the Polter one was fair comment. He is not the same type of player as Smith, but is certainly more mobile, is younger (I think) and was still improving when he left us.

However, we sold him for more than we bought Smith for, Polter wanted to leave and Smith is perfectly adequate, so if they are on equivalent wages it was the right thing to do.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

this (last) week's podcast on 09:44 - Nov 16 with 1701 viewsdaveB

this (last) week's podcast on 09:38 - Nov 16 by davman

Agree that some of the views were different from mine, but the Polter one was fair comment. He is not the same type of player as Smith, but is certainly more mobile, is younger (I think) and was still improving when he left us.

However, we sold him for more than we bought Smith for, Polter wanted to leave and Smith is perfectly adequate, so if they are on equivalent wages it was the right thing to do.

Polter had his moments but overall wasn't very good. He started last season well but quickly struggled. Smith scored the same number of goals as his last season and was a lot more effective. Polter was quicker but not sure he ever really used that pace very well
this (last) week's podcast on 10:18 - Nov 16 with 1673 viewsthame_hoops

Either this or the one before, what did anyone think about the suggestion Barton had money on himself to be sent off in that Man City game?! Finney and the woman were adamant he had?! I thought that was absurd
this (last) week's podcast on 10:43 - Nov 16 with 1656 viewsRs_Holy

I disagreed with just about everything although I totally accept its about opinions. It would be a very boring world if everyone agreed all the time.
this (last) week's podcast on 11:02 - Nov 16 with 1642 viewsWestbourneR

Polter was all graft, decent finisher. He's wasn't a good footballer and prone to moments of extreme mal-coordination that you should never see at Champ level. Tripping over your own feet isn't really acceptable. Smith is better, just as slow as a bus.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

this (last) week's podcast on 13:05 - Nov 16 with 1581 viewsBklynRanger

Polter does have a good strike rate at Mel Norfolt's beloved Union Berlin though - before and after his time with us. But I do think to call Matt Smith mediocre wasn't fair - solid player who puts in a shift and - if he had the mobility of a hummingbird he wouldn't be here.
Login to get fewer ads

this (last) week's podcast on 13:08 - Nov 16 with 1579 viewsdaveB

this (last) week's podcast on 10:18 - Nov 16 by thame_hoops

Either this or the one before, what did anyone think about the suggestion Barton had money on himself to be sent off in that Man City game?! Finney and the woman were adamant he had?! I thought that was absurd

yeah that was ridiculous, lucky he didn't try and sue them for that
this (last) week's podcast on 13:18 - Nov 16 with 1568 viewsNorthernr

Polter's a better player than Smith for me but him staying was never an option.

I also don't understand how you can pine for Karl Henry, currently bottom of the league with Bolton, when we've got Scowen playing as well as he is in that position.
this (last) week's podcast on 23:01 - Nov 16 with 1467 viewsdaveB

this (last) week's podcast on 13:18 - Nov 16 by Northernr

Polter's a better player than Smith for me but him staying was never an option.

I also don't understand how you can pine for Karl Henry, currently bottom of the league with Bolton, when we've got Scowen playing as well as he is in that position.

and also complain the midfield lacks bite when thats the one major thing we have now
this (last) week's podcast on 00:47 - Nov 17 with 1437 viewsPunteR

Polter was probably the most entertaining thing in the JFH era but for me Smith just edges it in terms of football ability..
Havnt listened to the podcast yet.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024