Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England v Brasil 21:41 - Nov 14 with 2597 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

First time I've seen England for a while due to work etc.

Looking organised. Pleasantly surprised with Liverpool's Gomez.

Zero attacking threat though, and Rashford isolated.
England v Brasil on 21:51 - Nov 14 with 2579 viewsDorse

And yet we still haven't found a way of isolating the England band.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

England v Brasil on 23:19 - Nov 14 with 2491 viewswombat

England v Brasil on 21:51 - Nov 14 by Dorse

And yet we still haven't found a way of isolating the England band.

God I miss the old Wembley, these days it’s the tourist F.C. of London ground , zero atmosphere and the high lights these days is who can fly the best paper plane . Just got home and prob60% have never seen a live game of football in there lives

Poll: which is your favouite foot

England v Brasil on 09:48 - Nov 15 with 2306 views1BobbyHazell

5 defenders, 3 centre backs and Dier with Livermore in the middle and Southgate is surprised we couldn't keep the ball. Jesus Christ!

In terms of progressive management he's making Hodgson look like Pochettino. It's good he's giving the youngsters a chance but tactically he's a long way off the pace.
England v Brasil on 10:48 - Nov 15 with 2235 viewsSharpy36

More than happy with the displays over the last two games especially as we have been playing park the bus teams during qualification.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

England v Brasil on 10:49 - Nov 15 with 2231 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I know my interest in international football is very low, but I had a look at England's line-up and frankly, there are several I wouldn't recognise in the street if I met them.

Solanke is one of them, I assume the pool of talent is such, any Englishman able to break in to a Premiership starting XI is as good as on Southgate's radar as a result? No idea who Messrs Gomez, Cook and Gunn are either, nor what their bona fides are. As for Abraham, Loftus-Cheekyboy, just a handful of games between them and in they go.

I guess giving yoot it's chance is not the worst thing in the world, especially as we often delayed bringing talent through for years. But it doesn't seem to take too much to be walking out at Wembley these days.

This being said, I bet we still kick off our campaign in Russia with Carrick, Milner, Rooney, Hart, Lampard, Gerrard, Beckham, Barry and Rio playing!!!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

England v Brasil on 10:55 - Nov 15 with 2224 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

England v Brasil on 10:48 - Nov 15 by Sharpy36

More than happy with the displays over the last two games especially as we have been playing park the bus teams during qualification.

This.

[Post edited 15 Nov 2017 10:55]
England v Brasil on 11:13 - Nov 15 with 2199 viewsSharpy36

England v Brasil on 10:49 - Nov 15 by PlanetHonneywood

I know my interest in international football is very low, but I had a look at England's line-up and frankly, there are several I wouldn't recognise in the street if I met them.

Solanke is one of them, I assume the pool of talent is such, any Englishman able to break in to a Premiership starting XI is as good as on Southgate's radar as a result? No idea who Messrs Gomez, Cook and Gunn are either, nor what their bona fides are. As for Abraham, Loftus-Cheekyboy, just a handful of games between them and in they go.

I guess giving yoot it's chance is not the worst thing in the world, especially as we often delayed bringing talent through for years. But it doesn't seem to take too much to be walking out at Wembley these days.

This being said, I bet we still kick off our campaign in Russia with Carrick, Milner, Rooney, Hart, Lampard, Gerrard, Beckham, Barry and Rio playing!!!

From that i would say "I know my interest in football is very low" would be more fitting.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

England v Brasil on 14:48 - Nov 15 with 2037 viewspaulparker

ive been a critic of Southgate the last year , but fair play to the fella , he had the balls to actually say "you know what , if you don't want to play, il get the young uns in "
finally we have someone who is going to do that , no one and I mean none of our previous managers bar Hoddle would have done it
hopefully this gives the likes of Sterling, Ox (who was more interested in p1ssing off abroad with his pop star missus) Henderson , Delph (who quite frankly should be ashamed , that's 2 squads he has pulled out of ) a major kick up the Rs (i don't blame Kane & Ali BTW , they have played non stop for 2 years )
Southgate stuck his neck on the line if we had got stuffed then the knives would have been out for him big time , but he stuck to his guns and now we have more options ,
its also hopefully spelling the end for underachievers like Sturridge, Wilshire & Walcott that their half arse displays are no longer tolerated , he has also retired Rooney who was slowing us down
if we can sort out our midfield out and get a winks or a ward -prowse in form then we don't have to fear no nation next year , I would also hope Foden and Sancho are not far behind either as they could be a surprise package
a bit like QPR this year its been a breath of fresh air to see some of our young talent come through , im mr pessimistic but Solanke, Abraham, loftus -cheek , Gomez, trippier , Maguire , have given me a renewed hope we may actually have people who give a t0ss and who may get me to think we may have half a chance next year

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Login to get fewer ads

England v Brasil on 15:22 - Nov 15 with 2011 viewsderbyhoop

Apart from giving debuts to Gomez and Solanki (Liverpool), Abraham and Loftus-Cheek (the rabble from SW6), which is an encouragement for other young players, he found a decent combination at CB. In both games Stones and Maguire were impressive and he doesn't have to rely on Jones, Smalling , Cahill and an out of position Dier.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

England v Brasil on 16:45 - Nov 15 with 1932 viewsWestbourneR

I think Southgate has been quietly impressive. The performance vs Spain a little while back was the best we've played against top oppo in a very long time. And in these two games, even when we haven't been great, we've been solid and ground out a result. Could be a handy knack come tournament football.

One thing I am confused about is this idea that England are always too slow to throw out the old guard and give youth a chance. I think it's quite the opposite - we rush young players through and have far too high a turn-over. People forget that Stones, Alli and Dier, Rashford are all novices really. Sterling too. They're entirely new generation. The idea that they're all tired has beens that need to be freshened up is crazy.

That said I do think we would do well to skip the mediocre crowd. Delph is high on that list.

My main observation re the new batch is that Harry Maguire looks extremely impressive alongside Stones. They'd be my two first choice centre backs.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

England v Brasil on 18:47 - Nov 15 with 1826 viewssmegma

It may be good to see kids getting a game but he still picks Hart. And I thought it was a master stroke to bring on Rose as left back for a midfielder on 87 minutes.
England v Brasil on 05:21 - Nov 16 with 1610 viewsPlanetHonneywood

England v Brasil on 11:13 - Nov 15 by Sharpy36

From that i would say "I know my interest in football is very low" would be more fitting.

Can’t think why?

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024