Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ashes Thread 19:48 - Nov 15 with 44795 viewsBlackCrowe

If we survive the 1st test, i think we might just sneak it. If we lose it, it'll probably be carnage.

Going to days 1-3 of Sydney. Anyone else there?

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Ashes Thread on 07:05 - Dec 27 with 2937 viewsBlackCrowe

Bravo cooky

Ashes Thread on 07:58 - Dec 27 with 2912 viewsElHoop

What a difference it makes when the senior players make their expected contributions. Where have most of the been up until now?
Ashes Thread on 11:05 - Dec 27 with 2857 viewsCiderwithRsie

Ashes Thread on 07:58 - Dec 27 by ElHoop

What a difference it makes when the senior players make their expected contributions. Where have most of the been up until now?

Exactly my thoughts. It is a real shame that we didn't get this sort of performance earlier in the series to keep it alive. Especially as a lot of it isn't about doing anything exceptional, just the old guys doing what they do best in the way they did it best.

Some of the timing is just luck of course - good now, bad before.
Ashes Thread on 14:12 - Dec 27 with 2789 viewsted_hendrix

Chuffed to bits for Alastair Cook albeit to late in the series, It's Joe Root I want to move on and get a real big score, I'd love him to get a big century plus score.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Ashes Thread on 17:05 - Dec 27 with 2736 viewsElHoop

Ashes Thread on 11:05 - Dec 27 by CiderwithRsie

Exactly my thoughts. It is a real shame that we didn't get this sort of performance earlier in the series to keep it alive. Especially as a lot of it isn't about doing anything exceptional, just the old guys doing what they do best in the way they did it best.

Some of the timing is just luck of course - good now, bad before.

Well the Aussies are a bowler short here, which they might have been earlier in the series or they might even have been more than one short had we been able to bat long enough to test them proeprly. The fragility of their quicks is something that we should have been probing and we just couldn't do it when it mattered. All that we can do now is to hope for some signs that our batting will stand up better to the New Zealand, Pakistan and India attacks which face us next year. All three look likely to give us problems .
Ashes Thread on 04:29 - Dec 28 with 2658 viewsstowmarketrange

I’d just like to see us win this now.A hundred lead would go a long way to achieving that.
Ashes Thread on 08:54 - Dec 28 with 2600 viewsBlackCrowe

Ashes Thread on 04:29 - Dec 28 by stowmarketrange

I’d just like to see us win this now.A hundred lead would go a long way to achieving that.

your wish may well come true. fantastic stuff

Ashes Thread on 10:34 - Dec 28 with 2552 viewskingsburyR

Senior players step up to the mark when the series is over..... BOTTLE JOBS

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Login to get fewer ads

Ashes Thread on 11:16 - Dec 28 with 2537 viewsBlackCrowe

Ashes Thread on 10:34 - Dec 28 by kingsburyR

Senior players step up to the mark when the series is over..... BOTTLE JOBS

Very harsh to call them bottle jobs. Yes they didn't get going this time which is horrendous but Anderson, Broad and Cook have won Ashes series down under before and against much better bowling attack. Would you prefer a whitewash or to take as much gloss off the Aussies gloating as possible?

Ashes Thread on 11:47 - Dec 28 with 2509 viewsstowmarketrange

Absolutely brilliant day.Top banter with Jackson bird too.Shame about the Broad catch(?) But I’d would’ve taken that lead before the start today.
Come on England.
Ashes Thread on 12:06 - Dec 28 with 2492 viewsBlackCrowe

Ashes Thread on 11:47 - Dec 28 by stowmarketrange

Absolutely brilliant day.Top banter with Jackson bird too.Shame about the Broad catch(?) But I’d would’ve taken that lead before the start today.
Come on England.

Lucky you. Keep them warmed up for the sydney test pls

Ashes Thread on 03:40 - Dec 29 with 2412 viewsjonno

Ashes Thread on 04:29 - Dec 28 by stowmarketrange

Problem we have is that we need to bowl them out again on a flat pitch.
Ashes Thread on 04:16 - Dec 29 with 2396 viewsstowmarketrange

Ashes Thread on 03:40 - Dec 29 by jonno

Problem we have is that we need to bowl them out again on a flat pitch.

Bloody rain.
Ashes Thread on 11:23 - Jan 4 with 2233 viewsted_hendrix

Same old shit.

Ashes Thread on 12:34 - Jan 4 with 2186 viewsstowmarketrange

What happened to the idea of a night watchman to see out the last 9 balls?
Ashes Thread on 16:09 - Jan 4 with 2110 viewsflynnbo

But it was nice to see a guy in an Air Asia QPR shirt amongst the fans celebrating Malan's 50. Anyone from this board?
Ashes Thread on 08:32 - Jan 5 with 2040 viewsstowmarketrange

Ashes Thread on 16:09 - Jan 4 by flynnbo

But it was nice to see a guy in an Air Asia QPR shirt amongst the fans celebrating Malan's 50. Anyone from this board?

I was there today in my smarkets shirt and met a couple of others R’s fans including Blackcrowe.
Even a guy walking away from the ground shook my hand and said he’d been a rangers fan all his life and he was a local.
We’re here,we’re there,we’re every fecking where.
Ashes Thread on 08:51 - Jan 5 with 2034 viewsozexile

Ashes Thread on 08:32 - Jan 5 by stowmarketrange

I was there today in my smarkets shirt and met a couple of others R’s fans including Blackcrowe.
Even a guy walking away from the ground shook my hand and said he’d been a rangers fan all his life and he was a local.
We’re here,we’re there,we’re every fecking where.

I'm going tomorrow. Gonna wear my red and white from the famous Man city game.
Ashes Thread on 09:47 - Jan 5 with 2016 viewsstowmarketrange

Ashes Thread on 08:51 - Jan 5 by ozexile

I'm going tomorrow. Gonna wear my red and white from the famous Man city game.

It’s pink day tomorrow so that’s why I wore the shirt today.We are in bay 9 row A,so I’ll happily buy you a beer if I see you.
Ashes Thread on 10:29 - Jan 5 with 2005 viewsBlackCrowe

Pleasure to meet you today Stowmarket. Overcooked it today... I'll have no problem being pink tomorrow.

Ashes Thread on 10:39 - Jan 5 with 1999 viewsozexile

Ashes Thread on 09:47 - Jan 5 by stowmarketrange

It’s pink day tomorrow so that’s why I wore the shirt today.We are in bay 9 row A,so I’ll happily buy you a beer if I see you.

You're on.
Ashes Thread on 10:41 - Jan 5 with 1995 viewsTheChef

Nice of the lower order to add some runs for a change.

Unfortunately our bowling attack is still totally toothless on their pitches, I'm expecting Australia to bat most of tomorrow barring a miracle.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Ashes Thread on 00:01 - Jan 6 with 1917 viewsflynnbo

Moeen Ali-what's the point? No threat as a bowler as he bowls too short and needs to be dropped. Bloody useless.
Ashes Thread on 00:29 - Jan 6 with 1906 viewsted_hendrix

Not watching it because I cant, tbh unless a wicket falls pronto we're gonna get a caning here.
Sincerely hope I'm wrong,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Ashes Thread on 13:20 - Jan 6 with 1816 viewsstowmarketrange

Ashes Thread on 00:29 - Jan 6 by ted_hendrix

Not watching it because I cant, tbh unless a wicket falls pronto we're gonna get a caning here.
Sincerely hope I'm wrong,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

It was the most depressing of the 13 days of test cricket I’ve watched since coming over here.Wickets that should’ve been given,not given .No balls that ought to have been seen allowed until reviewed by the 3rd umpire.Mason Crane with the yips and unable to bowl.But the worst for me is some of the dickhead Aussie fans.Give these muppets a small beer and the chip on their shoulders comes racing forward.Absolute bellends.
Please take me home on Tuesday.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024