Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ashes Thread 19:48 - Nov 15 with 44760 viewsBlackCrowe

If we survive the 1st test, i think we might just sneak it. If we lose it, it'll probably be carnage.

Going to days 1-3 of Sydney. Anyone else there?

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Ashes Thread on 09:31 - Dec 3 with 2375 viewsHooparoo

Is there anybody out there?

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Ashes Thread on 09:46 - Dec 3 with 2347 viewsdaveB

bloody dreadful, what sort of idiot wins the toss in Australia and bowls first
Ashes Thread on 10:05 - Dec 3 with 2324 viewsisawqpratwcity

I did enjoy those couple of LBW appeals.
[Post edited 3 Dec 2017 10:10]

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Ashes Thread on 10:13 - Dec 3 with 2315 viewsHooparoo

I honestly thought Root was joking when he decided to bowl. Don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone bowl first in Adelaide. Always the best batting pitch in Australia and has been fo decades.

That one decision has probably ruined what could have been a competitive series.
[Post edited 3 Dec 2017 10:16]

Ashes Thread on 13:07 - Dec 3 with 2253 viewsJamesB1979

Woakes looks like a county trundler who can bat a bit. Rely too much on Broad and Anderson
Ashes Thread on 13:51 - Dec 3 with 2225 viewsHunterhoop

Ashes Thread on 09:46 - Dec 3 by daveB

bloody dreadful, what sort of idiot wins the toss in Australia and bowls first

Utterly mystifying decision. There is a reason Root's nickname at Yorkshire is "Craptain".
Ashes Thread on 14:32 - Dec 3 with 2204 viewsElHoop

Oh well, it gives us a chance to knuckle down and grind out runs for a couple of days and hopefully wear out their bowlers. If we can't take that chance then it's over as a series. If Cook can bat through tomorrow then that will help a lot.
Ashes Thread on 14:56 - Dec 3 with 2194 viewsrbsranger

Rain was a very lucky break for us today. Batsmen need to get settled tomorrow in the good batting conditions before dark. But being realistic, this series has 5-0 written all over it. Whilst prevailing conditions in England allow for average medium pacers to look like world beaters in damp conditions in May and September and don't allow spinners to play any 4 day matches in dry conditions, it is not entirely surprising that we are being found out away from home.
Login to get fewer ads

Ashes Thread on 15:23 - Dec 3 with 2182 viewsJamesB1979

Pretty certain their batting line-up would struggle in our conditions. Not sure we’d win 5-0 though.
Ashes Thread on 16:07 - Dec 3 with 2165 viewsBlackCrowe

Ashes Thread on 15:23 - Dec 3 by JamesB1979

Pretty certain their batting line-up would struggle in our conditions. Not sure we’d win 5-0 though.

It's all too depressing. Captaincy looking a bit of a burden for Rooty at the moment.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Ashes Thread on 16:15 - Dec 3 with 2155 viewsJamesB1979

If batsmen get through Anderson and Broad, its much easier for them. Puts too much pressure on he main 2 and gives Root limited options. Ali does not look that threatening and also can leak runs. Woakes looks bang average in these conditions.....think he averages almost 70 with the ball outside of England. That leaves Ormond who is inexperienced but I think done well. We need to pick 4 or maybe 5 best bowlers ignoring how they bat. Not sure who they are but maybe young spinner Crane could come in for Woakes. Maybe bring Wood in who is meant to be fit.
Ashes Thread on 16:41 - Dec 3 with 2143 viewswortonranger

By the way - James Vince is an R! So be tolerant. My son ( also a mad R’s fan like all our family ) and I have been to several games with him and his dad, Paul ( who’s letter was once used as the editorial in the programme back in the day ). Trust me, it’s a totally different experience watching top level sport when you know the family involved well. Really hope he does well tomorrow.
Ashes Thread on 18:28 - Dec 3 with 2099 viewsstowmarketrange

Ashes Thread on 16:41 - Dec 3 by wortonranger

By the way - James Vince is an R! So be tolerant. My son ( also a mad R’s fan like all our family ) and I have been to several games with him and his dad, Paul ( who’s letter was once used as the editorial in the programme back in the day ). Trust me, it’s a totally different experience watching top level sport when you know the family involved well. Really hope he does well tomorrow.

I’ll have to wear my Qpr shirt in Perth Melbourne and Sydney and hope he stays in the side then.
I’ll be sitting in with the barmy army so it would be good to get a photo when we win our consolation test in Sydney.
Ashes Thread on 21:46 - Dec 3 with 2046 viewsdaveB

series is all over I'm afraid, we can't get 20 wickets with that bowling attacks and don't have enough runs in us, we'll do well to avoid a 5-0
Ashes Thread on 22:02 - Dec 3 with 2042 viewsElHoop

Ashes Thread on 21:46 - Dec 3 by daveB

series is all over I'm afraid, we can't get 20 wickets with that bowling attacks and don't have enough runs in us, we'll do well to avoid a 5-0

If Cook and/or Root can get a ton here then they might steer the others to get us enough runs to draw this test. That's definitely not impossible. We might also knacker one of their bowlers in the process - every little helps in such a compact series in terms of timespan.
Ashes Thread on 01:35 - Dec 4 with 2003 viewsisawqpratwcity

NZ just beat the West Indies by an innings and 67 runs, 1st Test.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11952669

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Ashes Thread on 03:09 - Dec 4 with 1985 viewsNov77

Another qpr fan leaves early!

Vince only lasted 7 minutes, just threw his wicket away.

Boycott's laying into him.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Ashes Thread on 07:11 - Dec 4 with 1951 viewsjohnhoop

After what’s happened out there this morning maybe Clive should terminate this thread on the grounds that it’s a danger to the mental health of English cricket supporters.
Ashes Thread on 07:18 - Dec 4 with 1942 viewsted_hendrix

Embarrassingly pathetic

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Ashes Thread on 07:20 - Dec 4 with 1938 viewsdistortR

Ashes Thread on 07:18 - Dec 4 by ted_hendrix

Embarrassingly pathetic

isn't it just?
Ashes Thread on 07:56 - Dec 4 with 1927 viewsHooparoo

Ashes Thread on 07:11 - Dec 4 by johnhoop

After what’s happened out there this morning maybe Clive should terminate this thread on the grounds that it’s a danger to the mental health of English cricket supporters.

Not all Rs are English

Ashes Thread on 07:58 - Dec 4 with 1926 viewsJamesB1979

And our coach is an Aussie.....very well paid one too
Ashes Thread on 10:09 - Dec 4 with 1863 viewsCamberleyR

Might as well hand them the Ashes now. We'll lose this by a country mile and then it's the WACA where our record is: DLWLDDLLLLLLL

The solitary win was against their B team in 78/79

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Ashes Thread on 11:17 - Dec 4 with 1827 viewsElHoop

A good rearguard effort by the bowlers with bat and ball though.

The trouble is that we never seem to be able to polish them off from the sort of position we are in at the close. If we could get them out for 125 then they don't have the runs for an all out attack on our batsmen, but I can't believe that we'll do that given how many times they've got off the hook lately. Best chance is probably to keep the runs down and a slow over rate giving us less time to survive.
Ashes Thread on 11:23 - Dec 4 with 1813 viewsTheChef

Ashes Thread on 11:17 - Dec 4 by ElHoop

A good rearguard effort by the bowlers with bat and ball though.

The trouble is that we never seem to be able to polish them off from the sort of position we are in at the close. If we could get them out for 125 then they don't have the runs for an all out attack on our batsmen, but I can't believe that we'll do that given how many times they've got off the hook lately. Best chance is probably to keep the runs down and a slow over rate giving us less time to survive.

Nice come back from the bowlers. Shame we couldn't have done the same in the first innings.

Unfortunately we're not going to be able to bat through at least four sessions.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024