Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Great interview with David Wheeler... 13:12 - Nov 16 with 7438 viewsAntti_Heinola

https://thesetpieces.com/interviews/qpr-winger-david-wheeler-talks-politics-turn

Really like this lad. Hope he can break into the side and get some goals. If Ollie goes to a 4-3-3 could definitely see him thriving.

Bare bones.

Great interview with David Wheeler... on 10:31 - Nov 17 with 1736 viewsessextaxiboy

Great interview with David Wheeler... on 09:41 - Nov 17 by BazzaInTheLoft

They knocked QPR out the cup a couple of years ago didn’t they?

That was before they took over Dulwich Hamlet.
Great interview with David Wheeler... on 10:36 - Nov 17 with 1732 viewsDevonWhite

Great interview with David Wheeler... on 09:42 - Nov 17 by stevec

I think Essex has a point, but shouldn't be an issue if handled correctly.

I've always found what works best is to listen to everything a Leftie has to say, have a good old laugh to yourself, and then try to educate them.

Admittedly, that can be a tough call but it's hugely satisfying on the rare occasion you make a breakthrough knowing you've had a positive impact on their lives.

It's just a shame Karl Henry is not here to get that message across to the dressing room.

Odd that left wing people need educating by right wingers yet the majority of academics are left wing. Wonder how that happened.
Great interview with David Wheeler... on 10:54 - Nov 17 with 1715 viewsessextaxiboy

Great interview with David Wheeler... on 10:36 - Nov 17 by DevonWhite

Odd that left wing people need educating by right wingers yet the majority of academics are left wing. Wonder how that happened.

I have tried not to turn this thread into a Left/Right thing because as we all nothing comes out of it but in answer to your wondering ...

Academics have never had to go out into the world of business, commerce and had to "turn a dollar" .

They mix with academics , they live with academics .... the post you are replying to was tongue in cheek tho IMO
Great interview with David Wheeler... on 11:06 - Nov 17 with 1697 viewseasthertsr

Great interview with David Wheeler... on 10:54 - Nov 17 by essextaxiboy

I have tried not to turn this thread into a Left/Right thing because as we all nothing comes out of it but in answer to your wondering ...

Academics have never had to go out into the world of business, commerce and had to "turn a dollar" .

They mix with academics , they live with academics .... the post you are replying to was tongue in cheek tho IMO

Nor has Boris Johnson or most of the cabinet ! I never really get the argument that working for yourself or 'making' something puts you ahead of nurses, teachers, soldiers etc
Great interview with David Wheeler... on 11:17 - Nov 17 with 1675 viewsessextaxiboy

Great interview with David Wheeler... on 11:06 - Nov 17 by easthertsr

Nor has Boris Johnson or most of the cabinet ! I never really get the argument that working for yourself or 'making' something puts you ahead of nurses, teachers, soldiers etc

It really doesnt and thats not the point I make . Its about opinion being formed by personal experience not theory
Great interview with David Wheeler... on 11:42 - Nov 17 with 1646 viewsFDC

As an academic I can confirm that I live in a securely fortified ivory tower, adorned with all the lovely things my enormous academic salary can buy, and that I exercise a strict vetting policy whereby all visitors without a PhD are turned away.
Great interview with David Wheeler... on 11:43 - Nov 17 with 1641 viewseasthertsr

Great interview with David Wheeler... on 11:17 - Nov 17 by essextaxiboy

It really doesnt and thats not the point I make . Its about opinion being formed by personal experience not theory

So why is a 'workers' experience and opinion, more likely to be right than a person who contributes by providing a service to the community?
Great interview with David Wheeler... on 12:02 - Nov 17 with 1614 viewsAntti_Heinola

yeah it's an easy life. I might become an academic. I imagine i'll just call myself an academic, and money will start flowing. Never have to worry about turning a dollar when you're an academic. Easiest game in the world.

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

Great interview with David Wheeler... on 12:12 - Nov 17 with 1599 viewsstevec

Great interview with David Wheeler... on 12:02 - Nov 17 by Antti_Heinola

yeah it's an easy life. I might become an academic. I imagine i'll just call myself an academic, and money will start flowing. Never have to worry about turning a dollar when you're an academic. Easiest game in the world.

Antti, I think I need to step in there.

You can't just call yourself an academic. First, you need to prove you're a Leftie, only then can you call yourself an academic.
Great interview with David Wheeler... on 12:32 - Nov 17 with 1583 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

The commie bastard is trying to collect money for food banks now:

https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/features/food-for-thought-qpr-support-foodbank/
[Post edited 17 Nov 2017 12:35]
Great interview with David Wheeler... on 13:15 - Nov 17 with 1558 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Shifty eyes on him. Needs a shave. too. The dirty do-gooder.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Great interview with David Wheeler... on 13:41 - Nov 17 with 1542 viewsAntti_Heinola

Great interview with David Wheeler... on 12:32 - Nov 17 by BazzaInTheLoft

This could cause huge upset in the dressing room.

Bare bones.

Great interview with David Wheeler... on 13:52 - Nov 17 with 1532 viewsrobith

I find it quite interesting that people say politics and a team don't mix. I'm obviously me and I can be a bit outspoken and my politics are rarely shared at work and certainly not in my rugby team, but I actually find it reinforces a bit of togetherness. My second row partner is the biggest dyed in the wool Tory you'll ever meet and when we bind up for a scrum his greetings of "Push this time you f**king commie" never fail to raise a smile and get me in the zone
Great interview with David Wheeler... on 13:58 - Nov 17 with 1525 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Great interview with David Wheeler... on 13:52 - Nov 17 by robith

I find it quite interesting that people say politics and a team don't mix. I'm obviously me and I can be a bit outspoken and my politics are rarely shared at work and certainly not in my rugby team, but I actually find it reinforces a bit of togetherness. My second row partner is the biggest dyed in the wool Tory you'll ever meet and when we bind up for a scrum his greetings of "Push this time you f**king commie" never fail to raise a smile and get me in the zone

Never say ‘push this time’ back to a Tory because they get Eton disgraced housemaster flashbacks .
Great interview with David Wheeler... on 14:06 - Nov 17 with 1518 viewsessextaxiboy

Great interview with David Wheeler... on 12:32 - Nov 17 by BazzaInTheLoft

Your post , not mine Baz ..
Great interview with David Wheeler... on 14:08 - Nov 17 with 1513 viewsBushRanger82

Great interview with David Wheeler... on 15:12 - Nov 16 by essextaxiboy

If I was Ollie I would ask him not to speak politics around the club or in public and especially in the dressing room .
Together with religion it is devisive and promotes conflict in what should be a tight team environment.
We have seen on here how intense the debate has been in recent months .

He is young , he can follow another career when he finishes IMO
[Post edited 16 Nov 2017 15:16]

David seems to be a lovely lad, intelligent and compassionate, wish I had him as a son-in-law.
If he was saying something controversial, that would be something else entirely.
Why would anyone take exception to what he said. He's right on the money.
Great interview with David Wheeler... on 14:16 - Nov 17 with 1503 viewsessextaxiboy

Great interview with David Wheeler... on 13:15 - Nov 17 by BrianMcCarthy

Shifty eyes on him. Needs a shave. too. The dirty do-gooder.

Your post not mine Brian ..
Great interview with David Wheeler... on 14:26 - Nov 17 with 1483 viewsessextaxiboy

Great interview with David Wheeler... on 11:42 - Nov 17 by FDC

As an academic I can confirm that I live in a securely fortified ivory tower, adorned with all the lovely things my enormous academic salary can buy, and that I exercise a strict vetting policy whereby all visitors without a PhD are turned away.

Ha Ha you don't fool me , by "ivory tower" you mean opinion don't you ?
Great interview with David Wheeler... on 14:36 - Nov 17 with 1476 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Great interview with David Wheeler... on 14:16 - Nov 17 by essextaxiboy

Your post not mine Brian ..

Eh?

Sorry, Essex, I don't know what that means.

I wasn't having a dig at you or anyone just having the craic on a Friday afternoon.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Great interview with David Wheeler... on 14:41 - Nov 17 with 1473 viewsessextaxiboy

Great interview with David Wheeler... on 11:43 - Nov 17 by easthertsr

So why is a 'workers' experience and opinion, more likely to be right than a person who contributes by providing a service to the community?

Eh? Workers do provide a service to the community ?
Great interview with David Wheeler... on 14:52 - Nov 17 with 1458 viewsessextaxiboy

Great interview with David Wheeler... on 14:08 - Nov 17 by BushRanger82

David seems to be a lovely lad, intelligent and compassionate, wish I had him as a son-in-law.
If he was saying something controversial, that would be something else entirely.
Why would anyone take exception to what he said. He's right on the money.

It's not what he is saying , it is that he is saying it ...IMO
Great interview with David Wheeler... (n/t) (n/t) on 14:54 - Nov 17 with 1456 viewsessextaxiboy

Great interview with David Wheeler... on 14:36 - Nov 17 by BrianMcCarthy

Eh?

Sorry, Essex, I don't know what that means.

I wasn't having a dig at you or anyone just having the craic on a Friday afternoon.

No dig taken Brian
[Post edited 17 Nov 2017 14:58]
Great interview with David Wheeler... on 14:57 - Nov 17 with 1446 viewsBoston

Great interview with David Wheeler... on 11:42 - Nov 17 by FDC

You may well reside in an ivory tower sir, but I'd remind you that it is the like of me who builds them.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Great interview with David Wheeler... on 15:01 - Nov 17 with 1435 viewseasthertsr

Great interview with David Wheeler... on 14:41 - Nov 17 by essextaxiboy

Eh? Workers do provide a service to the community ?

So do academics! So why say such people don't live in the 'real' world?
Great interview with David Wheeler... on 15:09 - Nov 17 with 1424 viewsessextaxiboy

Great interview with David Wheeler... on 12:02 - Nov 17 by Antti_Heinola

At last ! Someone who shares my view . You can't just call yourself one though . You will have to pack in the job and secure a grant . You could research knee jerking . I reckon you could squeeze 10 years out of that . ... Good luck !
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024