Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Change The World Concert, Loftus Road 1987 18:35 - Nov 16 with 6367 viewsDees

Just found this picture featuring producer/DJ Goldie and a lack health & safety - don't remember the concert at all, did anyone from here go?

'I also got them a commission at a gigantic concert called ‘Change the World’, arranged by the same charity that organised Live Aid.

The concert was held at Loftus Road, Queen’s Park Rangers’ ground in London and featured many of the top pop acts of the day, including Tears for Fears and ABC. Goldie and Vulcan spayed this massive hoarding together over 8 hours while the bands played live in the stadium'

https://www.fabriclondon.com/blog/view/goldie-stairway-to-fame-photo-collection
Change The World Concert, Loftus Road 1987 on 18:45 - Nov 16 with 6348 viewsBoston

I'd forgotten they'd played at QPR.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Change The World Concert, Loftus Road 1987 on 22:08 - Nov 16 with 6244 views100percent

I worked at the show.
At the time i was the tour manager for a band called Buddy Curtess and the Grasshoppers.
it was a pretty odd event.... trying to remember the other acts....
Change The World Concert, Loftus Road 1987 on 01:38 - Nov 17 with 6167 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Change The World Concert, Loftus Road 1987 on 22:08 - Nov 16 by 100percent

I worked at the show.
At the time i was the tour manager for a band called Buddy Curtess and the Grasshoppers.

Mr 100percent
With Buddy Curtess and the Grasshoppers was there a bloke called Frank McGrath in the band?
Change The World Concert, Loftus Road 1987 on 01:40 - Nov 17 with 6162 viewsBoston

Change The World Concert, Loftus Road 1987 on 22:08 - Nov 16 by 100percent

I worked at the show.

Buddy, who now drives the Madison Sq Gdns Zamboni?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Change The World Concert, Loftus Road 1987 on 08:00 - Nov 17 with 6064 views100percent

Change The World Concert, Loftus Road 1987 on 01:38 - Nov 17 by superhoopdownunder

Mr 100percent
With Buddy Curtess and the Grasshoppers was there a bloke called Frank McGrath in the band?

yep, Frank was one of the four singers of the band. Nine of them in total - really entertaining band that were pretty big on the student circuit around that time.....
Change The World Concert, Loftus Road 1987 on 09:31 - Nov 17 with 6008 viewsPhildo

Change The World Concert, Loftus Road 1987 on 08:00 - Nov 17 by 100percent

yep, Frank was one of the four singers of the band. Nine of them in total - really entertaining band that were pretty big on the student circuit around that time.....

He was the PE teacher at Cardinal Vaughan in a previous life
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024