Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Strikers, training ground, stadium and the same old faces - Fans forum 11:45 - Nov 17 with 3758 viewsNorthernr

Fans Forum time again. Hooray.

Strikers, training ground, stadium and the same old faces - Fans forum 17th Nov 2017 11:28
The latest QPR Fans Forum took place at Loftus Road on Thursday evening, with Ian Holloway, Les Ferdinand and Lee Hoos speaking on a range of issues. 14

Strikers, training ground, stadium and the same old faces - Fans forum on 12:07 - Nov 17 with 3710 viewsAntti_Heinola

I watched some of this on Faceache. The comments coming up were jaw-dropping. Hoos 'has no idea' apparently. 'Why aren't we signing any defenders?' was frequent - er, ever heard of a transfer window? And of course the utterly idiotic: 'Get Charlie back' - I think about 15 of the first 20 messages I saw said that. The level of understanding is unbelievably low. Another guy was insisting Ferdinand had destroyed the youth set up since he took over and he could never forgive him for it. Another one was criticising Ferdinand for being negative. Christ.

Honestly, I feel so sorry for the club sometimes.

Bare bones.

Strikers, training ground, stadium and the same old faces - Fans forum on 12:09 - Nov 17 with 3706 viewsNorthernr

Strikers, training ground, stadium and the same old faces - Fans forum on 12:07 - Nov 17 by Antti_Heinola

I watched some of this on Faceache. The comments coming up were jaw-dropping. Hoos 'has no idea' apparently. 'Why aren't we signing any defenders?' was frequent - er, ever heard of a transfer window? And of course the utterly idiotic: 'Get Charlie back' - I think about 15 of the first 20 messages I saw said that. The level of understanding is unbelievably low. Another guy was insisting Ferdinand had destroyed the youth set up since he took over and he could never forgive him for it. Another one was criticising Ferdinand for being negative. Christ.

I'd rather go on a family holiday with Priti Patel than get involved with anything QPR related on Facebook. Makes the Twitter look like an arm of Mensa.
Strikers, training ground, stadium and the same old faces - Fans forum on 12:27 - Nov 17 with 3663 viewsdaveB

Strikers, training ground, stadium and the same old faces - Fans forum on 12:07 - Nov 17 by Antti_Heinola

some people are a lost cause, you could hold up a blue piece of paper in front of them and they'd claim it was a horse
[Post edited 17 Nov 2017 12:28]
Strikers, training ground, stadium and the same old faces - Fans forum on 12:32 - Nov 17 with 3644 viewshoof_hearted

Strikers, training ground, stadium and the same old faces - Fans forum on 12:09 - Nov 17 by Northernr

I'd rather go on a family holiday with Priti Patel than get involved with anything QPR related on Facebook. Makes the Twitter look like an arm of Mensa.

Sort the Golan Heights out wile you're there, please. Thanks x.
Strikers, training ground, stadium and the same old faces - Fans forum on 12:45 - Nov 17 with 3615 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Thanks for the report, Clive. Hugely encouraging.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Strikers, training ground, stadium and the same old faces - Fans forum on 13:39 - Nov 17 with 3514 viewsAntti_Heinola

Strikers, training ground, stadium and the same old faces - Fans forum on 12:09 - Nov 17 by Northernr

it was horrific.
Thanks for the round up, my wifi dropped out a fair bit, so good to see what i missed out on. Thought Les in particular was excellent.

Bare bones.

Strikers, training ground, stadium and the same old faces - Fans forum on 13:47 - Nov 17 with 3494 viewsNorthernr

Strikers, training ground, stadium and the same old faces - Fans forum on 13:39 - Nov 17 by Antti_Heinola

it was horrific.
Thanks for the round up, my wifi dropped out a fair bit, so good to see what i missed out on. Thought Les in particular was excellent.

He seems much more assured in that role now, publicly. Holloway said something about his role, Les' role, Penrice and Hoos all being very clearly defined now which is good. Still "what does Les actually do?" remains on the bingo card.

He's really let himself go as well Ferdinand, what a state of a man
Strikers, training ground, stadium and the same old faces - Fans forum on 14:05 - Nov 17 with 3455 viewsngbqpr

Thanks for writing up - refreshing & encouraging.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Login to get fewer ads

Strikers, training ground, stadium and the same old faces - Fans forum on 16:48 - Nov 17 with 3212 viewsBklynRanger

The Isle of Fcuking White! Well done on travelling that distance that man/woman.
Strikers, training ground, stadium and the same old faces - Fans forum on 17:24 - Nov 17 with 3171 views1BobbyHazell

Many thanks for a great report and comments Clive. Excellent work as always and really appreciated.

I must admit that the words of Hoos, Les and Ollie at these things always leave me with a big smile on my face. We are becoming a very well run club so soon after being a record breaking disaster.

"Getting Gary Penrice in we’ve already seen a couple of players from that already, Scowen and Freeman." - Someone deserves a big f*cking raise!

urrrrsssss
Strikers, training ground, stadium and the same old faces - Fans forum on 20:46 - Nov 17 with 2958 viewsbillericaydicky

I'd love to go on holiday with Priti Patel.
Strikers, training ground, stadium and the same old faces - Fans forum on 23:30 - Nov 17 with 2797 viewsJAPRANGERS

Thanks for your hard work Clive. Fantastic stuff!
Strikers, training ground, stadium and the same old faces - Fans forum on 01:26 - Nov 18 with 2747 viewsPommyhoop

Great read Clive Cheers for that.
These words ''He added that they were looking at the Burnley model and Sean Dyche as something to aspire to.'' gave me goosebumps. In a good way. Oh and nice words from Hoos about the ongoing support for our Stanley.
Oh I posted the article on a couple of Rangers FB sites. You never know, it might get through to a few and actually stick .

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Strikers, training ground, stadium and the same old faces - Fans forum on 06:07 - Nov 18 with 2684 viewsisawqpratwcity

Strikers, training ground, stadium and the same old faces - Fans forum on 01:26 - Nov 18 by Pommyhoop

Great read Clive Cheers for that.
These words ''He added that they were looking at the Burnley model and Sean Dyche as something to aspire to.'' gave me goosebumps. In a good way. Oh and nice words from Hoos about the ongoing support for our Stanley.
Oh I posted the article on a couple of Rangers FB sites. You never know, it might get through to a few and actually stick .

You realise you're up for Clive's royalties now...

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Strikers, training ground, stadium and the same old faces - Fans forum on 06:56 - Nov 18 with 2659 viewsDixie_CT

Burnley Model = Lee Hoos. Taken longer to implement because we we're such a basket case but we could be even better than Burnley by 2022.

The oversized squad is a thing but what do you do when you have only two players out of contract and there are holes that need filled? Don't sign Freeman, Baptiste, Scowen, Bright, Smyth etc because you've got Finney (player not celebrity fan), Ariel, JET, Caulker etc??

Im ok with it because it's financially viable. Sure we will take a hit on wages now before potentially cashing in on one of the prospects which readdresses the balance sheet. A risk no doubt but what strategy in business is risk free? This feels more calculated with a much better pay off than the Juilo Cesear type risk/reward gamble.

Plus I think we be much lower down the table if we done of the latter replaced the former.

It may be dismissive but true, who is going to loan £40m without interest.

I think they might keep RGC as well but he should go out on loan asap. Petrasso is an interesting one.

Eze, Bright and Smyth will be like Neymar, Messi & Suarez.

The sky is blue, the futures bright
[Post edited 18 Nov 2017 7:00]
Strikers, training ground, stadium and the same old faces - Fans forum on 09:08 - Nov 18 with 2542 viewsBlue_Castello

Personally I don't do Faceache so fortunately miss these gems from people who obviously can't read or have an intelligence level lesser than John Terry, can't think of a bigger insult today.
We are all 100% aware of the dire financial strait the club is currently undergoing and asking for more players seems beyond belief, if that's the way they truly feel they would be better off supporting a Premiership team.
On the subject of out of contract players it's a shame a few more are not up for renewal in the Summer ie Yeni and Ariel seem surplus to requirements but then again maybe we can get a small transfer fee to help them out the door.......
Strikers, training ground, stadium and the same old faces - Fans forum on 11:38 - Nov 18 with 2433 viewsstevec

Strikers, training ground, stadium and the same old faces - Fans forum on 09:08 - Nov 18 by Blue_Castello

Personally I don't do Faceache so fortunately miss these gems from people who obviously can't read or have an intelligence level lesser than John Terry, can't think of a bigger insult today.
We are all 100% aware of the dire financial strait the club is currently undergoing and asking for more players seems beyond belief, if that's the way they truly feel they would be better off supporting a Premiership team.
On the subject of out of contract players it's a shame a few more are not up for renewal in the Summer ie Yeni and Ariel seem surplus to requirements but then again maybe we can get a small transfer fee to help them out the door.......

If that's correct about Yeni and Ariel then seems they were given 3 year contracts.

Somewhat amazed that players untried at this level would get that length of contract and certainly explains why we have such a huge squad.
Strikers, training ground, stadium and the same old faces - Fans forum on 13:08 - Nov 18 with 2334 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Strikers, training ground, stadium and the same old faces - Fans forum on 11:38 - Nov 18 by stevec

If that's correct about Yeni and Ariel then seems they were given 3 year contracts.

Somewhat amazed that players untried at this level would get that length of contract and certainly explains why we have such a huge squad.

You'd be the first one climbing down Ferdinand's throat if they did well and left for a free after a year.

Your mate Luongo is going to a WC in 2018. If he'd been on a one year contract he'd be there as a free agent and would probably be playing for WBA next season.

Now, because he was given a three year contract if he does well in Russia QPR could be in for a few £m and you'd have to find someone else to shit all over every week.

[Post edited 18 Nov 2017 13:09]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024