Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Drastic career change 15:57 - Nov 17 with 1346 viewsMrSheen

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-42021373

Probably chose it so he could wear gloves at work.

"I've never seen anything like this in my 20 years as a physician," South Korean doctor Lee Cook-jong told journalists, explaining that the longest worm removed from the patient's intestines was 27cm (11in) long.

Drastic career change on 16:57 - Nov 17 with 1275 viewsjohncharles

Food for thought

Strong and stable my arse.

Drastic career change on 22:20 - Nov 17 with 1213 viewsisawqpratwcity

Drastic career change on 16:57 - Nov 17 by johncharles

Food for thought

"But Prof Lankov points out that compared with other countries with a similar per capita income - like Bangladesh or many African countries - the population in North Korea is healthier than one would expect. The country's life expectancy is well above average considering the level of economic poverty, he says."

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Drastic career change on 22:24 - Nov 17 with 1209 viewsdistortR

Drastic career change on 22:20 - Nov 17 by isawqpratwcity

"But Prof Lankov points out that compared with other countries with a similar per capita income - like Bangladesh or many African countries - the population in North Korea is healthier than one would expect. The country's life expectancy is well above average considering the level of economic poverty, he says."

well, that's all right then.......
Drastic career change on 22:48 - Nov 17 with 1182 viewsisawqpratwcity

Drastic career change on 22:24 - Nov 17 by distortR

well, that's all right then.......

Nobody is saying NK is a paragon state, but you have to give credit where it is due, as well as wonder how, along with massive military expenditure, do they do it?

Drastic career change on 23:28 - Nov 17 with 1148 viewsTacticalR

Lankov is well worth listening to - he teaches in South Korea but has lived in North Korea.

He is pretty clear about the problems at the end of that BBC article:
'Should there ever be a reunification of the two Koreas though, there would be massive health problems for officials to deal with for decades to come, Prof Lankov warns.'

He was quoted extensively in an article about the growth of private business in the North Korean economy ('North Korea begins journey from feudalism to crony capitalism') that appeared earlier this year in the FT, which I mentioned in this post:

Crazy Kim has tested an ICBM by Hooparoo 4 Jul 2017 12:27
Well, if WW3 starts we don't have to worry about relegation anymore this season.

I think the North Koreans may have just crossed a red line. I'm off to the cellar to open the special bottle that I don't need to save for years anymore. 🍷😉

Air hostess clique

Drastic career change on 00:18 - Nov 18 with 1117 viewsisawqpratwcity

Drastic career change on 23:28 - Nov 17 by TacticalR

Lankov is well worth listening to - he teaches in South Korea but has lived in North Korea.

He is pretty clear about the problems at the end of that BBC article:
'Should there ever be a reunification of the two Koreas though, there would be massive health problems for officials to deal with for decades to come, Prof Lankov warns.'

He was quoted extensively in an article about the growth of private business in the North Korean economy ('North Korea begins journey from feudalism to crony capitalism') that appeared earlier this year in the FT, which I mentioned in this post:

Crazy Kim has tested an ICBM by Hooparoo 4 Jul 2017 12:27
Well, if WW3 starts we don't have to worry about relegation anymore this season.

I think the North Koreans may have just crossed a red line. I'm off to the cellar to open the special bottle that I don't need to save for years anymore. 🍷😉

We must suffer from a less efficient form of corruption.

Drastic career change on 00:39 - Nov 18 with 1107 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I thought QPR under Redknapp had worse.
Drastic career change on 07:12 - Nov 18 with 1058 viewsdanehoop

Drastic career change on 00:39 - Nov 18 by BazzaInTheLoft

I thought QPR under Redknapp had worse.

Endemic corruption or endemic parasites?

Never knowingly understood

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024