Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bstrd car damage 10:10 - Nov 30 with 2534 viewsenfieldargh

Some horrible bsts decided to drive his van down the side of my sons 56 plate Fiesta when it was parked up

Insurance say its a write off.

Wil need 2 replacement doors and a front panel

Young driver so been paying thru the nose for 4 years, his first claim and wallop

What a bunch of.......

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Bstrd car damage on 10:12 - Nov 30 with 2524 viewslondonscottish

Is it worth buying it back off the ins co and having some s/h parts fitted?

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Bstrd car damage on 10:16 - Nov 30 with 2514 viewsPhildo

Had a similar event where a guy pulled out of a side road dangerously lost control of his vehicle and then took out the side of my car before absconding. The van coming the other way had a dashcam and filmed the whole thing and the guy driving it was kind enough to email me the footage. Invested in a dashcam immediately after.
Bstrd car damage on 11:20 - Nov 30 with 2413 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Sickening for him.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Bstrd car damage on 11:27 - Nov 30 with 2393 viewsBrightonhoop

Definately buy back to repair yourself, then go third party only for 3-4 years to build up no claims whilst saving for a replacement car later. As Bri said, sickening.
Bstrd car damage on 13:09 - Nov 30 with 2258 viewsTonto

A few years back a lorry (judging by the height of the damage) went into the car enough to smash the drivers window as well as leaving a significant scar on the door. Didnt leave any details, just scarpered leaving me with the insurance bill. Thanks a lot.

To top it off the insurance company at the time "sold" my details to several of those bloody "claim lawyers, who too this day phone me as I was in an accident to see if I wanted to make a claim. Against who? And for what? I wasn't in the car at the time so IM hardly going to claim whiplash am I?

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Bstrd car damage on 13:36 - Nov 30 with 2206 viewsR_from_afar

Sorry to hear that. I feel your pain. A moron came bombing round a bend on a narrow road when we were on holiday. He trashed our mirror. We both stopped and it was clear he was an @rsy type who was never going to admit he was at fault (which he was: going too fast and over the central line). It was my wife's car too

We just had to suck up the cost.

That is quite trivial compared with your situation, and that of a mate: a van deliberately crashed into him at high speed on the M27. My mate had it all on his dashcam and an ex-policeman he knows said he thought it was a deliberate ramming manoeuvre, but the actual police weren't interested.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Bstrd car damage on 13:55 - Nov 30 with 2177 viewsenfieldargh

Bstrd car damage on 13:09 - Nov 30 by Tonto

A few years back a lorry (judging by the height of the damage) went into the car enough to smash the drivers window as well as leaving a significant scar on the door. Didnt leave any details, just scarpered leaving me with the insurance bill. Thanks a lot.

To top it off the insurance company at the time "sold" my details to several of those bloody "claim lawyers, who too this day phone me as I was in an accident to see if I wanted to make a claim. Against who? And for what? I wasn't in the car at the time so IM hardly going to claim whiplash am I?

I cant stand the phone calls telling me I was in an accident.

I used to get angry with the person on the other end of the phone, now I just pity them

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Bstrd car damage on 15:52 - Nov 30 with 2106 viewskensalriser

Bstrd car damage on 13:55 - Nov 30 by enfieldargh

I cant stand the phone calls telling me I was in an accident.

I used to get angry with the person on the other end of the phone, now I just pity them

I tell them the accident was my fault and I did it deliberately because the other driver was pissing me off. Incredible how quickly they get off the phone.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Login to get fewer ads

Bstrd car damage on 17:43 - Nov 30 with 2032 viewsShotKneesHoop

Bstrd car damage on 10:12 - Nov 30 by londonscottish

Is it worth buying it back off the ins co and having some s/h parts fitted?

This is the best advice you will ever get, as the insurance crooks are only to happy to say its a write off; usually its not.

So accept it, go to the Parts Gateway web site for the materials and get a friendly garage to fit the parts.

This happened to me earlier this year. I made £800 out of the write off fee after paying for parts and garage labour.

Write offs by insurance fees are as big a scam as off shore holdings, banks charges, VAT for Google, Starbucks , Google etc; so call their bluff and repair it with the write off fees.

A total rip off allowed by the government and the financiers.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Bstrd car damage on 19:33 - Nov 30 with 1941 viewsactonman

Bstrd car damage on 17:43 - Nov 30 by ShotKneesHoop

This is the best advice you will ever get, as the insurance crooks are only to happy to say its a write off; usually its not.

So accept it, go to the Parts Gateway web site for the materials and get a friendly garage to fit the parts.

This happened to me earlier this year. I made £800 out of the write off fee after paying for parts and garage labour.

Write offs by insurance fees are as big a scam as off shore holdings, banks charges, VAT for Google, Starbucks , Google etc; so call their bluff and repair it with the write off fees.

You missed out ticket booking fees.

TBH if the 3rd party counter claimed even while banged to rights in the wrong, you would probably find the insurance company's would call it 50 / 50 anyway while sitting back on the old chesterfield sofas drinking brandy with large panamas on the go !
Bstrd car damage on 20:50 - Nov 30 with 1882 viewsPBLOCK

Bstrd car damage on 15:52 - Nov 30 by kensalriser

I tell them the accident was my fault and I did it deliberately because the other driver was pissing me off. Incredible how quickly they get off the phone.

I feel for the people who do that job they're just trying to make a living but after receiving an ridiculous amount recently ( I'm sure searching for new car insurance had nothing to do with it ) and being very polite and asking not to be called again I was to say the least getting pi££ed off and the conversation went like this

Call centre: Hello is that Mr P Block we understand you had a car accident that wasnt your fault and may have sustained injuries

Me: What good timing you're right I did. I was thinking of investigating the matter, what a stroke of luck that you called

Cc: Well isn't it so can you tell me the injuries you sustained in the crash, and once I've completed this we may be able to get you compensation for the distress you have suffered

Me: Well where do I begin. It was two broken legs, fractured arm, fractured pelvis, 6 vertabrae broken, I lost my spleen but according to the coroner it was the fractured skul that killed me

Cc Long pause.. Er coroner?

Me Yeah nice bloke did the autopsy but wasnt too intrusive does being dead affect my claim??

Cc Hangs up
Bstrd car damage on 20:55 - Nov 30 with 1873 viewsTonto

The other truck is to say yes but then say you have to go and get the paperwork and put the phone down.... have a competition who stays on the other end before hanging up the longest. The record in our office is 6 minutes

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Bstrd car damage on 00:07 - Dec 2 with 1600 viewswombat

Bstrd car damage on 20:55 - Nov 30 by Tonto

The other truck is to say yes but then say you have to go and get the paperwork and put the phone down.... have a competition who stays on the other end before hanging up the longest. The record in our office is 6 minutes

I love them , they usually ring when I’m in the car and getting bored so helps passes the day , usually I’m driving a Bentley GT , up the M1 then two large dinosaurs take me of the road , I lost all my limbs and I’m using the same thing Steven Hawkins does to communicate with them . 12 mins is my best so far one guy pi$$ed him self on the phone as I was descirng the accident.

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Bstrd car damage on 00:55 - Dec 2 with 1576 viewsBoston

Bstrd car damage on 17:43 - Nov 30 by ShotKneesHoop

Oh perlease, that's not the half of it, I deal with insurance companies every week, and in the main they're a bunch of turds. Want to be on a fire job and see the farking write offs, blow yer mind! Most of my workforce has never bought an appliance in the last twenty years, neither furniture or half of all household products come to that. I'm sure if you're like most of us, you have little idea of all you own ('till it's gone), so if you ever experience any type of disaster, quickly film as much as possible before the builders / demo boys get there, as the insurance reps literally throw everything, even if there's absolutely nothing wrong with your stuff.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024