Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sergio Ramos - 24!! 13:56 - Dec 3 with 2255 viewsBrianMcCarthy

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/mar/23/sergio-ramos-19-real-madrid-red

I was in stitches by the end of this article. Appropriately enough. Well worth the read.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Sergio Ramos - 24!! on 19:21 - Dec 3 with 2089 viewsdixiedean

Nasty piece of work. Always thought he'd fit in well with that lot down the road . They'd love his thuggish behaviour there .
Sergio Ramos - 24!! on 20:00 - Dec 3 with 2042 viewseastside_r

As I said on another thread.

Was picked for Spain as a token meringue when Barca were supreme and dominant.

it was not politically expedient for the all-conquering Spanish side to not have a representative from RM.

He got lucky.
Sergio Ramos - 24!! on 20:11 - Dec 3 with 2006 viewsbosh67

Rumour has it he gets up at 3am every morning... To take an early bath.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Sergio Ramos - 24!! on 01:17 - Dec 4 with 1881 viewsMatch82

That picture with Casillas is the best part. Rather than looking at the referee, he's looking straight at Ramos going "FFS again Sergio?"
Sergio Ramos - 24!! on 09:54 - Dec 4 with 1755 viewstraininvain

Sergio Ramos - 24!! on 20:00 - Dec 3 by eastside_r

As I said on another thread.

Was picked for Spain as a token meringue when Barca were supreme and dominant.

it was not politically expedient for the all-conquering Spanish side to not have a representative from RM.

He got lucky.

He's won a hell of a lot of trophies for someone who 'got lucky'!!

Not saying he's the best centre back I've ever seen but I think you're doing him a bit of a disservice.
Sergio Ramos - 24!! on 10:34 - Dec 4 with 1716 views08olesen

I think he is up there with one of the best ever. He started playing for Spain when he was 19 and been a constant ever since, winning major trophies that other players could only dream of. Yes he has a screw loose at some points, but so did Roy Keane and Eric Cantona. I think he is a player that the likes of Arsenal have sorely missed.

Basically, i reject the idea that he runs around like a neanderthal clattering into people. He has incredible football brain, and would get into any team in the world i think. I agree though that 24 red cards is impressive for anybody!

Poll: Who will the other play off

Sergio Ramos - 24!! on 11:45 - Dec 4 with 1679 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Sergio Ramos - 24!! on 10:34 - Dec 4 by 08olesen

I think he is up there with one of the best ever. He started playing for Spain when he was 19 and been a constant ever since, winning major trophies that other players could only dream of. Yes he has a screw loose at some points, but so did Roy Keane and Eric Cantona. I think he is a player that the likes of Arsenal have sorely missed.

Basically, i reject the idea that he runs around like a neanderthal clattering into people. He has incredible football brain, and would get into any team in the world i think. I agree though that 24 red cards is impressive for anybody!

It's amazing how many of them were for two yellows and for dissent and silly fouls. Bar a couple of incredibly violent episodes I wouldn't classify him as a Pepe-type thug.

I think he's been a very good footballer with pace, strength, good control and the skills to play right back as well. And then there's the phenomenal determination and goalscoring, like Keane you knew he'd be the man to pull you out of the fire with late heroics.

But at that level he's a shocking defender. Leaving aside the shocking disciplinary record he simply cannot defend and has no love for defending. His positioning is very poor, concentration equally so, he can tackle but often dives in when there's no need, he gets caught up the pitch far too often and kills his co-defenders with woeful decision-making on the offside trap and in open play.

In many ways Real was the wrong move for him. They love a battler there, they love fight, attitude, strength, never-say-die and he embodies that perfectly. But it's cost his overall game.

I think he should have been a right back, and if he had been he'd have been brilliant there. But when you name the top quality centre-backs of his generation he pales in comparison to them.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Sergio Ramos - 24!! on 12:29 - Dec 4 with 1631 viewskingsburyR

Sergio Ramos - 24!! on 11:45 - Dec 4 by BrianMcCarthy

It's amazing how many of them were for two yellows and for dissent and silly fouls. Bar a couple of incredibly violent episodes I wouldn't classify him as a Pepe-type thug.

I think he's been a very good footballer with pace, strength, good control and the skills to play right back as well. And then there's the phenomenal determination and goalscoring, like Keane you knew he'd be the man to pull you out of the fire with late heroics.

But at that level he's a shocking defender. Leaving aside the shocking disciplinary record he simply cannot defend and has no love for defending. His positioning is very poor, concentration equally so, he can tackle but often dives in when there's no need, he gets caught up the pitch far too often and kills his co-defenders with woeful decision-making on the offside trap and in open play.

In many ways Real was the wrong move for him. They love a battler there, they love fight, attitude, strength, never-say-die and he embodies that perfectly. But it's cost his overall game.

I think he should have been a right back, and if he had been he'd have been brilliant there. But when you name the top quality centre-backs of his generation he pales in comparison to them.

I'd have him in my team!

Love a filthy centre half!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Login to get fewer ads

Sergio Ramos - 24!! on 12:37 - Dec 4 with 1623 viewstheQPRking

I think he's one of the best in the world, one the best I've ever seen. Totally committed to winning, and a lot of those yellow cards were for fouls where he's taking one for the team. Apart from the fouls on Messi, he obviously doesn't like him so just kicks him into row A at every opportunity.. Which is understandable.
Sergio Ramos - 24!! on 13:02 - Dec 4 with 1590 viewsTheChef

The Spanish John Terry.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Sergio Ramos - 24!! on 14:48 - Dec 4 with 1545 viewskingsburyR

Sergio Ramos - 24!! on 13:02 - Dec 4 by TheChef

The Spanish John Terry.

Harsh!!!!!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Sergio Ramos - 24!! on 15:14 - Dec 4 with 1516 viewsBrightonhoop

Brilliant article, sets his charge sheet out nicely. Love the sly comment 2-0 with the game safe in the 94th min gets himself sent off again.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024