Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
usa lottery 10:02 - Dec 7 with 4331 viewsenfieldargh

I just got an automated call from US Lottery telling me I had won 2nd price.

I wouldnt mind but I didnt even enter

I hung up

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

usa lottery on 10:51 - Dec 7 with 4263 viewshopphoops

If you have won second prize in a beauty contest, you can collect £10 from each of us.

I believe Blob won last year.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

usa lottery on 10:53 - Dec 7 with 4258 viewsBerkoRanger

I got an automated call yesterday telling me that I was being taken to court by Her Majesty's Customs and Excise for non payment of tax and to press 1 on my handset for my allocated personal solicitor. I hung up - they haven't phoned back and I have payed PAYE tax all my life.

There really needs to be a law against these cold callers - I can't tell you how many times "Microsoft" have phoned me about my computer!
usa lottery on 11:19 - Dec 7 with 4214 viewsQPR_John

usa lottery on 10:53 - Dec 7 by BerkoRanger

I got an automated call yesterday telling me that I was being taken to court by Her Majesty's Customs and Excise for non payment of tax and to press 1 on my handset for my allocated personal solicitor. I hung up - they haven't phoned back and I have payed PAYE tax all my life.

There really needs to be a law against these cold callers - I can't tell you how many times "Microsoft" have phoned me about my computer!

The "Microsoft" calls are quite amusing and I like to string them along although it could be distressing for some. The thing is Microsoft would never offer help and would charge an arm and a leg for support
usa lottery on 11:24 - Dec 7 with 4200 viewsBerkoRanger

With a lot of these calls they use a machine that dials a couple of dozen numbers at once then they reverse the charges when the first person picks up, so by all means string them along but you could be paying for the call!!
usa lottery on 11:28 - Dec 7 with 4176 viewsQPR_John

usa lottery on 11:24 - Dec 7 by BerkoRanger

With a lot of these calls they use a machine that dials a couple of dozen numbers at once then they reverse the charges when the first person picks up, so by all means string them along but you could be paying for the call!!

Unless they have some sophisticated equipment there is no way anyone can reverse charges without the receivers permission. Never had to pay
[Post edited 7 Dec 2017 11:29]
usa lottery on 11:46 - Dec 7 with 4138 viewskensalriser

usa lottery on 10:53 - Dec 7 by BerkoRanger

Cold-calling is illegal if your number is registered with TPS.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

usa lottery on 11:53 - Dec 7 with 4124 viewsDorse

My favourite is the Indian call centres that keep calling me at work from, ahem, 'BT' telling me that cyber criminals are using my wifi during the night. I don't have a BT account and I switch off my router when I leave. The best was one where the conversation went like this:

'Hello, this is John calling from BT...'
'You're not though, are you'.
'I AM'
'But you're not, are you'.
'You are a motherfcuker'.
'Pardon?'
'Sorry, this is a bad line. Could you repeat that?'
'Still can't make it out. Can you say it really loud?'
'YOU ARE A MOTHERFCUKER!!'
'No, you're breaking up...'
'MOTHERFCUKER! MOTHERFCUKER! MOTHERFCUKER....'

I put the phone down on the desk and let him rant on for ages. And they still call. It's nice to feel wanted.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

usa lottery on 12:19 - Dec 7 with 4081 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I got a call from the Gas Board Bord Gais) last week. I knew the number but out of principle I wasn't going giving personal details over the phone.

Him: "Hi this is John from Bord Gais. For security reasons could you give me your date of birth please!
Me: "Sorry, no, I can't"
Him: "But you could be anyone"
Me: "And so could you!"
Him: "True"
Me: "Let's be Laurel and Hardy"

He laughed. We hung up.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

usa lottery on 12:39 - Dec 7 with 4044 viewseghamranger

I love these stories.

A few years ago I was with my daughter when she got a call that she wasn't happy about, she kept saying but I haven't etc etc.
I grabbed the phone and this girl tells me that she has been involved in an accident...

I said when... She is only 15

I then slate her for having a shite job and to get a life!!
usa lottery on 13:41 - Dec 7 with 3956 viewsheadhoops

I've had more accidents than Richard Hammond - at least a call a week at the moment.

Back in the day when stone cladding on your house was all the rage I kept getting the same company call to sell me the dream. I finally gave up and invited them round to quote. I was amazed when they didnt show up as I'm certain my 22nd floor flat would have looked amazing.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

usa lottery on 15:40 - Dec 7 with 3866 viewsBerkoRanger

Reminds me when somebody called trying to sell me life insurance - I said I was very interested but could they call back after my hang gliding lesson. Incidentally, I read about the reverse charges thing in a BBC news article. Apparently it is possible if they are cold calling from outside the country. But then, what do I know.....
usa lottery on 15:51 - Dec 7 with 3843 viewsRs_Holy

I love the "calling you regarding your recent car accident" ones... I take great care to explain that after the accident I lost both legs, my right arm and most of the vision in both eyes... I then reasure them that it hasn't stopped me driving.
usa lottery on 18:02 - Dec 7 with 3757 viewsJuzzie

Many moons ago I had a call asking me if I was interested in a conservatory. Got the usual "We are in your area next week and can offer a competive quote".

"You have my address don't you?" I asked
"yes, it's xxxxxxxxxxxx"
"Does that suggest a house or a flat"
"Looks like a flat"
"and does the flat number suggest I'm on the ground floor?"
"no, it could be a few floors up...... oh...." As the penny finally dropped.

Never heard back funnily enough.
usa lottery on 18:29 - Dec 7 with 3728 viewsBoston

Very rarely get any sales calls. Some 10/15 years ago a law came in where you register your phone number as one that companies are not allowed to ring for such purposes. Maybe once every 12/18 months someone will bug me, I express interest, take their name and contact info and pass it on to the relevant authority.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

usa lottery on 18:31 - Dec 7 with 3724 viewsBoston

....oh Enfield, did that offer include swimming across the Rio Grande?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

usa lottery on 21:31 - Dec 7 with 3628 viewsenfieldargh

Isnt that what an ex central defender of ours would earn from us every 3 hours?

Reminds me when I was about 5 we got a letter through the post saying we had won £5000 or something like that.(Readers Digest)

I ran down the road to where my dad was chatting with a neighbour. I was all exited shouting Dad Dad we've won loads of money suddenly I got shat on by a bird in the tree I was passing under.

just though Id share that

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

usa lottery on 21:54 - Dec 7 with 3602 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Scammer: Hello, is that Mr WrightUp5hit__

Mr WU5C___: Yesssss

Scammer: Im calling from Microsoft

Mr WU5C___:(in creepy voice) and?

Scammer: It's about your computer.

Mr WU5C___: They wont let me have a PC.

Scammer: Why wont they let you have a PC?

Mr WU5C___: They say they'll put me back inside

Scammer: errrm

Mr WU5C___: what are you wearing today?......, hello, are you still there?
usa lottery on 22:44 - Dec 7 with 3565 viewskarl

I only do this with the 'Microsoft' callers since they're definitely con artists whilst other cold callers are trying to earn a living albeit annoyingly.
Microsoft, I believe you're having trouble with the speed of your computer etc etc?
Me, Ah yes, hang on I'll go and get it (Nips off to get my referee whistle)
Me, (whispering) Hi I'm back can you hear me?
MS, Yes, just
Me, (whispering) Ok listen carefully
MS Yes, OHH FFS!

Did it three times and haven't heard from them for close to a year now
usa lottery on 08:01 - Dec 8 with 3440 viewsBrianMcCarthy

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

usa lottery on 11:32 - Dec 9 with 3229 viewscolinallcars

In a similar fashion, I had an email yesterday supposedly from a friend in Suffolk saying he was in trouble on a trip and needed money urgently. I guessed it was fake as he wouldn't send such a message and it started “hi, how are you today” not the wordage he would use. I phoned him and found he'd had his email hacked, the same message went to everyone on his address list. Took him all morning sorting it out with BT.
usa lottery on 12:01 - Dec 9 with 3190 viewsShotKneesHoop

usa lottery on 11:46 - Dec 7 by kensalriser

Cold-calling is illegal if your number is registered with TPS.

It's only illegal if the cold call is made from the UK. That's why so many fake calls / cold calls come through from the sub continent. And even if you do report it, TPS do phoook hall about it, and I mean phook hall. For example on Monday, I got call from an Asian in a call centre, who told me they were from TPS Management and wanted to sell me cold call blocking software. When I told them they obviously were not from TPS because they don't respond to complaints - let alone call back -they hung up. I use BT Call Protect which gives you the option to blacklist any number that calls you with a scam / dubious offer etc. So I blocked the number 01503 560667, but they then called me on a variation of numbers for 560660 to 560670, I have blocked every one of those numbers and the calls have stopped. Here's all you will ever get from TPS shown below.

Re: Your complaint against: DIRECT RESPONSE LTD

Dear Mr Stanley Bowles

Thank you for your recent communication about the unsolicited direct marketing telephone call that you received on your Telephone Preference Service (TPS) or Corporate TPS (CTPS) registered telephone number.

Unsolicited telephone calls are covered by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 which are enforced by the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO). It is unlawful to make unsolicited direct marketing calls to telephone numbers registered with TPS. The fact sheet briefly explains what the law says.

TPS has notified the company you reported that a complaint has been received relating to a breach of the above regulation. They have been instructed to investigate your complaint and respond to us within 14 days of receipt of our letter of complaint. We have also asked that they do not make any more unsolicited direct marketing calls to your telephone number and that it is suppressed.

Thank you again for bringing this matter to our attention, you will not hear from us again about this specific complaint. TPS has no enforcement powers but we work closely with the ICO and provide them with a regular file of all the complaints received including details of this complaint and the response received from the company.

It is the ICO’s responsibility to investigate non-compliant organisations and take appropriate action. Complaints investigated by us are referred to the ICO and are incorporated into their investigation into nuisance calls. Your information will help the ICO to direct its resources against those organisations that are causing the greatest nuisance. Information about the action the ICO takes can be found on its website at https://ico.org.uk/action-weve-taken/nuisance-calls-and-messages/

The ICO has and continues to issue fines against companies for making unsolicited direct marketing calls to telephone numbers registered with TPS.

Phooook Hall Happens.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

usa lottery on 13:04 - Dec 9 with 3158 viewsDaBurgh

I remember seeing a program a few years ago about the problem of cold calling. They spoke to some guy in America who was getting a ridiculous amount of calls, so what he did was this.
He got the head office address of all companies that were giving him the most grief, he then sent a 'recorded delivery' letter which was addressed to the customer service or some other similar department. The letter gave his contact details and said that 'signing for this letter means that you will adhere to the 'contract' contained within the letter.' The contract stated that any company that makes an unsolicited call to him will be charged $100 per call. So any future calls he received he confirmed the companies name and time and date of call. He then sent them an invoice for $100. Don't know how this worked out.
usa lottery on 13:09 - Dec 9 with 3155 viewsjohncharles

You have all won the USA Lottery. Just PM me your bank details and I’ll never bother you again.

Strong and stable my arse.

usa lottery on 17:56 - Dec 9 with 3073 viewsGaryT

How to prank a telemarketer, oldie but goody.

http://howtoprankatelemarketer.ytmnd.com/
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024