Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
beers & curry suggestions after the game please 15:00 - Dec 8 with 4695 viewswestberksr

afternoon chaps, change of plan tomorrow as I have 3 dirty Leeds champions of Europe mates having a few beers and a curry after the game.

Will need to get back to Paddington for trains later on so am I better off avoiding local pubs and head back towards Paddington, or can any of you fine gents suggest some pubs and a good local curry house. would like to keep the logistics simple.

they'll get in anywhere that doesn't require season tickets as they are all from Oxford area; so non-northern lingo. I usually have to chauffer the old fella home but have treated his mate to a ticket to take on that job on my behalf.
beers & curry suggestions after the game please on 15:24 - Dec 8 with 4670 viewsGloucs_R

There is a curry place 5 mins walk from Paddington, cant remembver the name but have eaten there a couple of times and never been poisoned....its on the main road. 2 pubs in the road opposite Paddington too but I'd heck to see who else is playing in London (using Paddington) before venturing into them.

Poll: Are we staying up?

beers & curry suggestions after the game please on 15:30 - Dec 8 with 4658 viewspaulparker

Alright Westberks , how's tricks ?

Ajanta on the Goldhawk road , went there not so long ago and was decent

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

beers & curry suggestions after the game please on 16:45 - Dec 8 with 4567 viewswestberksr

hadn't thought about the other fans in the area; good point.
beers & curry suggestions after the game please on 16:47 - Dec 8 with 4565 viewswestberksr

beers & curry suggestions after the game please on 15:30 - Dec 8 by paulparker

Alright Westberks , how's tricks ?

Ajanta on the Goldhawk road , went there not so long ago and was decent

hello mate; you in the pub beforehand tomorrow?

might give that a go and stay close to the ground and head to Paddington later on. can always Uber to Chiswick for a few if it's a bit dodgy getting into any pubs afterwards.
beers & curry suggestions after the game please on 16:53 - Dec 8 with 4551 viewspaulparker

beers & curry suggestions after the game please on 16:47 - Dec 8 by westberksr

hello mate; you in the pub beforehand tomorrow?

might give that a go and stay close to the ground and head to Paddington later on. can always Uber to Chiswick for a few if it's a bit dodgy getting into any pubs afterwards.

im afraid not im driving down after dropping the daughter into work so I wont reach west Ruislip until around 2.15 ,

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

beers & curry suggestions after the game please on 16:57 - Dec 8 with 4542 viewsdannyblue

If you like Thai curry, I strongly recommend the Heron in a flat-roofed pub just off Sussex Gardens. I'd also recommend eating in the bar rather than the restaurant for the atmosphere - roaring fire and lots of old tat saved after the demise of the Windsor Castle (including the handlebar club).
beers & curry suggestions after the game please on 17:31 - Dec 8 with 4488 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

I always enjoy the Victoria which is a 5 mins walk from Paddington station. Also the Mitre and the Swan near Lancaster Gate are pretty decent. Can't comment on a curry place but there is a Malaysian restaurant next door to the Swan. Might even bump into Tony!

Poll: Expectations for this season?

beers & curry suggestions after the game please on 17:32 - Dec 8 with 4488 viewsDannyPaddox

If you get a march on after the game The Raj on Shepherds Bush Road is a great curry house. The Richmond across the road is a pub that accommodates away fans. Goldhawk Road Tube a short walk.
Login to get fewer ads

beers & curry suggestions after the game please on 19:28 - Dec 8 with 4385 viewsLongsufferingR

beers & curry suggestions after the game please on 15:24 - Dec 8 by Gloucs_R

There is a curry place 5 mins walk from Paddington, cant remembver the name but have eaten there a couple of times and never been poisoned....its on the main road. 2 pubs in the road opposite Paddington too but I'd heck to see who else is playing in London (using Paddington) before venturing into them.

Has to rank as my favourite ever restaurant review:

"Can't remember the name but eaten there a couple of times and never been poisoned"
beers & curry suggestions after the game please on 22:31 - Dec 8 with 4249 viewsdodge_stoke_r

beers & curry suggestions after the game please on 19:28 - Dec 8 by LongsufferingR

Has to rank as my favourite ever restaurant review:

"Can't remember the name but eaten there a couple of times and never been poisoned"

My thoughts entirely
beers & curry suggestions after the game please on 22:49 - Dec 8 with 4221 viewskensalriser

The (in)famous Khan's of Westbourne Grove?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

beers & curry suggestions after the game please on 22:51 - Dec 8 with 4218 viewsDannyPaddox

beers & curry suggestions after the game please on 17:31 - Dec 8 by CliveWilsonSaid

I always enjoy the Victoria which is a 5 mins walk from Paddington station. Also the Mitre and the Swan near Lancaster Gate are pretty decent. Can't comment on a curry place but there is a Malaysian restaurant next door to the Swan. Might even bump into Tony!

The Victoria is a lovely old Fullers pub. Well worth the short walk. Red Fox, a delicious autumn ale on at the moment.
beers & curry suggestions after the game please on 23:15 - Dec 8 with 4190 viewsBoston

beers & curry suggestions after the game please on 16:57 - Dec 8 by dannyblue

If you like Thai curry, I strongly recommend the Heron in a flat-roofed pub just off Sussex Gardens. I'd also recommend eating in the bar rather than the restaurant for the atmosphere - roaring fire and lots of old tat saved after the demise of the Windsor Castle (including the handlebar club).

...as in Windsor Castle, Harrow Rd?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

beers & curry suggestions after the game please on 00:15 - Dec 11 with 3926 viewsdannyblue

beers & curry suggestions after the game please on 23:15 - Dec 8 by Boston

This was one in Marylebone apparently
beers & curry suggestions after the game please on 06:44 - Dec 11 with 3870 viewsPlanetHonneywood

beers & curry suggestions after the game please on 23:15 - Dec 8 by Boston

So, in summary: we suggested a pub called the Windsor Castle to a bloke from West Berkshire!

Small wonder why we've amassed a solitary point out of a potential 18!!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

beers & curry suggestions after the game please on 21:59 - Dec 11 with 3701 viewswestberksr

Thanks all, went for the Ajanta on Goldhawk which Paul recommended.

Had a few pints first in the Home pub opposite the Green. Just flashed my season ticket and we got in. Kept it simple and then they headed off to Paddington when the traffic died down.
beers & curry suggestions after the game please on 22:10 - Dec 11 with 3691 viewsBklynRanger

Ajanta is a solid choice. I had a very decent vindaloo in there the other day and was even more impressed the next morning when I didn't have to relive it on the bog 2 or 3 times - a true sign of quality imho.
beers & curry suggestions after the game please on 00:17 - Dec 16 with 3517 viewsTacticalR

For anyone going to Birmingham tomorrow...

I was in Birmingham for a conference last week and really liked the Indian Brewery. It sells Indian food and craft beer. It's by the side of Birmingham Snowhill station (which is about 10 minutes walk from Birmingham New Street Station in the opposite direction to St. Andrews).

https://brumandbeyond.com/2017/01/22/the-indian-brewery-birmingham/

Air hostess clique

beers & curry suggestions after the game please on 10:58 - Dec 16 with 3434 viewsAshdown_Ranger

Here's my recipe for the best venison curry I've ever eaten (made last week).

1) Find deer struck by car/lorry overnight on the Ashdown Forest - still warm the next morning.

2) Collect wife to help lift carcass into back of car.

3) Hang deer in garden, out of reach of foxes.

4) Disembowel deer and leave to hang for two days in very cold weather.

5) Skin deer, take off legs, shoulders, head and neck.

6) Fillet torso and trim off 'lesser' cuts for the dogs.

7) Cut bones down to manageable size for the dogs.

8) Placate neighbours in your blood-spattered jeans, sweatshirt and work boots that you're really not a chainsaw killer.

9) Variously bone, dress, chop and freeze about a year's worth of venison.

10) Cook up with your favourite blend of curry spices, wash down with several pints of Harveys.

11) Sleep for at least 12 hours - skinning and cutting up a fully grown deer is bl**dy knackering...
beers & curry suggestions after the game please on 12:25 - Dec 16 with 3399 viewsBoston

beers & curry suggestions after the game please on 10:58 - Dec 16 by Ashdown_Ranger

Here's my recipe for the best venison curry I've ever eaten (made last week).

1) Find deer struck by car/lorry overnight on the Ashdown Forest - still warm the next morning.

2) Collect wife to help lift carcass into back of car.

3) Hang deer in garden, out of reach of foxes.

4) Disembowel deer and leave to hang for two days in very cold weather.

5) Skin deer, take off legs, shoulders, head and neck.

6) Fillet torso and trim off 'lesser' cuts for the dogs.

7) Cut bones down to manageable size for the dogs.

8) Placate neighbours in your blood-spattered jeans, sweatshirt and work boots that you're really not a chainsaw killer.

9) Variously bone, dress, chop and freeze about a year's worth of venison.

10) Cook up with your favourite blend of curry spices, wash down with several pints of Harveys.

11) Sleep for at least 12 hours - skinning and cutting up a fully grown deer is bl**dy knackering...

You're that Paddy Ashdown, ain't ya?

beers & curry suggestions after the game please on 12:27 - Dec 16 with 3396 viewsBoston

beers & curry suggestions after the game please on 00:17 - Dec 16 by TacticalR

For anyone going to Birmingham tomorrow...

I was in Birmingham for a conference last week and really liked the Indian Brewery. It sells Indian food and craft beer. It's by the side of Birmingham Snowhill station (which is about 10 minutes walk from Birmingham New Street Station in the opposite direction to St. Andrews).

https://brumandbeyond.com/2017/01/22/the-indian-brewery-birmingham/

Hope you nicked them beer glasses?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024