Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mr Holloway 18:16 - Dec 9 with 39394 viewsJogo

Thank you for your effort as both player and manager over the years...but will you please now f@ck off.
Mr Holloway on 18:21 - Dec 9 with 10097 viewsMistication92

Who would you get in to replace him, out of interest? Bearing in mind whoever is manager, the club is finishing 16th this season.
Mr Holloway on 18:30 - Dec 9 with 10022 viewsSharpy36

"finishing 16th this season" Good luck with that.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Mr Holloway on 18:31 - Dec 9 with 10014 views2Thomas2Bowles

I think there should be a ban on anyone saying sake the manager without giving sensible alternatives and how they will do a better job

It's not like we have not been here before, last time Olly got the push how many managers did we have in the following years up to NW and then we sacked him and got MH........... what fun

Be careful what you wish for
[Post edited 9 Dec 2017 18:32]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Mr Holloway on 18:39 - Dec 9 with 9945 viewsJamesB1979

Mr Holloway on 18:31 - Dec 9 by 2Thomas2Bowles

I think there should be a ban on anyone saying sake the manager without giving sensible alternatives and how they will do a better job

It's not like we have not been here before, last time Olly got the push how many managers did we have in the following years up to NW and then we sacked him and got MH........... what fun

Be careful what you wish for
[Post edited 9 Dec 2017 18:32]

Well I’d have got rid of Ollie in the summer and got derek McInnes in from Aberdeen. He’s realistic and done a fantastic job at Aberdeen in tight budget turning them into no 2 side in Scotland. Has developed a few young Scottish players too. However, that was the summer. Now, I’m not sure what we do as agree with Clive on the mid season managerial change. However going down would be a disaster.
Mr Holloway on 18:43 - Dec 9 with 9917 viewsactonman

I'm not even sure holloways the problem although it's quite obvious he's defiantly not the answer . I know changing managers hasn't exactly worked in the past and I wouldn't trust us to hire anybody any better anyway so I'm afraid we will have to just put up and shut up .
Something needs to happen though or we will be in league 1 with a 60 million weight round our neck with no way back
Mr Holloway on 18:46 - Dec 9 with 9895 views2Thomas2Bowles

Mr Holloway on 18:39 - Dec 9 by JamesB1979

Well I’d have got rid of Ollie in the summer and got derek McInnes in from Aberdeen. He’s realistic and done a fantastic job at Aberdeen in tight budget turning them into no 2 side in Scotland. Has developed a few young Scottish players too. However, that was the summer. Now, I’m not sure what we do as agree with Clive on the mid season managerial change. However going down would be a disaster.

how would he have managed the injuries and lack of a decent goal scorer

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Mr Holloway on 18:56 - Dec 9 with 9809 viewsJamesB1979

Mr Holloway on 18:46 - Dec 9 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Played Sylla every game....he has good and bad games but he scores goals. I don’t think strikers are the issue nor do I think or want us to go out and buy players. I think we need more physicality in midfield and more organisation in defence. However that’s what I’d do. No idea what McInnes would do. Also I said I’d have made change in summer so before the injuries.
Mr Holloway on 18:58 - Dec 9 with 9789 viewstraininvain

People need to learn to live with disappointment as it's part & parcel of following a football club trying to half the wage bill whilst standing still.

Unfortunately some of our fans lack the emotional intelligence to fully understand the situation.
Login to get fewer ads

Mr Holloway on 19:01 - Dec 9 with 9757 viewsRuislipHoop

Mr Holloway on 18:46 - Dec 9 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Call me old fashioned,but if I had two strikers who only seem to score with headers I would make sure I had a winger on the pitch who could supply them with the crosses they need.
He appears to take a striker off and then put on a winger or like today,plays the winger at right back until we are two down and then brings on another striker and plays the right back as a winger.
I'm confused just writing it.
Mr Holloway on 19:35 - Dec 9 with 9598 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Mr Holloway on 18:56 - Dec 9 by JamesB1979

Played Sylla every game....he has good and bad games but he scores goals. I don’t think strikers are the issue nor do I think or want us to go out and buy players. I think we need more physicality in midfield and more organisation in defence. However that’s what I’d do. No idea what McInnes would do. Also I said I’d have made change in summer so before the injuries.

So, you'd have signed players that wouldn't have got injured?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Mr Holloway on 19:37 - Dec 9 with 9575 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Mr Holloway on 19:01 - Dec 9 by RuislipHoop

Call me old fashioned,but if I had two strikers who only seem to score with headers I would make sure I had a winger on the pitch who could supply them with the crosses they need.
He appears to take a striker off and then put on a winger or like today,plays the winger at right back until we are two down and then brings on another striker and plays the right back as a winger.
I'm confused just writing it.

To b honest, I thought that we played with more width than they did today and we had more crosses. But their first two goals came from two rare but excellent crosses that were attacked well. Quality talks.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Mr Holloway on 19:39 - Dec 9 with 9561 viewsbaz_qpr

I think he has bought well, but his tactics and in game management is wildly erratic- I’m not sure he is getting the best out of the tools at his disposal as
Mr Holloway on 19:44 - Dec 9 with 9515 viewsBerkoRanger

Mr Holloway on 19:39 - Dec 9 by baz_qpr

I think he has bought well, but his tactics and in game management is wildly erratic- I’m not sure he is getting the best out of the tools at his disposal as

Nail on head right there!
Mr Holloway on 19:53 - Dec 9 with 9462 viewsted_hendrix

QPR boss Ian Holloway:

"We'll look at where we are and see if we can maybe freshen it up with people who haven't had to go through this, because it looks like they're getting down a little bit.

"We played very well in the first half and should have been ahead but unfortunately the goal we need to give the boys the confidence they deserve is eluding us.

"Then when the opposition score, as they did today, it hits us a bit, and then they got another one.

"The annoying one was the third one, because we were right back in it after the crazy goal we got.

Hurrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Mr Holloway on 20:13 - Dec 9 with 9318 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Mr Holloway on 20:18 - Dec 9 with 9288 viewsShotKneesHoop

I watched the Naaaaarch - Owls game tonight. Naaarch were shocking, first half worse than anything we have produced, and they were at home. Wednesday should have buried Naaaaarch but the Owls wanted to walk the ball into the net.

Then second half, Naaarch get a goal out the blue from a corner, then a second goal from a rare breakaway; and a penalty in added time. Suddenly Naaarch are "pushing for the play offs" Last time they won at home was agains.... t ? Guess who . Us. And they were no better then than tonight.

We just have to tough it out. Pick the best 11 every game, sod the fancy dan tactics. We should be ok - there are much worse sides than us in this division. These two are no better, much less commitment than QPR, shame that they have the odd striker or two,

And their haircuts are shockers.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Mr Holloway on 20:21 - Dec 9 with 9266 viewsbosh67

Mr Holloway on 19:39 - Dec 9 by baz_qpr

Spot on. This is not a bad set of players. Although they do seem to have a chronic lack of pace as opposed to teams we play against.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Mr Holloway on 20:26 - Dec 9 with 9228 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Would going down be a disaster? Now a £40m FFP fine that's a disaster and it looks like we might survive that. We should be able to cope with a relegation too and probably have a squad that would do quite well in league 1. In any case we'll probably finish 16th like somebody else has said so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Mr Holloway on 20:27 - Dec 9 with 9219 viewsHadders

Accidentally pressed the up arrow on the OP. Holloway f@cking off is definitely not what we need.
Mr Holloway (n/t) on 20:45 - Dec 9 with 9149 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

[Post edited 9 Dec 2017 20:45]
Mr Holloway on 21:08 - Dec 9 with 9041 viewsRs_Holy

Can’t see anyone doing a better job in the circumstances... Ollie In!
Mr Holloway on 21:47 - Dec 9 with 8906 viewsdigswellhoop

Mr Holloway on 18:21 - Dec 9 by Mistication92

Who would you get in to replace him, out of interest? Bearing in mind whoever is manager, the club is finishing 16th this season.

VERY OPTOMISTIC IF WE STAY UP WILL BE A BONUS
Mr Holloway on 22:43 - Dec 9 with 8816 viewsTacticalR

Mr Holloway on 20:26 - Dec 9 by CliveWilsonSaid

Would going down be a disaster? Now a £40m FFP fine that's a disaster and it looks like we might survive that. We should be able to cope with a relegation too and probably have a squad that would do quite well in league 1. In any case we'll probably finish 16th like somebody else has said so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

I can't see dropping down to League One would do us any good. After all, our strategy in the Championship has been to sell off our Premiership players and get in young, hungry League One players, so presumably our strategy in League One would be to sell off our Championship players and get in young, hungry League Two players.

Air hostess clique

Mr Holloway on 22:54 - Dec 9 with 8754 viewsGloucs_R

Heart says stay, head says go.

The squad aren't this bad. Injuries accepted but he just keeps persevering with under performing players.

We've been poor under Ollie since he came back apart from a few lucky wins. The lads show character but zero tactically knowledge. His selection up front 😨

Poll: Are we staying up?

Mr Holloway on 22:55 - Dec 9 with 8753 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Mr Holloway on 22:43 - Dec 9 by TacticalR

I can't see dropping down to League One would do us any good. After all, our strategy in the Championship has been to sell off our Premiership players and get in young, hungry League One players, so presumably our strategy in League One would be to sell off our Championship players and get in young, hungry League Two players.

Ok. To put it another way why would it be a disaster?

Poll: Expectations for this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024